Too late to start this?

Solarus755

Hi everyone,

This game looks like a ton of fun and I'd like to give it a solid try. I am however a bit of a completionist and I'm worried about the servers shutting down, or bugged trophies preventing me from getting 100%. Would I be making a huge mistake in starting this? How difficult is it to find a crew to do CQC? Are community events being regularly done again? Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

there CQC is Easy to boost, IIRC ya just need 4-6 people - Only down side., is That (when i last played 2 years ago) There were some "Elite Sweats" that hunted booster groups in the Pvo Side of things

Only glitched trophy i came across was the one for joining a Guild/group - but the boost group that i was apart of didn't have this issue - it hasn't resolved for me yet how ever 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Solarus755 said:

Hi everyone,

This game looks like a ton of fun and I'd like to give it a solid try. I am however a bit of a completionist and I'm worried about the servers shutting down, or bugged trophies preventing me from getting 100%. Would I be making a huge mistake in starting this? How difficult is it to find a crew to do CQC? Are community events being regularly done again? Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a completionist too and was asking myself the same question. Two months later I got 100%, no problems. Community goals just started again and will be running for 2 years. Moreover, they are planning to release an expansion soon which most likely will have new trophies so now is a good time to start. For CQC you need only one dedicated partner to grind exp with. To get the wins for modes you will need 3 others but it's a quick and easy task, no grind involved. If you are going for 100% it might take you 400-500 hours so keep that in mind. Since the game doesn't have any meaningful content, most of your time will be spent grinding some thing or the other.

• Like 1

Just now, Silver-I-Chariot said:

For CQC you need only one dedicated partner to grind exp with. To get the wins for modes you will need 3 others but it's a quick and easy task,

Didn't know ya only needed 1 person for the lv 50 grind that's good to know,

Bonus side, unsure if it's been fixed. but some of the PVP win Trophy's are glitchy in a good way, Like, I got win 25 matches after 3 matches  0

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Didn't know ya only needed 1 person for the lv 50 grind that's good to know,

Yeah I think they changed that. Problem is that the lobby is open for everyone and pvp isn't as dead as some people think. Especially now that you can queue for CQC right from the main game and start a match with 2 people. Some randoms have millions of exp and won't leave you alone, which means sometimes you will have no choice but to go offline and hope the lobby is free next time.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

I'm a completionist too and was asking myself the same question. Two months later I got 100%, no problems. Community goals just started again and will be running for 2 years. Moreover, they are planning to release an expansion soon which most likely will have new trophies so now is a good time to start. For CQC you need only one dedicated partner to grind exp with. To get the wins for modes you will need 3 others but it's a quick and easy task, no grind involved. If you are going for 100% it might take you 400-500 hours so keep that in mind. Since the game doesn't have any meaningful content, most of your time will be spent grinding some thing or the other.

This is very reassuring! Thanks a lot for the reply. This lays my fears to rest. I'll chip away at it over the next few months with a break for Cyberpunk!

• 1 month later...

Think I did full ranking with two teams of four doing capture the flag, connecting at the same time to be put into the same map.  I worked out (at the time) capture the flag to be the best exp/hr, one person capturing the flags per game, then alternating. But then this was back in 2017. If you were exceptionally good at Death match you could get a better exp/hr I think, but CTF was pretty much steady xp.

Edited by Ara_Dax