PS3, PSP, And PS Vita Will Stop Accepting Payments In Europe Through Card And PayPal From January 1, 2021

Aranea Highwind

15 hours ago, Sikutai said:

No problem, I always pay with prepaid cards and that is the best and most comfortable and safest way to pay in the PSN store.

That's illegal and very dangerous. Nobody sane would do that.

That's the kind of paranoid overreaction a helicopter parent would have over a kid crossing the street when the light's orange.

16 hours ago, Sikutai said:

No problem, I always pay with prepaid cards and that is the best and most comfortable and safest way to pay in the PSN store.

That's illegal and very dangerous. Nobody sane would do that.

What are you talking about? There are tons of online prepaid code merchants. CDKeys has been around for ages and I've purchased Plus and foreign currency codes from them regularly. Play-Asia also distributes digital codes. Hell, for a while Costco was offering online PSN codes which were delivered via email. I now buy a 2 pack of $50 in store for $90 which is basically $10 free and is a no-brainer. So this change isn't really a major inconvenience, although the logic is questionable.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

they should do a permanent mark down on some games and DLC, DLCs on ps3 are expensive.

i'm all for it. especially for older ps3 DLC and indie games. everybody would benefit.

at some point when i run out of ps3 games to get physically. it will be all about psn titles.

but it won't happen. gotta spend mucho dinero on stuff that is out of print.

Edited by kingdrake2

I live in the UK but my account is Japanese, so I always have used prepaid cards. I have an old EU account from when I lived in Ireland as a kid but haven't logged into it in years. That sucks though, the main benefit of prepaid cards other than the risk of getting your card details stolen if hacked is that it controls my spending a lot. I can imagine that if I had my credit card saved on psn, I would be in overdraft every sale. As prepaid cards are a pain to get, I usually only get a game if I really really want it and am 100% sure I will play it

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am in the USA and have used cdkeys.com in the past to buy UK (GBP) PSN codes and play-asia.com to buy AS (SGD) PSN codes.  The last time I bought foreign codes looks to have been approximately January 6th (on both websites)  I have tried 5, 6 times over the last 3 days to buy foreign codes and have had all transactions fail.  Does any one know wtf the deal is and where can we buy foreign psn codes from now?  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, jrod2510 said:

I am in the USA and have used cdkeys.com in the past to buy UK (GBP) PSN codes and play-asia.com to buy AS (SGD) PSN codes.  The last time I bought foreign codes looks to have been approximately January 6th (on both websites)  I have tried 5, 6 times over the last 3 days to buy foreign codes and have had all transactions fail.  Does any one know wtf the deal is and where can we buy foreign psn codes from now?  Thanks.

I have been unable to purchase foreign codes from any sites at all this year. Contacting the sites (including CD Keys and Play Asia) didn’t help at all, they had no explanation why the transactions failed with either several direct credit charges or PayPal attempts. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 7:21 PM, DaivRules said:

I have been unable to purchase foreign codes from any sites at all this year. Contacting the sites (including CD Keys and Play Asia) didn’t help at all, they had no explanation why the transactions failed with either several direct credit charges or PayPal attempts. 

I think the sites got region locked all of a sudden, which makes no sense.  Used a VPN, chose London, England and used both cdkeys & play-asia without issue.

On 5/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, DaivRules said:

I got a Japanese code from Play Asia yesterday.