Welcome to Jurassic Park.

You

4 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

How? Sports titles release every year and are the gaming equivalent of mobile "games" aka microtransaction fests.

Yeah man but he can still have an opinion, he's played other titles too. 

Edit: He isn't wrong either, look at this video

Edited by H2JXO
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, westersburg said:

Why are you guys talking about a xbox series x or ps5 version. It's just the pro version of ps4 and one with some tweaks. That's just regular backwards compatibility. The real next version releases next year...

Because I thought the ps4 wasn't showing exactly how good it can look. Which is true.. My ps5 doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the clip in the video from OP, but it still looks like garbage. 

With my ps5 running the ps4 version of the game as best as it can be played, it still looks like a 2013-14 title. Kinda disappointing, unless it's some dumb marketing strategy to make the ps5 version insane looking when it comes out to make everyone buy that instead for double profits.. 

7 minutes ago, H2JXO said:

Yeah man but he can still have an opinion, he's played other titles too. 

Edit: He isn't wrong either, look at this video

I was talking about the fact that he thinks W3 is overrated. Which I'd disagree with. It's an incredibly well-made game in terms of visuals, RPG elements, characters, writing both the main story and side content.

I said C77 is quite disappointing.

Just now, OmegaRejectz said:

I was talking about the fact that he thinks W3 is overrated. Which I'd disagree with. It's an incredibly well-made game in terms of visuals, RPG elements, characters, writing both the main story and side content.

I said C77 is quite disappointing.

Oh my bad, W3 ain't overrated it is in my top 5 games list. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 3:24 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

How? Sports titles release every year and are the gaming equivalent of mobile "games" aka microtransaction fests.

Hey there sweetheart... I enjoy sports titles because I enjoy sports.  But I play nearly every genre of games.  How about you? 

RPG, JRPG, Action Adventure, Platformers, Racing Arcade/Sim, Business Sims, and Turn Based Strategy I play em all, beat em all.  And I even have the Collectors Edition of Cyberpunk 2077.  But I am not going to play a busted, 720p 20fps, game when an upgrade is coming for it.  

Yeah, I enjoy 2K.  But at least that looks, and runs smooth.  Unlike Cyberpunk!

• Like 2

On 12/12/2020 at 2:31 AM, Riszcky said:

Kinda disappointing, unless it's some dumb marketing strategy to make the ps5 version insane looking when it comes out to make everyone buy that instead for double profits.. 

The PS5 version will be free for everyone that has the PS4 version. Wish they would have concentrated on current-gen versions and sacked the last-gen versions since that is fucking stone age tech at this point especially when a game is not built specifically for it. Guess there was too much money to be lost by excluding all those PS4 and Xbone owners. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 2:34 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

which I agree with him because the combat is booty. Sure the quests are 10/10 but this isn’t a tell tale game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Wish they would have concentrated on current-gen versions and sacked the last-gen versions since that is fucking stone age tech at this point especially when a game is not built specifically for it. 

Literally millions of potential customers versus catering to the handful that actually got a next-gen console? Come on, that doesn't make any sense at all, financially.

They sold over 8 million pre-orders! Not possible to do with only PS5.

Also, it is only using RedEngine 4, which is basically RedEngine 3 with Raytracing put on top of it. Since the PS4 (Pro) don't do RT, it's basically RE3 again - which is what Witcher 3 used and that game is still gorgeous to this day! But only after a shitload of patches.

So I'm optimistic that the same thing will happen here. Give it some time.

Also, it's not like Cyberpunk on PS4 Pro is an ugly game. I already took many gorgeous screenshots. It's only a disappointment if you expected it to look like the trailers... but then again, we should be used by now to the fact that CDPR lies in their trailers... it happened with Witcher 3 as well, remember?

Also, the game looks nothing like in the video posted... that's a Day 0 Build, without the huge Day 1 Patch.
It has it's problems, sure, but v1.04 is already much better than the Day 1 Patch build and I'm sure we will see other improvements down the road.

But even in v1.04 I find it to be a very enjoyable game on PS4. It has bugs and unfortunately still the occasional crash here and there but I play it and suddenly, a shitload of hours have passed without me realising it... so it must be doing something right.

But I'm very curious how the true PS5 version will turn out. (and I'm also curious as to when I will be able to actually get a PS5 haha)
They are also working on a Next-Gen version of Witcher 3. I'm very much looking forward to that and I'm hoping that it gets its own trophy list :D

2 minutes ago, Sicho said:

Literally millions of potential customers versus catering to the handful that actually got a next-gen console? Come on, that doesn't make any sense at all, financially.

They sold over 8 million pre-orders! Not possible to do with only PS5.

Sure it wouldn't have made sense financially but it would have been the right thing to do once they realized how shitty the game was shaping up on last-gen. They should have at least delayed the last-gen versions again until they could get them running acceptably. I don't think they would be taking as much heat for that as they are now. 

4 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Sure it wouldn't have made sense financially but it would have been the right thing to do once they realized how shitty the game was shaping up on last-gen. They should have at least delayed the last-gen versions again until they could get them running acceptably. I don't think they would be taking as much heat for that as they are now. 

Didn't they know though because I could swear I saw the reason it was delayed from the 19th of Nov to the 10th of Dec is because of how poorly it ran on current gen consoles and surely they had to know anyway because wouldn't they encounter all these problems when they were testing it in house? unless they never tested it on current gen but surely they did.

Edited by Bluefalcon2210

46 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Well I'm playing it for a little over 30 hours now and I'm having lots of fun with it - wouldn't be playing it now if it were Current Gen only.

So I'm glad they released it Cross Gen.

Many people - especially thanks to the pandemic - are also not able to financially treat themselves to a new platform for maybe years. Why should they be excluded of the experience?
I mean they are patching the game. It would be a different story if they simply released it, took the cash and then said "well that's it, patches for new platforms only" or something like that... you know... EA style? ;D

• Like 1