Leveling Skills?

DrakeHellsing

I don't think the game's explained it to me. I see the skill bar thing within the skills area, but hovering over it doesn't give me any tool tip or anything like that.

So, how would I go about leveling them up? I've been putting points into the top right skill area so far (I think it's techie, or something similar. The one to do with crafting and grenades). But nothing about getting it leveled up.

Unless I need to be in combat or something for it to count? Or do I need to maybe craft stuff?

So far, that's the only thing in the game I'm unsure of.

You need to craft or dismantle items (anything that gives you components back) to level up the skill of the attribute Technical Ability.

For Body: Run and use melee weapons (also fists).

For Intelligence: Use your hacks a lot.

For Reflexes: Use weapons like handguns, snipers and blades like katanas, mantis blades.

For Cool: Just do things while being stealthy

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I don't think the game's explained it to me. I see the skill bar thing within the skills area, but hovering over it doesn't give me any tool tip or anything like that.

So, how would I go about leveling them up? I've been putting points into the top right skill area so far (I think it's techie, or something similar. The one to do with crafting and grenades). But nothing about getting it leveled up.

Unless I need to be in combat or something for it to count? Or do I need to maybe craft stuff?

So far, that's the only thing in the game I'm unsure of.

Best way is to put body on 20 and fill up annihilation (shotgun kills). 

My "platinum build" is:

20 Body (easy 20 perk trophy) 

11 Reflex 

20 Tech (crafting trophy) 

10 Intelligence 

10 Cool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Best way is to put body on 20 and fill up annihilation (shotgun kills). 

My "platinum build" is:

20 Body (easy 20 perk trophy) 

11 Reflex 

20 Tech (crafting trophy) 

10 Intelligence 

10 Cool

I'm doing a similar. Currently lvl 40 with 20 body, 18 tech and the rest are under 10

• Like 1

First off, you can only level up your skill level to the same level as your attritube level i.e. 10 attribute points in Body means you can level up Atheltics/Street Brawler/Annihilation to level 10.

Second, the information in this thread is pretty light.

For Athletics, yes, running around and using stamina in general levels it up very slightly. You only get 20xp or so at a time doing that, and maxing it out takes 10s or even 100s of thousands of xp to max out. What you really want to do is get the best Berserk OS you can equip from a ripperdoc with any cooldown reductions or berserk duration mods you have. Activate that and swing any melee weapon you have. I have one that lasts 60 seconds and I get 8,600xp each time.

Crafting - Crafting/dismantling/upgrading gives you xp, yeah. If you want to exploit a method, you can while it still works. If you have a stack of several hundred consumables, every time you dismantle one, you get the XP for dismantling the whole stack even though you just did one.

Engineering - Opening doors requiring technical ability, disarming mines, using grenades, etc. The biggest thing is using Tech weapons to shoot through walls. That'll give you the biggest XP gains.

Cold Blood - You only get Cold Blood XP if you have the Cold Blood perk. I only have minimum attribute points in this, so I don't have much info on these skills.

The other skills are pretty self explanatory

The mantis blades with beast mode/bezerk are op.  And Im on hard and have reflexs to 16.  Shredding enemies b4 they know wtf happened.  Locked myself out of 10 out of 10 trophy bc I leveled without trophies in mind.   Cool is my lowest.  Kinda excited in the future to do 1 more playthrough with a aggressive lopsided build, but loving the balace atm though.  I find using the blades does wonders for athletics.  I run everywhere and it barely leveled b4.  Highly suggest playing with the blades.  Super fun.