Sega says future remakes and rereleases depends on what fans want

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/10/24/sega-say-future-remakes-and-rereleases-depends-on-what-fans-want/

Yosuke-399x600.jpg
This year marks the 30th anniversary of SEGA Corporation as the company has started out as both arcade and consumer businesses. To celebrate their years of service, Famitsu mangazine managed to speak with Sega’s third CS Research and Development producer, Yosuke Okunari about his work.

“For Sonic from the Sega Genesis, not only did we make it into 3D, but we also added the Spin Dash, which I believe made it easier to play. For 3D Galaxy Force II, the 3D added more depth to the screen, making it less common to get lost on the route. The things staff members wanted to express in the past but couldn’t, are now possible with today’s technology. And we’d like to share that joy. For our next lineup, it will depend on all of your voices, so please continue to support us.” ~ Okunari

Yosuke Okunari has worked on many projects at SEGA Corporation from SEGA AGES 2500 PS2 line up to 3D Reproduction Project for the Nintendo 3DS system in order to bring back titles we all know and love in a brand new way for both old and new players which you can see here.

Famitsu interviewed Okunari-san on how he started on the remakes such as Dragon ForceVirtua Fighter 2, and the recent 3DS remakes. At the end of the interview, he states that the next line up depends on what the fans want. I would love to see Fighters Megamix remade the same way NiGHTS into Dreams and Dynamite Deka was developed with a Saturn Mode or even an actual The House of the Dead arcade port with new modes. What SEGA titles would you guys would like to see remade?

Skies of Arcadia? Shenmue? Panzer Dragoon Saga? I know they "lost" the source code to the last one, but it could happen if fans really want it, probably.

• Like 1

isn't panzer dragoon series been bought by microsoft??

anyway mine would have to be.

illbleed.

streets of rage series.

Ristar < ( MAKE THIS HAPPEN )

an open world alex kidd game remade of the first and second games.

i don't know but i wanted a remake of the game gear Tails adventure and i hope it'll be an open world with action RPG elements.

shenmue 1 and 2 for current and next gen.

fighting vipers 2 the one on the DC that never seen the light over seas.

and finally skies of arcadia since i never got the chance to play it.

isn't panzer dragoon series been bought by microsoft??

illbleed.

streets of rage series.

i don't know but i wanted a remake of the game gear Tails adventure and i hope it'll be an open world with action RPG elements.

I know Panzer Dragoon Orta was on Xbox, but I don't remember anything about Microsoft buying the PD series, just that Sega decided to give out different franchaises to the different consoles, like Skies of Arcadia and Sonic (SA1 and 2 remakes) for GCN, PD, JSR, and Shenmue for Xbox (which none have been seen since), and Shining Force (though I think the DS and GBA had a few)

I haven't played Illbleed yet, but I'm curious about it, sounds akin to Resident Evil in the B movie style.

There was actually a really good remake pitch that the guys behind the Castle of Illusion remake made before they were closed.  It's unknown if we'll ever see it.  There was also that Streets of Rage remake project a few years ago.  Sadly, I never got to play it.

Tails Adventure  :wub: I would love a remake or even sequel to that.  Easily one of my favorite Game Gear games.

I know Panzer Dragoon Orta was on Xbox, but I don't remember anything about Microsoft buying the PD series, just that Sega decided to give out different franchaises to the different consoles, like Skies of Arcadia and Sonic (SA1 and 2 remakes) for GCN, PD, JSR, and Shenmue for Xbox (which none have been seen since), and Shining Force (though I think the DS and GBA had a few)

I haven't played Illbleed yet, but I'm curious about it, sounds akin to Resident Evil in the B movie style.

There was actually a really good remake pitch that the guys behind the Castle of Illusion remake made before they were closed.  It's unknown if we'll ever see it.  There was also that Streets of Rage remake project a few years ago.  Sadly, I never got to play it.

Tails Adventure  :wub: I would love a remake or even sequel to that.  Easily one of my favorite Game Gear games.

the closest game this generation to illbleed in the style of the B horror movies and poor graphics and such is ( deadly premonition the directors cut ) on ps3 and PC.

originally released on 360 and only in japan ps3 version, until it got the directors cut update on ps3 worldwide and PC, deadly premonition is an open world while illblead is more liner.

though had no idea that sega studios australia been shut down.

Edited by yellowwindow7