Best Path to platinum

Slipknot_Fan007

Hey y’all, I’m looking at starting this platinum grind here soon, since the website was shut down I’m nervous that the servers could go at anytime so I need to stop pushing it off. Obviously I need to do the multiplayer trophies first, but can anybody give me advice on what exactly I should try to do first to make it go smooth and get things done the fastest? I’ve never played the game or any other Killzones before so I’m pretty unfamiliar with the games and their formats. I’ve looked over the trophy guide a few times but some things are still a little unclear to me and I’m not sure the best things to do when starting out. Just want to get started the best way possible since I know it’ll take a lot of grinding/bot killing. 

Any advice is helpful!! Thank you!

Edited by Slipknot_Fan007
  • Like 1

Have fun. You will be clocking in around 50 hours worth of grinding. There is one support gadget where you need to have a player to get ammo a until it is maxed out. Others, you will need to have a a bit of patience of getting done. It is going more of a grind trophy wise if you have the DLC, and Intercept is a dead DLC, so you will need to make a game session for it

I only just started myself but have past Killzone experience. I started with the story to familiarize myself with the controls and gameplay since it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I last played a Killzone game. But now on with the MP. I say, put all your focus on the 'Jack Of All Trades' trophy. By focusing on that, the other mp trophies will come naturally as you need to play each class and max out their abilities. The challenges and accolades will come naturally too but to throw in some fun, just pick up some weapons off the ground and the challenge related to that weapon will display on the top right corner on the screen starting out with get 10 kills with this weapon and so on which will help you work towards completing challenges much faster.

Honestly, the grind isn't so bad. It's actually quite fun even with bots on the easiest difficulty as they can also kill you quite easily from time to time. Have fun and just rush the opposing team. But make sure you get the 250 Supply Drops challenge out of the way first! Try make that a priority as that's the only one that requires you to do with a real player. All other challenges related to the 'Jack Of All Trades' trophy can be done with bots.

GOOD LUCK! :D 

Edited by ShahinMiah
  • Like 2

Are you looking to 100% it or just the base game?

One of the dlc trophies is for a getting,  I think 25 online collectibles. These are black and yellow boxes that have a glow to them and can spawn all over the maps and there is only one per match. Unless it was patched, they don't appear in botzone. So keep that in mind when the grind gets monotonous and you want to play an actual match. Also the coop is dead and has some trophies for 100% as well. Need to finish that myself but it is frustrating trying to solo the coop mode, to me at least.

I have actually been hoping for a server shutdown announcement, sad as that may be, to light a fire under my butt and get it done.

Edited by da-Noob123

I appreciate all the responses! I do not have any of the DLC, nor do I plan to try for the 100% either so that will save some hassle and time. I already have too many games not at 100% to try to do that now lol. I'll make sure to go after the one which requires two real players first then start the grind with the bots. Thank you all!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2021 at 10:24 PM, GraniteSnake said:

You should use the method in this thread for 99% of your grinding:

Included in that thread is a method for grinding cloak kills, use that also.

You’ll need someone to boost the supply drops ability with, only takes about 5-10 minutes. I’d also highly recommend finding someone to boost the ‘hacking’ ability with(if you are doing the DLC), it’s a lot quicker and much less hassle than trying to do it against bots.

For some weapon attachments you need to destroy turrets if I remember correctly. The bots won’t drop turrets using the above method, you need to change the game mode from Beacon Theft to Capture & Hold. The bots will drop turrets when they start capturing the zones.

Leave the revive drone ability until last. Make sure and reach 1,000,000 total points before grinding this ability. The fastest way is to continuously kill/revive one of your friendly bots in your spawn. You’ll lose points for killing them which is why it’s a good idea to leave this off until after you get a total of 1 million points in multiplayer.

For intercept co-op I’d recommend finding 3 other players and grinding the 1500 points games. Stick to one map (one of them is quite easy I can’t remember it’s name though) and you’ll blast through each game in around 8 minutes.

For online collectibles, get someone to host you the ‘pistols only’ server and find the collectibles in the ‘Penthouse’ map. Use this gallery to search for the collectibles > here

Thats everything I can think of right now. I’ll edit my post if I can think of anything else but this is all of the information anyone should need when it comes to this game. As with most multiplayer grinds it’s just a matter of starting it and you’ll be surprised by how quickly it goes by. I had less than 25 hours of multiplayer playtime by the time I finished everything so it really isn’t much of a grind at all.

Great bit of info here. ?

Quick question re trophies that require players other than bots, because i've read some conflicting info, so far I gather there are only two - Jack Of All Trades needs a minimum of one other player for 250 Supply Boxes, and the other being Finders Keepers for the 25 collectables.

The one i'm not sure about is Necromancer (revive 50 team-mates in co-op), because of this post. Can that be done with bots?

Edited by BluesFanUK

36 minutes ago, BluesFanUK said:

The one i'm not sure about is Necromancer (revive 50 team-mates in co-op), because of this post. Can that be done with bots?

In coop mode (DLC pack 2) , you can't play with bots on your side, so not possible to do Necromancer without an other human player ;) 

And i think it can be very hard to win coop games by being alone ... :( 

4 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

In coop mode (DLC pack 2) , you can't play with bots on your side, so not possible to do Necromancer without an other human player ;) 

And i think it can be very hard to win coop games by being alone ... :( 

Ah right, cheers. Presume it can it be done with a second controller? Or is it online co-op only? Daunting task starting from scratch on these trophies. ?