Servers - official word from official channels

cris3f

"Geometry Wars - These titles are now unsupported - apologies for any inconvenience"

So if there's issues with trophies not popping if there's no leaderboard connection, this can lead to problems. PS4 and Vita will probably join PS3 soon, with leaderboards disconnected.

This is just typical of publishers these days, wait until weeks after the servers go down, then say they have been switched off. The PS4 version will go first since they're the most unstable and unreliable (plus the playerbase is much smaller) but I feel the Vita servers will be up a while longer since there are no real problems there.

11 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

So are the lists as they sit now all unobtainable?

Read my other thread. I did 2 times the Retro trophy on the PS4 while I had no connection, trophy did not pop. "Beat Phil" did pop while I had no server connection, so probably these beat ones will. I'll know for sure with the PS3 version, since on that one no servers.

Connection to servers (which is just leaderboards) has been very spotty in the PS4 version. Somedays they work, somedays they don't. 

9 minutes ago, cris3f said:

Read my other thread. I did 2 times the Retro trophy on the PS4 while I had no connection, trophy did not pop. "Beat Phil" did pop while I had no server connection, so probably these beat ones will. I'll know for sure with the PS3 version, since on that one no servers.

Connection to servers (which is just leaderboards) has been very spotty in the PS4 version. Somedays they work, somedays they don't. 

I seen the other post and while it confirms online connectivity for trophies. I'm more asking if the servers/leaderboards are down for good?

Your title suggests an official statement on wether the servers are down or up for good. Getting a statement such as them being "unsupported" can just mean they essentially decided to leave them as is until they eventually die.

12 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I seen the other post and while it confirms online connectivity for trophies. I'm more asking if the servers/leaderboards are down for good?

Your title suggests an official statement on wether the servers are down or up for good. Getting a statement such as them being "unsupported" can just mean they essentially decided to leave them as is until they eventually die.

The PS3 servers are toast and have been since last Autumn and the PS4 servers are broken as hell so likely aren't long for this world but the Vita servers appear to be stable if the recent earners are anything to go by.

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The official answer is obvious. They don't give a damn about these. If they're working it's a miracle, or perhaps they forgot about them. All Activision game servers are handled through the same IP.

You'll never get a definitive answer like you asked from a corporation like Activision (or Sony, or EA, or Ubisoft for that matter). They don't answer anything in definitive or clear terms. Plausible deniability...

And I can't detail more either... Plausible deniability too ?

Edited by cris3f

2 hours ago, cris3f said:

"Geometry Wars - These titles are now unsupported - apologies for any inconvenience"

So if there's issues with trophies not popping if there's no leaderboard connection, this can lead to problems. PS4 and Vita will probably join PS3 soon, with leaderboards disconnected.

Can you link the source? I'm curious to read it. 

I'm going to get on this asap before it ends up like the rest of the games that just go down with no notice

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 version has been unobtainable since last Autumn but the PS4 and Vita versions are still obtainable, though the PS4 servers are hot garbage that don't work properly.

Thanks for the reply, you know where I can find more info about this? Or if it isn't too much trouble, could you answer a question? 

I was going by the guide, which doesn't highlight that there are online trophies, and now I find out not only that there are online trophies, but that the servers got aids and are about to die. 

According to earlier comments some are online, some aren't, which is which? 

49 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Thanks for the reply, you know where I can find more info about this? Or if it isn't too much trouble, could you answer a question? 

I was going by the guide, which doesn't highlight that there are online trophies, and now I find out not only that there are online trophies, but that the servers got aids and are about to die. 

According to earlier comments some are online, some aren't, which is which? 

There is only 1 online trophy in this game (AFAIK) and that's Retro, everything else can be done offline :). Also, use this Guide if you're having trouble with your current one: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/geometry-wars-3-ps3/guide/. It's for the PS3 version but the list is identical for all 3 of them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

The leaderboard thing is nonsense, they never even worked for me on PS3 when I redid it on my current account. Retro isn't an online trophy.

Leaderboards are also still up on PS4 version, nothing has changed with the game at all. 

Edited by Gage

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There is only 1 online trophy in this game (AFAIK) and that's Retro, everything else can be done offline :). Also, use this Guide if you're having trouble with your current one: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/geometry-wars-3-ps3/guide/. It's for the PS3 version but the list is identical for all 3 of them.

OK man, thanks a lot.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If that's the case, then why do the PSNP leaderboards show no earners since last September 1f914.png.

Likely because there's hardly anyone playing it, therefore less people going for it. Even the Recent Players section for the PS3 version goes as far back as four months ago and out of those players, most of them don't have that specific trophy and the ones who do have it got it as far back as a couple years ago.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If that's the case, then why do the PSNP leaderboards show no earners since last September 1f914.png.

I did the vita version completely offline without signing in to anything or being connected unless syncing trophies. I'm working on the PS4 version so I'll have to test it out when I'm back home. 

Edited by MickeyMixLipa
  • Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 servers are toast and have been since last Autumn and the PS4 servers are broken as hell so likely aren't long for this world but the Vita servers appear to be stable if the recent earners are anything to go by.

Actually the PS3 servers are gone since March 2019.

• Like 2