Can you boost the Online trophies with Ad hoc?

5 minutes ago, Rinku_Starth said:

I thought about this after I was able to get some online trophies with Ad hoc in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom. 

Does Ad hoc count for Online trophies? 

Unfortunately no. Ad hoc will not give those trophies. Looking at last earners, online was achieve last in 2019. Sorry :( 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Soooo. Here is the thing. Sony Shut down servers back around Sept 2018/2019 but there maybe still a way to do it. You can use xlink kai. 

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

It can be used to access servers that are dead. Hopefully this helps and you have friends that can help you boost once you set up a server. Best of luck you.

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/Supported_Games

For Inquiring minds that want to see what games xlink kai supports

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 5:04 PM, rin1984 said:

Soooo. Here is the thing. Sony Shut down servers back around Sept 2018/2019 but there maybe still a way to do it. You can use xlink kai. 

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

Wow, that´s really intersting. Definitly will check it out.

However, my concern would be: how does the PSNProfiles comunity feels about this? I´ve seen other cases where games with locked trophies due to dead servers are unlocked by random hackers in lobbys, and if you happened to be one of those unlucky players, you would be forced to hide your trophy list on PSNP.

So, my question is. Is this the same as those cases? Is using third party tools to unlocked online trophies cheating?. The issue with dead serves locking trophies is that you get taken away a part of a product you paid for. I know its in every ToS, but the problem remains. Is the community at fault for trying to get back what was offered in the first place? Should this be punishable since locked online trophies are unobtainable, hence, not valid anymore?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rinku_Starth said:

Wow, that´s really intersting. Definitly will check it out.

However, my concern would be: how does the PSNProfiles comunity feels about this? I´ve seen other cases where games with locked trophies due to dead servers are unlocked by random hackers in lobbys, and if you happened to be one of those unlucky players, you would be forced to hide your trophy list on PSNP.

So, my question is. Is this the same as those cases? Is using third party tools to unlocked online trophies cheating?. The issue with dead serves locking trophies is that you get taken away a part of a product you paid for. I know its in every ToS, but the problem remains. Is the community at fault for trying to get back what was offered in the first place? Should this be punishable since locked online trophies are unobtainable, hence, not valid anymore?

Firstly, xlink seems to be a program that tricks the game into LAN modes. This will mean that you can indeed play online with others, but the matchmaking will be ad-hoc or lan and not online. If it was that easy people would already have earned the trophy :P

Secondly, PSNP staff already have a statement on what is allowed and what not. If, somehow, somebody made an application that let people connect to each other, it needs to be open source so that it can be checked and it needs to be in an external matter (so not something you install on a PS3, aka homebrew. The most famous example of servers coming back by the community is gonespy.

I furthermore agree with that notion.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Bumperklever said:

Firstly, xlink seems to be a program that tricks the game into LAN modes. This will mean that you can indeed play online with others, but the matchmaking will be ad-hoc or lan and not online. If it was that easy people would already have earned the trophy :P

Secondly, PSNP staff already have a statement on what is allowed and what not. If, somehow, somebody made an application that let people connect to each other, it needs to be open source so that it can be checked and it needs to be in an external matter (so not something you install on a PS3, aka homebrew. The most famous example of servers coming back by the community is gonespy.

I furthermore agree with that notion.

Can you then explain why there were 5 people who recently earned the online trophies? Just asking. Not trying to be a jerk.

• Like 1

I went and sent messages to all the more recent achievers of some of the online trophies asking them how they got it and actually got an answer by one. He said the following: 

„Hey […] I got them through hamachi severs and ip spoofing with a friend you can do it for the tekken trophies too“

Unfortunately I personally don‘t know anything about said technologies but maybe some of you know more about these things. Is this indeed a possibility and could someone give me a quick rundown of how this would work (can it be done on vita?) and, most importantly, would any of this violate the rules here on psnp?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Koro249

36 minutes ago, Koro249 said:

Hey […] I got them through hamachi severs and ip spoofing with a friend you can do it for the tekken trophies too“

Unfortunately I personally don‘t know anything about said technologies but maybe some of you know more about these things. Is this indeed a possibility and could someone give me a quick rundown of how this would work (can it be done on vita?) and, most importantly, would any of this violate the rules here on psnp?

I can’t find any evidence Hamachi works for this game. If you can find some documentation that says otherwise, please post here. If someone has got a server working for this game, the documentation and code would need to be reviewed by the Cheater Removers and meet the requirements of being open source among other things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koro249 said:

„Hey […] I got them through hamachi severs and ip spoofing with a friend you can do it for the tekken trophies too“

I used hamachi back in the minecraft days, you don't have to rent a server then so it was pretty cheap. It was a very long time ago though. But this program creates a Lan environment as well so it's kind of similar to xlink. 

But plain hamachi, cq creating a LAN environment /server is not the same as a server were games themselves connect to. And that is the doubt I have with this method. But I would love to have it wrong. 

If the guy states that he done it via hamachi, then he should be able to do a full rundown of what he did so that people can replicate it.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I used hamachi back in the minecraft days, you don't have to rent a server then so it was pretty cheap. It was a very long time ago though. But this program creates a Lan environment as well so it's kind of similar to xlink. 

But plain hamachi, cq creating a LAN environment /server is not the same as a server were games themselves connect to. And that is the doubt I have with this method. But I would love to have it wrong. 

If the guy states that he done it via hamachi, then he should be able to do a full rundown of what he did so that people can replicate it.

I asked him for more info, but still awaiting a response. Probably not gonna get one…

So the latest achiever for online trophies got them on June 28th - 29th. They recently platted the game. I would rule out cross-save since they got the trophies 4 days apart. They are also the number one player in Bahrain, and they´re sitting in top 800 in the world. I would like to think they wont be risking getting banned with those stats. So... there is a way to get online trophies legitimately?

Edited by Rinku_Starth
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rinku_Starth said:

So the latest achiever for online trophies got them on June 28th - 29th. They recently platted the game. I would rule out cross-save since they got the trophies 4 days apart. They are also the number one player in Bahrain, and they´re sitting in top 800 in the world. I would like to think they wont be risking getting banned with those stats. So... there is a way to get online trophies legitimately?

Nope, that person is a hacker and used illicit methods to gain those trophies so report them. There is no way to legitimately earn the online trophies any more so all you can do is chalk this game up as a loss and move on.

23 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope, that person is a hacker and used illicit methods to gain those trophies so report them. There is no way to legitimately earn the online trophies any more so all you can do is chalk this game up as a loss and move on.

23 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Nothing that doesn’t violate the leaderboard rules. 

Bummer. I hope somebody can shed a light on this matter someday.