Play At Home Returns Starting March 1st

VakaVG

Play At Home returns: Four months of offers for PlayStation games and entertainment begin March 1: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/play-at-home-returns-four-months-of-offers-for-playstation-games-and-entertainment-begin-march-1/#sf243317373

Starting March 1, 2021

PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST. Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.

Starting March 25, 2021

Our friends at Funimation (a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Aniplex of Japan) are kicking in a very special offer: extended access for new subscribers to Funimation or Wakanim in the countries they are available **. Funimation is an anime-focused subscription service and Wakanim is  Funimation’s European division. While there will be additional details to follow, this offer is only available to our community who sign up for and download the Funimation (in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand) or Wakanim apps (in most of Western and Northern Europe) starting on March 25 for a limited time. 

What we outlined today is just the beginning of what’s in store for Play At Home. In the coming weeks, we’ll share more details on free games and entertainment offers dropping for our PlayStation community. 

Edited by VakaVG
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Most of their loyal fanbase will already have Ratchet and Clank from when it was free on PS+ but I suppose it's a good game for everyone else.

You're right: https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17062562/playstation-plus-march-2018-free-games-ps4-ps3-vita-bloodborne-ratchet-and-clank

I also have it physically. A lot of new Playstation gamers have been and will be brought in through PS5 so this will give them some free exposure to the PS4 game before the launch of Rift Apart.

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

You're right: https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17062562/playstation-plus-march-2018-free-games-ps4-ps3-vita-bloodborne-ratchet-and-clank

I also have it physically. A lot of new Playstation gamers have been and will be brought in through PS5 so this will give them some free exposure to the PS4 game before the launch of Rift Apart.

I believe its also a PS Collection game. So PS5 owners can easily access it that way.

Biggest benefit to this though, is there's no need to maintain a PS+ sub to play it. Unlike the previous two PS+ offerings

1 minute ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

What exactly do they mean for funimation? Like isn't that free already or are they giving the paid version for free? Confused to what they're saying/offering on it.

Basically extending the length of the free trial of Funimation premium (paid version) from 14 days to like 3 months

Interesting; it was disappointing how quickly they did away with it last year. All that gusto with the free game to get people through quarantine, and then nothing. Wonder why they're kicking it up again?

Funimation will be nice though, been thinking of getting an anime service subscription since I'm gonna be watching a fair bit of anime with my crush of the moment.