Am I The Only One?

On 3/4/2021 at 6:11 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Oh boy, you're gonna hate Spyro 3 then. Honestly, I loved Spyro 2 (besides the boss fight), but the water levels and some orb challenges did suck, especially when Hunter has an orb but won't just give it over. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:33 AM, WishingLemon said:

Can't say I had issues but boy, you're going to have fun if you play the third game.

I found the 3rd game to be sooooooooooo much easier and the fact that I was able to pretty much just breeze through the final world without having to do anything other than rush to each stage's end to progress the game made it even simpler. The twin dragons were really the only thing in Spyro 3 that truly frustrated me but nowhere near as bad as that Gulp bullshit from Spyro 2 and the horrible design choice and programming of that entire last boss fight from Spyro. So glad to be done with this series.

On 4.03.2021 at 10:09 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

I know I bitch a lot and I don't have the best temperament. I know I'm definitely not the best gamer or even remotely close to those that are. But am I the only one who's found this game to be quite infuriating at times with some of these green orb challenges? Most have been simplistic but there are some that have made me come close to raging my controller through the television. I don't mind a mini game challenge here and there but not when a game's just overstuffed with the shit! 

All this damn game is one mini game after another. This game is clearly not for me but it's too late to turn back now as I've already earned several trophies thus far so leaving it incomplete on my list is not an option for me. But, yeah, I'm just curious if I'm the only one who's found this game to not only be way more tedious than its predecessor but a hell of a lot more annoying as well?

I actually found the game to be super easy. One of the easiest platformers, I've ever played. Nonetheless, I'm a big fan of Spyro 1 and Spyro 2 and 3 aren't really all that great IMO, because of backtracking and minigames

On 04/03/2021 at 9:09 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

I know I bitch a lot and I don't have the best temperament. I know I'm definitely not the best gamer or even remotely close to those that are. But am I the only one who's found this game to be quite infuriating at times with some of these green orb challenges? Most have been simplistic but there are some that have made me come close to raging my controller through the television. I don't mind a mini game challenge here and there but not when a game's just overstuffed with the shit! 

All this damn game is one mini game after another. This game is clearly not for me but it's too late to turn back now as I've already earned several trophies thus far so leaving it incomplete on my list is not an option for me. But, yeah, I'm just curious if I'm the only one who's found this game to not only be way more tedious than its predecessor but a hell of a lot more annoying as well?

Lmao this reminds me of when I raged at the Sly series for the minigames and then platinumed them all anyway; well done to you for getting them all done. I did find some of the challenges in 2 requiring a few tries but I also can't really remember much about that game at all so it couldn't have been all bad. I remember more of 1 than anything but I played 3 as a child over and over, never 100%d it so doing it for the first time was nice. All the flying levels are harder than the average level of any game. Trying to do them on the Switch was horrible; I should just play the game normally seeing as how I've 100% it already but I can't. I think there's a part in Spyro 2 where you have to run up some stairs real quick and then run to the end of another level without getting hit, with some annoying enemies spraying paint everywhere. I remember the cart section being annoying. 

We all find different stuff hard man, no need to worry. I did the World at War turret section 2nd try but I hear it took others about 5 hours. But then I remember countless times falling off in Spyro 1's Treetops level. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I've only platinumed this one and the first one and, while no cakewalk, this is definitely easier than the first. The platforming is far less random and awkward, as in if I missed a ledge i knew it was my fault, and I didn't mind the mini games either. Also, the speedways (which were pretty frustrating in the first game) are waaaay easier this time round mainly because, again, they've improved the mechanics - you can actually fly near water without diving head first into it now...

I generally agree with the OP that I don't think the Spyro remastered trilogy so far is as easy as some say and I suspect the people who think it is are those who played the original.

The only trophy that really annoyed in Ripto's Rage was the one for beating Gulp without consuming fodder. It takes forever for the birds to drop ammo and if you get hit more than once you might as well start again because they'll only drop fodder and Gulp will just consume it, healing faster than you can damage him. Ironically, it was when I stopped trying to go for the trophy  - with the idea that I'd come back later for super flame - that I ended up getting it naturally; no super flame needed lol.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:29 AM, sk_lp_him said:

No, you're not the only one. I found a lot of the mini games annoying and frustrating, the worst of which was the kill all spiders while flying mini game. There are some shit moments in 3 too like the skateboard. That cheetah or whatever animal is Hunter is my most hated character, even more hated than the microtransaction bear Moneybags. I don't know why the so called children's games are much harder than any adult game.

The flying one where you kill the green spider things in that ice level was annoying. I did it yesterday but I think it only look me like 5 tries and about 7 minutes. I really don't think it's that hard if you just keep practicing! My trick was to let them all respawn after every failed attempt because if you don't then they might respawn in the middle of your next run behind you... My main trouble was not being able to invert the up and down flying controls. This game is great and you don't need 100% to enjoy it so you can just skip a few of the green orbs :) I mainly play it to see Elora in HD!

Edit: At least there are no time trial trophies like in the Crash remakes.

Edited by FrostyMcNugs

1 hour ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

I didn't say you did not need 100% to get the platinum. I said you don't need 100% to enjoy the game.

Fair enough but given that the OP said it's not for them but needed to do it so it's not incomplete on their list I'm not sure mentioning that you don't need to 100% to enjoy it is relevant. ?

57 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Fair enough but given that the OP said it's not for them but needed to do it so it's not incomplete on their list I'm not sure mentioning that you don't need to 100% to enjoy it is relevant. 1f642.png

Enjoyment of a game is subjective; however, I believe that it should not come from completion percentage, as ironic as that sounds on a trophy hunting website. Simply hide the game and move on. There is no reason to play a game that you do not enjoy for your percentage or completion rate to go up.

Edited by FrostyMcNugs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

Enjoyment of a game is subjective; however, I believe that it should not come from completion percentage, as ironic as that sounds on a trophy hunting website. Simply hide the game and move on. There is no reason to play a game that you do not enjoy for your percentage or completion rate to go up.

I actually 100% agree with you but that's blasphemy on this site lol

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

• 4 months later...

Moved onto this one after finishing the first. Debated if I should just delete the rest of the games after finishing the first one but continued on as I want to clear my backlog without wasting money. The back on fourth in this game due to a new upgrade skill system makes it a chore to go through. And once again I am stuck on one of those collectibles races. Think its called Ocean Speedway or something. 

I think the main problem for older gamers is this game has no connection for adult gamers. It really was made for a very young audience in terms of the story. There's no whit, no banter, just some sort of Saturday morning cartoon for kids type thing. I really wish I had looked more into that than the actual gameplay as its so embarrassing having this game lol. I thought it may have been a sort of Viva Pinata type series in that its cutesy and all, but as depth and appeal for all ages. Nope this is strictly for kids. Or older gamers who see a trilogy at a bargain price but then looks like arseholes for having these games.  

spyro is misleading. as a kids game when they launched many of the kids actually had to leave school before finishing them they were a right mad one. I went through all 3 not long ago back 2 back. 2 was the easier one for sure.. since you didn't need to get every gem, all the difficult things took only a couple of tries, spyro 3 on the other hand was a pain in the ass.. but again just a bit of practice and it was fine.

if you have spent a long time challenging yourself with a broad scope of difficult games. Spyro is a cakewalk, the hardest parts maybe only take 2 attempts.. but if you haven't pushed yourself in multiple genres then it will take some discipline.. and the flight levels is just a case of using a guide to find the most direct route and copying it to mastery. 

Well the problem I had with this game is the exact same problem with the first game. Its like its not in 3d when flying. So it feels 2d in a forwards motion and so you cannot get a depth perception on it correctly, but thats most likely just me. I been attempting that green bug trophy where you have to do them without hitting anything. I couldn't even tell how far away I was and when firing in front I hit nothing most times. Its also the camera issue which is one of the worst when applying speed etc. 

I will do it eventually but I doubt I will play the 3rd. Two mediocre games after each other can be bad for gaming. I dunno yet. But I can't play it anymore today. Wasted almost an entire half day on that flying bug thing trophy alone. 

Personally I think they get progressively worse and easier as they progress through the sequels, then again I also 100% Spyro 1 back in the day when there were no tools to help you find missing items or figure out how to do tricky jumps online. That and the flying parts were a nightmare. So I kind of had a lot of it memorized and didn't even realize there was a help tool now. 2 is ok but you can see it falling apart and the weird new characters, but gameplay and story are fine without too much extra baggage. 3 is practically all baggage which is probably why they didn't even bother for people to 100% to complete it which feels like a good sign they phoned it in

Edited by Willreaper41

Well I eventually got to the last boss. The first few attempts I was getting wasted on the second stage as the fairy things or whatever is dropping the orbs only dropped them at the bosses feet. 

Looking back through the rest of the stages including the flying games I do agree that it is much easier than the first game. But it got to the point where I was so sick of the RNG drop rates on the final boss that I ended up smashing a 3rd party pad. The original pad ran out of juice so had it charged and was gonna call it a day, but being so close I thought its best to get it over and done with. But never have I broken a joypad in my life that I can recall. Been a crazy week though and been blowing up at all the wrong stuff and each time its cost me. Gonna try and chill out and go back on it another day. Certainly not a game worthy of wrecking a joypad over, but then again no game should be and once again I went into bitch mode. 

I did collect all orbs and gems though, which sucks because I take it after this final boss is when you can unlock the super flame.... with nothing to use it on. You can tell its an old school game, they did this shit all the time back then.