Do trophies autopop?

ShotgunSquirrel

1 minute ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Just curious if trophies pop from a PS4 save? I'd like to go through it again but shudder at the thought of beating the bosses shell-less again. 

Especially the worst of the bosses in the Shell-less run....

Those damned frogs!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

According to a comment on reddit there is no save transfer, thus most definitely no auto pop. Pretty unfortunate but the games pretty damn short anyway, especially if they didn't patch out the no shell exploits. 

What exploits?

I had trouble with the final boss because it’s a very long fight, so more chances to get a random hit 

the trophies I’m dreading are the money, and all items trophies 

No auto-pop. I just got the platinum in the PS5 version again. It's pretty fast if you know what you're doing. The game said it took me around eight hours to do both runs.

If you've already played the game before, I'd suggest doing the Obsidian run first and then using NG+ for your normal run (which you don't even have to fully finish). This gives your normal run a head start so you don't have to grind the 50,000 for Vlas for so long.

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, YokA_sun said:

I don't think the exploit works anymore because PS5 only recognizes save as one file instead of separate files. I wish I knew that before I started. I was going for a quick plat now I have to do it legitimately. 

Lol me too. Don’t think I want to put myself through that any time soon but I should get around to the plat one of these days 

• 9 months later...
On 12/3/2021 at 2:54 PM, YokA_sun said:

I don't think the exploit works anymore because PS5 only recognizes save as one file instead of separate files. I wish I knew that before I started. I was going for a quick plat now I have to do it legitimately. 

It can be done in one playthrough though,

1- Kill the bosses in speedrun mode without shell (without obsidian form) until you reach the final boss

2- Make a save and upload it to the cloud

3- Get the obsidian form

4- Kill the final boss

5- Load the save, get all the shells and then you go for all the collectibles and miscellaneous trophies

It's only a bit harder since you have to fight 5 bosses instead of 1 boss without a shell, but it's not a dealbreaker.

• Like 1