Save data lost despite having PS Plus

Storfl_92

Hello there.

Like the Title says, i have lost all my recent save data. I am subscribed to PS Plus and i have activated  "save data automatic upload"

Now my problem. The saved data is from the 3rd of Feb. 1 and a half months old.  How often does the automatic upload work? do i have to manually upload to the cloud now and then?

Thank for your help

You can manually upload/download save data to your Plus account if you want to create backups outside of the automated periods. Doesn’t help recover what you’ve lost, but if you never let your PS4 rest it’s an option moving forwards (although I’d question if never sending it to rest mode is healthy for the system...?)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

You can manually upload/download save data to your Plus account if you want to create backups outside of the automated periods. Doesn’t help recover what you’ve lost, but if you never let your PS4 rest it’s an option moving forwards

(although I’d question if never sending it to rest mode is healthy for the system...?)

Whats the purpos of rest mode? I never use it. When i play i switch it on and when im done i shut down the system.

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

From my experience:

• On PS4, the upload happens as soon as you enter Rest mode.
  • On PS5, the upload happens as soon as you close the app.

For me personally it's random on PS5, it either uploads to the cloud every few days or in some cases weeks so it's not very reliable, you should always do it manually for the games you really care about and put a lot of time into.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

For me personally it's random on PS5, it either uploads to the cloud every few days or in some cases weeks so it's not very reliable, you should always do it manually for the games you really care about and put a lot of time into.

Yeah, the PS5 does seem a bit all over the place with uploads, my 4 was always clockwork reliable.

Do note though, on the 5 if you do a manual upload of a save to the Cloud, that game save will then no longer automatically upload in the future. Performing a manual upload turns off the auto backup for that game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Storfl_92 said:

Whats the purpos of rest mode?

Adding to @DaivRules list:

Quick resume/not having to close a game if you're in the middle of a big boss battle or something (this has saved me many times)

Starting a game download to your console from the app while you're still at work - new game ready-to-go as soon as you get home.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Yeah, the PS5 does seem a bit all over the place with uploads, my 4 was always clockwork reliable.

Do note though, on the 5 if you do a manual upload of a save to the Cloud, that game save will then no longer automatically upload in the future. Performing a manual upload turns off the auto backup for that game.

Oh really? I didn't know that thanks.