A lot of Trophies not popping.

Sikutai

Hi, a lot of the easier trophies for which I already met the requirements don't pop up, for example a certain number of trains in use, 20 farms connected, 10 cities connected, unlock all locomotives from an era  and so on. What am I doing wrong? I play the campaign with the preset options and in chapter 1 the trophies popped up as normal, but from chapter 2 on they stopped.

Thank you.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

Wazzup.

Well, yeah, that is weird. I played a lot and had not encountered any problems with trophies. 

So the first steps would be to delete the savefile (better save than sorry), reinstall, make sure your have the latest patch, etc. 

there used to be some glitched trophies (mainly the President rating ones) but as far as i remember that got patched...

One thing i can say is that i played offline for most part, so, maybe that may be the problem? but from  what you told, if the trophies were a OK in the beginning, than, it sounds like some kind of screwed up savefile?

so, yeah, try setting up the game again, reinstall, play offline, and try to get 10 cites connected or 20 locomotives.. you should get those pretty fast.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

so, yeah, try setting up the game again, reinstall, play offline, and try to get 10 cites connected or 20 locomotives.. you should get those pretty fast.

Thanks for your answer. Could it have something to do with the difficulty level? The preset option is "normal", because the trains run through each other. Maybe I have to use the "complex" option, because you always have to build sidings. Could it be because of that? But the default option is just normal.

44 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Could it have something to do with the difficulty level? The preset option is "normal", because the trains run through each other. Maybe I have to use the "complex" option, because you always have to build sidings. Could it be because of that?

It shouldn´t be related with difficulty settings. You are the first one I see to report this kind of issue, weird stuff... Is it digital or disc version ?

I got yet another advice: If you just want to unlock the easy trophies quick, you could just load a sandbox game with unlimited resources and just start building, it´s easy and quick to test if it will work.

Otherwise, yes I would try to reinstall the game and start from scratch, you barely played it, you won´t lose much. The default settings shouldn´t cause any issues but as I recall the very first mission is basicaly a tutorial about signalling so you are not expected to have trains running through each other anyways, at least the way it was originaly intended.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

Thanks for your answer. Could it have something to do with the difficulty level? The preset option is "normal", because the trains run through each other. Maybe I have to use the "complex" option, because you always have to build sidings. Could it be because of that? But the default option is just normal.

dont think so, i used the "normal" option with only one railway throughout every different level, not the complex option, and had no problems there.. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, eduardohrks said:

I got yet another advice: If you just want to unlock the easy trophies quick, you could just load a sandbox game with unlimited resources and just start building, it´s easy and quick to test if it will work.

I tried this already too, no trophies. Okay, if its not the difficulty related I'll use your advice and delete and reinstall everything. Thank you.

I play the Digital Version on my PS 5. 

Edited by Sikutai

3 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I tried this already too, no trophies. Okay, if its not the difficulty related I'll use your advice and delete and reinstall everything. Thank you.

I play the Digital Version on my PS 5. 

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That is likely your problem, because some PS4 games don't like the PS5 very much but this is the first time I've heard of compatibility issues preventing trophies from popping 1f914.png.

seems that way. cant verify it (no PS5), and did not found anything on the internet, but to be fair, i did not search too long..  

there were some problems with trophies registering very late, and the PS4 to PS5 is less a feature and more of a accident. 

hope you find some kind of workaround/reinstalling works out..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

Hi, i have now switched to my Playstation 4 Pro and all trophies popped like they should. Probably it was really because of that. I'll play it there, which I think is a shame because my PS 4 Pro is louder than a Locomotive from 1850. Thanks for your answers, have fun.

Believe it or not but the reason I never got into Railway Empire, though it's very much up my alley, is because my PS4 Pro would go crazy every time I played it :D I already have a list of games I will only play once I get PS5 ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Hi, i have now switched to my Playstation 4 Pro and all trophies popped like they should. Probably it was really because of that. I'll play it there, which I think is a shame because my PS 4 Pro is louder than a Locomotive from 1850. Thanks for your answers, have fun.

glad it worked out (kinda).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, det_gittes said:

, is because my PS4 Pro would go crazy every time I played it :D I already have a list of games I will only play once I get PS5 1f602.png

I feel you, I have also moved a lot of games to Playstation 5 for the same reason. It's a shame that it doesn't work with this one.

2 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

glad it worked out (kinda).

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 21/03/2021 at 3:02 PM, Sikutai said:

Confirmed,  same here. 

Ps4 Pro pops fine, PS5, nothing after Chapter 1. 

It's a nause but at least it's doable. 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2021 at 3:02 PM, Sikutai said:

Confirmed,  same here. 

- Edit - Bookworm won't pop on PS4 or PS5, anyone got a fix, this is so annoying. 

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with the Langstrump Trophy from the Northern Europe DLC.

In a free game have all 31 Cities connected to my network and every City is at least level 3. That means every city has at least 40.000 citizens. 

With that I should be way over 1 Million but the trophy just doesn't pop.

Anyone had a similar problem?

On 26/05/2021 at 1:35 PM, Nuglord5000 said:

Confirmed,  same here. 

- Edit - Bookworm won't pop on PS4 or PS5, anyone got a fix, this is so annoying. 

This trophy is missable, it won´t unlock by just finishing the Scenario, refer to a trophy guide for details on how to unlock it, hopefully you are just missing something or placed the wrong building by mistake.

On 20/07/2021 at 4:59 PM, Couga83 said:

I have a problem with the Langstrump Trophy from the Northern Europe DLC.

In a free game have all 31 Cities connected to my network and every City is at least level 3. That means every city has at least 40.000 citizens. 

With that I should be way over 1 Million but the trophy just doesn't pop.

Anyone had a similar problem?

You get another shot at Langstrump by the end of the Scenario of this DLC, you can check the roadmap for details on how I unlocked it on a guide I wrote for this back when it was released.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Are base game trophies not working as well?

Trying to unlock Train or Die in both scenario mode and freeplay mode and it doesnt work.

Edit: the trophies are not bugged per say but have unclear restrictions, for the 1870 trains trophy it only works on the Northern Pass scenario, the other 1870 scenario Vulture didnt unlock the trophy for me. Be careful about buying out competitors too, the research gained when you buy over 50% of a competitor may unlock some trains and trains unlocked that way will prevent the trophy from working.

Edited by Montyzu

• 1 year later...