How is it now?

Violino

It was one of the worst decisions of my gaming life buying this full price at launch (for the base PS4 no less!). Played 2 hours, put it away in the cupboard, never went back.

Not read anything in the press that would suggest it's been fixed to a decent level yet.

The whole experience made me question whether to get Resi Village on PS4 or wait potentially months to get it on PS5 (you simply can't buy a PS5 in the UK unless you go through overpriced scalpers). In the end I decided that Capcom won't pull a CDprojectRed...

It really depends, as I'm playing it on PS5 i rarely have any problems now, even tho on 1.20 and forward the problems my have decreased on the PS5, its still unstable on my PS4 Pro and my PS4 slim, i haven't tested the 1.22 on both old gen as I'm testing it now on my PS5 but so far so good but this is my opinion so, one person opinion doesn't equal one thousands

On 3/24/2021 at 3:11 AM, steel6burgh said:

I absolutely dread the dlc for this game and having to pick it up again to get 100% back.  Aside from the buggy mess and graphical disaster it was the game wasn't really that good anyway.

You could always... not play it if you don't enjoy it. Gaming is something meant to be enjoyed first and foremost, why put yourself through something you don't enjoy?

3 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

You could always... not play it if you don't enjoy it. Gaming is something meant to be enjoyed first and foremost, why put yourself through something you don't enjoy?

thanks you for your permission not to play it.  Every time somebody on this forum says they don't like something you have some really smart guy come along and say exactly what you said so you're that guy.  Maybe because i'm a completionist and that is what i do finish games instead of half ass leaving them all incomplete every time i don't like something.  I'd say thats the reason and if you took two minutes to review an account before you put forth your really smart and unique advice you'd see that.  but thank you it was such great input nobody ever would have though to not play something they didn't like.   I mean it even says the reason in my comment, "to get the 100% back."  Wow!  play attention the answer is in the details.

• Like 1

Managed to nab a copy for about $21, and I'm not planning on installing it until a proper PS5 version. To me, there's at least a year of patches and hotfixes for hotfixes ahead to get where the devs wanted this game to be.

Besides, I was never sold on how groundbreaking, mindboggling complex this game would be. I just want a pretty, stable rpg, and I believe CP77 can deliver that someday.

22 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

thanks you for your permission not to play it.  

I wasn't giving you 'permission', but I know you were being sarcastic. 

Maybe because i'm a completionist and that is what i do finish games instead of half ass leaving them all incomplete every time i don't like something.  I'd say thats the reason and if you took two minutes to review an account before you put forth your really smart and unique advice you'd see that.

You do realize no one cares about other peoples completion percentages, right? Maintaining 100% means you're very picky with games and would avoid games you would otherwise enjoy. Maybe the fact you "have" to keep 100% is why you're so rude lol .

I absolutely dread the dlc for this game and having to pick it up again to get 100% back.  Aside from the buggy mess and graphical disaster it was the game wasn't really that good anyway.

But, be anyone's guest to torture yourself and play something you "dread." If someone dreads something they would do anything to avoid it. So my point, don't complain about it if you're going to play it anyways!

5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I wasn't giving you 'permission', but I know you were being sarcastic. 

You do realize no one cares about other peoples completion percentages, right? Maintaining 100% means you're very picky with games and would avoid games you would otherwise enjoy. Maybe the fact you "have" to keep 100% is why you're so rude lol .

But, be anyone's guest to torture yourself and play something you "dread." If someone dreads something they would do anything to avoid it. So my point, don't complain about it if you're going to play it anyways!

is that how you operate based on what other people care about?   I care and that is what matters.  I'm rude but It wasn't me who jumped in on one of your posts and started telling you what to say and not to say was it?  Also you don't even know me so how the hell do you know if I avoid games I'd like to play because of completion percentage.  your making a general assumption based on something you know nothing about because you are far from a completionist to begin with. So I got a recommendations for you.  Try minding your own business you would be better off!

@steel6burgh I apologize then, it just baffles me how people 'dread' playing a game, but will torture themselves for it anyways is all. I know how important 100% is to many people but each time I get a game and see a tedious plat requirement I'll just play the game for fun as completing some games to 100% can ruin the experience. That being said, well done on Hitman 3. Thats insanely fast. How did you manage to do it so quickly?!

2 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@steel6burgh I apologize then, it just baffles me how people 'dread' playing a game, but will torture themselves for it anyways is all. I know how important 100% is to many people but each time I get a game and see a tedious plat requirement I'll just play the game for fun as completing some games to 100% can ruin the experience. That being said, well done on Hitman 3. Thats insanely fast. How did you manage to do it so quickly?!

apology accepted no problem.  hitman 3 i already had the first two game done and so the trophies for those two games auto pop and I've played a lot of hitman so I can usually get a lot done in every run of a map. I could have done it much faster but i had a ton of bugs that made it about twice as time consuming as it actually was.

4 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

That's crazy. I'm playing the game now and have never played a Hitman game before! It seems like it'll be a 100 hour 100%!! 

it will be like i said all the trophies from hitman 1 and 2 auto pop if you already did them on hitman 1 and 2.  also a bit of advice.  you can make like 10 or 20 manual saves.  Make good use of them.  If you mess up revert back.  also if you finish a challenge you can revert back to a save and complete another challenge without having to do the mission all over from the beginning.  sometimes you can knock out many challenges in little time by reverting back and doing the opposite of what you did the 1st time.  this can shave time to complete way down.  But honestly the games are great games and i'd recommend taking your time and getting as much out of them as possible since this is your 1st time with hitman.  Have fun and good luck!

• Like 1

To the OP - Digital Foundry touts PS4 Pro as the most stable last-gen version.  For others, it's very playable on PS5 right now if you happen to have one - I don't think there's a reason to wait any longer on the new hardware (unless you just literally are waiting for the next-gen version at this point).  I had a physical copy since shortly after launch but never installed it on my PS4, due to the feedback about how terrible it ran.  I've seen the videos but never tried it myself and don't plan to.  I was lucky enough to snag a PS5 in January but still never started Cyberpunk until patch 1.2.  I suggest installing it on the SSD, as I noticed improvements in texture loading and stutter when entering new areas.  You'll see some things that are still rough around the edges that will likely be cleaned up in the dedicated PS5 version but it's not like we're dealing with some mess now.  The PS4 and PS5 performance here is dramatically different, total night and day. I've played the game for ~100 hours and have had a good experience.  Enjoyed my time with it. 

Just adding my two cents here for people still curious. Started the game towards the end of 2020, became incredibly disinterested, then picked it up again around the recent 1.2 patch because I was sick of it tanking my completion rate(another completionist in this thread, yeah, but I don't bite, promise <3).

It's still a glitchy dumpster fire and I still don't care about it very much. That said, the bugginess itself is kind of entertaining? I was frustrated at first when things didn't work as intended, but some of the things that happen in this are so ridiculous and janky that I can't help but laugh now or just shrug if it's a minor inconvenience. I've been in the passenger seat of an NPC's car, clipped through the street and drowned(there's a flat plane of water beneath the whole city). I've summoned my own vehicle and had it spawn inside a gas canister, explode, and fly off into space. I've had the texture for Takemura's neck get stuck in a diner table and stretched into oblivion when he got up to leave(didn't stop him, the game eventually crashed though). It's... charming, actually? For the most part, I haven't experienced any game-breaking bugs or things that impede trophy progress outside of some minor inconveniences that were solved by loading the last autosave.

If there's anything that's deserving of criticism, it's the crappy systems that are already baked into the game. Picking up items is always inaccurate, not to mention time-consuming. Sometimes it doesn't even work like if a stack of cash spawns halfway inside a desk, you can't collect it. The button for sneaking is also the button for skipping dialogue, so if you're trying to be stealthy and start a conversation with a quest NPC you're in a situation where you can't do anything about your visibility until they're done talking. Speaking of stealth, I've given up on it now whenever possible because it not only takes longer and yields less EXP/loot, but also have had enemies spot me through walls multiple times. The game constantly gives you criminal status for things like defending yourself from aggro street thugs and cops will literally do nothing except watch you get shot at. Or NPCs spawning in the middle of the street while you're driving so you have no choice but to run them over, therefore wasting more time because you have to lose the police. The times the game chooses to autosave are... questionable but at least there's a lot of saves you can roll back to. I've died to a landmine and loaded my last checkpoint which was directly on top of said landmine, causing me to die again. Why does the game insist on making me auto-equip 3 weapons when I only want to use my tech pistol that hits well into 5-digit damage territory and shoots through walls? Why did the devs even patch the infinite money exploit if we can just make infinite money anyway without glitches? Vendors having limited money is dumb because you either find a different vendor or just open the menu, "wait" 24 hours and they restock their money. It just adds extra steps and loading screens to something as simple as unloading all your crap in a game that really likes to make you fill up your weight limit on crap. The list goes on.

At the time of this post, I'm currently in the cleanup step around 55~ hours, 32 crashes in on PS4 Pro(most of these were during the story, not many in the postgame), clearing the map of gigs and NCPD hustles with 2/7 districts down. There's so much uninteresting side content peppered everywhere that it's just plain tedious. At least gigs have some semblance of a story, but over a hundred assault in progress markers boil down to shoot 4-5 guys and opening a briefcase to find a note. You can read the datashard but it's always some instant messenger crap like "this guy screwed me lmao bring all your chooms and we'll jump him" and I'm just not invested in generic gang violence, especially when it's copied and pasted everywhere. This step is the most coma-inducing by far and has actually put me to sleep once.

With all that said, the end is in sight and there's no more missable trophies which is nice. I'm very patient and will cross the line eventually, but I can't recommend this game, much less this version of the game to anyone. The plot is somewhat interesting at points, graphics are pretty sometimes if everything loads in right and you're at a scenic locale, Keanu Reeves has good color commentary from time to time, but none of those things are actually worth fighting through the game's inherent tedium even if they fix all the bugs. I don't even think it does the sci-fi thing very well because the game seems more interested in shoving raw virtual sex or gratuitous alcohol consumption, or guns in your face all the time. Yeah, I get it, Night City is a wild and degenerate place, but somewhere along the way CDPR forgot they were supposed to be telling a decent story in it too. Instead, you get flashes of greatness amidst all the teenage edgelord fantasies or V just falling over and being unconscious all the time. The makings of a good game are in there, but every facet is just bloated with unnecessary jank and it doesn't even play well in the first place. That's just my opinion or whatever.

Edited by dxmcake0
Typos at 4AM
  • Like 3

Have been playing it on PS5 since update 1.2. Although theres little bugs overall which dont really affect things too much, like buttons stuck on screen, people zipping about, slow map when driving, etc, I haven't seen any big or major problems. Had no crashes, freezes, slowdown, broken missions or characters, lost items, etc.

Would say its playable and fine, but there are still noticable bits and bobs in the general gameplay that youll see more frequently because theyre just that: small silly things that pop up more.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dxmcake0 said:

Just adding my two cents here for people still curious. Started the game towards the end of 2020, became incredibly disinterested, then picked it up again around the recent 1.2 patch because I was sick of it tanking my completion rate(another completionist in this thread, yeah, but I don't bite, promise <3)

Mostly echoes my thoughts. I’ve been playing on PC (about 30 hrs in) so I can’t comment on the platinum experience, but in my opinion it’s just a mediocre game that feels like it didn’t think its systems and design choices all the way through. Core story bits are interesting, kind of, but a lot of its decisions are just baffling. GTA V and Fallout 3 did exactly what it’s going for better back on the PS3. 

Edited by JD-D2