[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't install games on my PS3. Error code: 80029509

Caquis_1

10 minutes ago, digisoulwings said:

I JUST got the problem trying to login to PSN on my PS3. I get this message: "Access to Sony Entertainment Network from this system had either been banned or temporarily suspended." Before, like a few minutes ago the same message would appear but with "Error Code 8002A227" attached. Is something wrong? We haven't gotten ANYTHING from the store on PS3, my partner just has some things in his cart for the next time we can get them, if so before they close services. I'm worried because my partner has never had this happen before.

Reach out to Chat support and they should be able to give you a reason for that new message.

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Reach out to Chat support and they should be able to give you a reason for that new message.

I'm not sure how to do that? I'm on the Playstation website in the support section, but feel stupid not knowing as again we've never had problems before...

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Which Live Chat would I choose? Do I just pick one from a drop down menu on any topic, or does it have to be  specific one?

I really do feel dumb having to be helped with this because it seems like such a minor thing. Thanks for the link though, much appreciated.

Edited by digisoulwings

3 minutes ago, digisoulwings said:

I hate to say this, but I see no option/button for Live Chat here anywhere on the page?

Thanks for the link though, much appreciated.

Did you click around? Click on Change Online ID & other account questions and it should expand and when you scroll down it should show Chatbot/Live chat/Twitter links.

58 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Did you click around? Click on Change Online ID & other account questions and it should expand and when you scroll down it should show Chatbot/Live chat/Twitter links.

Got it. Thanks again for the help, I hope I can get the issue resolved.

Found I was suspended for "violating terms and conditions" which I have zero idea what I, or my partner even did, but the person I spoke to had me reset my password and said the suspension will be lifted tomorrow. Still so confused....

Edited by digisoulwings

Oh, so that's why i couldn't download anything on PS3 or transfer stuff from PS3 to Vita. I've had to disable 2FA and now i can download stuff on my PS3. However, i didn't need to disable 2FA on my secondary US account, for whatever reason. I still have to test PS3-Vita transfer after deactivating 2FA though..

Edited by Lance_87

• 10 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I’m having a problem with certain games!

im trying to transfer PS1 and psp games I bought from a PS3 to a psp (MGS1, command and conquer, theme hospital, resident evil 1) I have to disable 2FA, I can transfer them accross to psp and the game is on the psp ready to go but when I try and play them I get “copyright protection information is invalid”

only on those games listed though, I have other psp and PS1 games downloaded and transferred at the same time as the ones above and they work fine.

tried activating devices etc but still the same problem.

• 1 year later...

i allso brought some dlc this week of p3 store and i get the same error code 80029509 i dont have a 2fa set up if i do i forgot about it ( how do u turn ur 2fa off cant find it ) any thing i can do or do i have to ring sony to get my money back

1 hour ago, JEDI_X_WING said:

i allso brought some dlc this week of p3 store and i get the same error code 80029509 i dont have a 2fa set up if i do i forgot about it ( how do u turn ur 2fa off cant find it ) any thing i can do or do i have to ring sony to get my money back

As of the 5th of March I haven't been able to download any games either. Old movies I bought can still be downloaded, but I get that error on any game I try downloading. The only thing I can think of that's really changed since then for me is the new PS3 update. In the last week of Jan I bought LittleBigPlanet Karting on PSN and that downloaded just fine, but on the 5th I tried downloading a free dlc and nothing. Today I added money to my PSN and bought some DLCs and the purchase went through, but the DLC just won't download. It says something about "activating" and then fails with the error. The movie downloads have a different activate screen (saying it may take 1 minute) but then it starts as usual. I've tried activating and disabling 2FA. I deactivated/reactivated the console many time, even revoking all my PS systems on Sony's site to see if that would work and nothing. I've tried wireless internet and wired and nothing. My downloaded games still work, but legit nothing I try will let me download any games/dlc off my account. Only movies work. 

12 minutes ago, GlactastarGaming said:

As of the 5th of March I haven't been able to download any games either. Old movies I bought can still be downloaded, but I get that error on any game I try downloading. The only thing I can think of that's really changed since then for me is the new PS3 update. In the last week of Jan I bought LittleBigPlanet Karting on PSN and that downloaded just fine, but on the 5th I tried downloading a free dlc and nothing. Today I added money to my PSN and bought some DLCs and the purchase went through, but the DLC just won't download. It says something about "activating" and then fails with the error. The movie downloads have a different activate screen (saying it may take 1 minute) but then it starts as usual. I've tried activating and disabling 2FA. I deactivated/reactivated the console many time, even revoking all my PS systems on Sony's site to see if that would work and nothing. I've tried wireless internet and wired and nothing. My downloaded games still work, but legit nothing I try will let me download any games/dlc off my account. Only movies work. 

yep mine was ok befor this up date the ps3 not long had i allso get a error on a old game i try to down load even one thats brought ( and the purchase went through, but the DLC just won't download. It says something about "activating" and then fails with the error.) i get this two/ do you get the code 8002951? 

Edited by JEDI_X_WING

6 minutes ago, JEDI_X_WING said:

yep mine was ok befor this up date the ps3 not long had i allso get a error on a old game i try to down load even one thats brought ( and the purchase went through, but the DLC just won't download. It says something about "activating" and then fails with the error.) i get this two/ do you get the code 8002951? 

Same. I had 2FA turned on long before this and hadn't downloaded a game on my PS3 since late January, but it worked fine then. But today I decided to jump through the various hoops that Sony has put in place to buy a couple old PS3 games I hadn't played (and one I have) and I can't activate anything, just error 80029509. Tried pretty much everything I could think of: deactivating/reactivating the console, turning 2FA off and back on, reboots, deleting and reinstalling the PS Store, signing out of all my devices on the PlayStation web site (which interestingly enough actually did not sign me out of the PS3, but sure did sign me out of my PS4, PS5, the web site, and mobile app) with no luck. Of course, this was all immediately after downloading and installing the 4.90 firmware update, which is probably related. I've contacted Sony, they responded with PS4- and PS5-specific instructions, I replied highlighting that this is a PS3 issue and now await their (probably non-) response. I know the PS3 isn't exactly Sony's focus these days, but to have services that they're still offering (against their will, sure) be this broken is downright embarrassing IMO.

• Like 4

I also got the error code (80029509) after I dropped $60 on some old school games via my PS3 marketplace. I had no idea about the pending PS3 shutdown until I ran into this issue... Now I'm out $60 and nothing to show for it... Also bought a PS5 yesterday, but I might return it and stick with Xbox if this is how Sony scams people out of money. It's beyond shameful to offer a "service" which has no issue taking payment but fails to deliver the advertised product. It's not only wrong, it's theft!

I also had problems at the end of February downloading The Walking Dead. It would always hang up while activating. Oddly, I could download the DLC episode just fine. My solution to the problem was to go onto ebay and get the complete version on disc, but I get that's not an option for all people nor for all content.

I'm starting to think that after the backlash to shutting down the store last year, Sony's decided it's just going to let it fall into disrepair instead.

12 hours ago, GlactastarGaming said:

I contacted PS Support about this, provided screenshots, a video and notes that have all now been passed onto an investigation into the issue. So hoping maybe something comes of that and I don't just get told "have you tried clearing HDD space or activating your PS3 console?"

• Like 1