PS4 1.50

MatCauthon

Heads up to those of you guys that are getting a PS4. Download the 1.5 patch onto a thumbdrive! I downloaded it yesterday, but it ended up being the wrong file according to Game Informer. I'm dl'ing the correct one right now, and the servers are extremely busy. It's taking over an hour to dl the 308MB file.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/index.htm

• Like 1

I've already got mine saved on my USB drive, but it only took me 5-10 minuets to download.

Is your file size 308mb? I grabbed it yesterday and it only took a few minutes, but it was around 800mb... (it was actually the new install software, not just the update). 

Just make sure you have the update only (unless you're replacing your hard drive at launch). 

Is your file size 308mb? I grabbed it yesterday and it only took a few minutes, but it was around 800mb... (it was actually the new install software, not just the update). 

Just make sure you have the update only (unless you're replacing your hard drive at launch). 

The exact size of the update I downloaded was 307 MB (322,844,672 bytes), I got if from the same place as the link in your post.

Why use a USB When you just turn on your PS4 and it will load it! ?

This is a firmware update that has to be downloaded. It won't be on your PS4 out of the box. Putting it on a USB now will save you time if either the servers are backed up or you don't want to wait the 15 or so minutes it may take to dl directly to the PS4. 

I am surprised Sony let this happen, although this is not uncommon.

I've d/l'd game patches and DLC in incorrect versions.

Biggest was BF3 Close Quarters, it was a 2 version old dev build live in the store ffs...

I will download it tonight but only use it if for some odd reason PSN or Online doesn't work... i will be just updating it normally most likely... i will let it update tonight while i am sound asleep dreaming of playing it!

It's mandatory. You must update to use  90% of the features including the PSN.

Why use a USB When you just turn on your PS4 and it will load it! ?

Cause you didn't read.

I'm in the central time zone...I've had my PS4 for almost an hour. Took about 20 minutes to remove all items from the box and set up all

my connections. Since then all I've been doing is trying to install 1.50. Finally after 40 minutes it finally has accepted the download but now is sitting at the message screen stating "Preparing to install..."

Arrrgghh!

Not to mention I need to be awake in 4 and a half hours for work...

I guess I got lucky with this. Once I set up my PS4 it took probably 2 minutes or less to download the update and a few minutes to install and reboot. I couldn't get on PSN for a while but now that is working fine for me so I'm a happy camper. It is amazing how much faster the PSN Store is on the PS4.

Parker

I am surprised Sony let this happen, although this is not uncommon.

I've d/l'd game patches and DLC in incorrect versions.

Biggest was BF3 Close Quarters, it was a 2 version old dev build live in the store ffs...

It's mandatory. You must update to use  90% of the features including the PSN.

Cause you didn't read.

I knew it was mandatory... what i was saying is that i wouldn't have to use the one on my thumb drive unless i couldn't get it to download for some reason like high traffic... i didn't have any issue with the patch downloading straight from the PS4... i didn't even need to use the one i downloaded on my thumb drive