Trophy Thoughts?

Smash41

7 minutes ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

I got  the vendo now and did in chapter select in my first try after the patch, make sure to not spend money in the portal too.

About the badges, the good news is this is bugged for everyone, the devs will have to do something

Ok i replayed the level 2 times and the vendo trophy popped now for me. 

4 hours ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

Didnt know what you didnt understand. I just wrote you a guide with the possible fastest method. I got 1000 safed mudos and got good karma at 12 levels at the end of level 15. Good ending trophy didnt pop. 

@Everyone

I just collected the last badge and no trophy popped. So the badges now fine, but the trophy itself is bugged. Also the vendo trophy in level 17 is bugged. 

Badges

As far as I can see - if you check the level stats, you will notice that several levels have an impossible-to-reach badge score.

Example: The Road on Monsaic has 12 badges in total, but the badge score shows 24 (12/24).... so the counter might be set 12 too high.

Same for some other levels (The Ruins, The Blimp, The Funicular, The Sanctum).

Bad Ending

I played the game trying to kill as many Mudokons as possible.

I counted each killed Mudokon and after level 15 I had a total of 1025.

Due to me trying to get the bad ending I don't have level 16 and 17 unlocked.

Any advice what else I could try?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Calypox said:

Badges

As far as I can see - if you check the level stats, you will notice that several levels have an impossible-to-reach badge score.

Example: The Road on Monsaic has 12 badges in total, but the badge score shows 24 (12/24).... so the counter might be set 12 too high.

Bad Ending

To unlock level 16 and 17 just replay the level via level select and get good karma in 13 levels. This will unlock level 16 and 17

• Like 1

Is the all badges trophy bugged for people that had all the badges minus the Spender ones? Is it not popping after you earn those badges again?

Would be very unfortunate if the players that earned all the badges didn't earn the trophy after a fix was brought out.

45 minutes ago, KristophDJHero said:

Is the all badges trophy bugged for people that had all the badges minus the Spender ones? Is it not popping after you earn those badges again?

Would be very unfortunate if the players that earned all the badges didn't earn the trophy after a fix was brought out.

Nah, I missed 1 in Escape and 2 random's in Eye of the storm and bugged on me either way.

4 hours ago, Calypox said:

Badges

Bad Ending

Was this via level select m8?? I wouldnt be surprised if level select is buggin this also bugs everything else 

5 hours ago, IX_Edinho_XI said:

To unlock level 16 and 17 just replay the level via level select and get good karma in 13 levels. This will unlock level 16 and 17

Very good idea - I will try that!

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Was this via level select m8?? I wouldnt be surprised if level select is buggin this also bugs everything else 

Yes - via level select.

Edited by Calypox

14 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Vendo trophy is fixed? time to pop that bad boy, hopefully on my 6th attempt (1st since new patch) :highfive:

EDIT: Got it 1st try, thank goodness.

the trophy on the final levele is patched? i haven't got it yesterday :\ mybe because i freed the mudokons with the moolah?

4 hours ago, Calypox said:

Very good idea - I will try that!

Yes - via level select.

I found this on the oddworld homepage http://www.oddworld.com/get-support/

//

Can you get the bad ending after beating the game without deleting all your Level Select Progress?

Not currently. The better endings are supposed to supercede the bad ending. We are planning to add a video player in the future that will allow endings to be viewed.

//

This proves why I didnt unlock the bad ending doing the kills via chapter select :(

2 hours ago, Calypox said:

I found this on the oddworld homepage http://www.oddworld.com/get-support/

//

Can you get the bad ending after beating the game without deleting all your Level Select Progress?

Not currently. The better endings are supposed to supercede the bad ending. We are planning to add a video player in the future that will allow endings to be viewed.

//

This proves why I didnt unlock the bad ending doing the kills via chapter select :(

It doesnt though, there isnt actually any 100% confirmation yet that those 2 trophies are connected to endings, we are just making those assumptions due to when they triggered

The trophies are only confirmes to connect to kills/saves

I know where some have us have popped these trophies, but there are still a few other variables that need ticking off to be sure

You did everything right anyway according to those that have popped it, tried on the bad ending before 16 was unlocked

Your problem seems to be that level select is bugged when doing it

And we are blaming bugs for everything else, but are for some reason assuming everything runs perfectly with this trophy and level select!! 

The game is a buggy mess still, I was playing yesterday after the patch, they fix 1 thing, but then another bug has popped up. I love the game, but they seem pretty incompetent in polishing the game

After 1.07 I think the game plays a little better for sure. Still buggy but the experience feels tighter overall.

Question for anyone that might know; if you click New Game on the menu, does it wipe your progress for badges / no-death runs on the Level Select screen? I'm thinking I might back up a cloud save before I tackle a 1,000 kills run.

EDIT: Answered in another thread, it does overwrite your progress.

Edited by KristophDJHero

2 hours ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

I was trying to put my save in a pen drive to preserve my all badges progress because I want to use the cloud save to get the no dying trophy. Did anyone here have sucess trying to use the pen drive on ps5?

You dont need to backup ur save, players shouldnt be telling u that is the only way. 

Basically there are 2 ways to cheat the deaths;

1. Make a save backup and redownload each time you tie. 

2. Simply close app each time you die, must be during gameplay. 

If u wanna be sure if death counts, turn on Streaming Mode in options. Doing this, you will clearly save that the death counter is reset to 0 if you close app, NOT if you repoad checkpoint though. 

And of course, dont hit a NEW checkpoint with a death currently as them it will be hard saved and the close app will not work!! 

8 hours ago, Reflear said:

the trophy on the final levele is patched? i haven't got it yesterday :\ mybe because i freed the mudokons with the moolah?

Yeah that's why it didn't work for me the 1st time. It says ''no vendos'' but I think the gates count as well. Just do another run without freeing them and you'll be a-okay. It should pop once the ending cutscene plays out