Beware: Dwindling Player Base

Kazduin

I've been finding matches easily the past few days, however today and yesterday I haven't been able to find a match in the Carnado 8v8 mode which is annoying. I'm enjoying this game way more than I ever expected. The production value of it is kind of drawing me in and it feels quite polished, even if it's a bit bare on the actual content. It has just enough Dualsense use for my liking too. Hope it can have enough of a life so I could at least consider going for the plat.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to something like adding bots to multiplayer matches though, both to make more matches possible and to make trophies a bit easier to grab.

Yeah starting with fewer players would help a lot.

Recently on xbox 360 I went back and 100%ed titanfall 1, and man the population was really low.  I could always get an attrition match but any other mode?  Very tough.  However, at some point Respawn had changed it to literally let you start almost every game mode with just one other person.  So what you could do was just hop into a lobby and if just one other person joined, you had a match, and before a couple more games were done suddenly people started joining and we'd get some really awesome 4v4, 5v5, and 6v6 matches.

No one wants to be the person having to wait forever to get a match started with no guarantee they'll get a match even when someone joins.  At the end of the day, even if suboptimal, people just want to PLAY.  Wish more developers would stop demanding fairly high play counts to start games or to get trophies and achievements.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:42 AM, Lianco said:

Lmao at least Fall Guys has well over a 1000 recent players, this game can't even get past 100 sometimes.

Yeah but they don't tell people that for this exact reason. They want people to panic buy a PS5 asap

Lol what?  No?  You've always been able to do this.  They've even made tweets about it and included "hey, you can claim them now and play them later" in blog posts.  Same with PS4. 

Edited by Chettlar

• 2 weeks later...

Playing it recently you can still get games in Mayham yeah. Whatever other mode is active less so, though on a day with a solo mayhem and a team carnado that one got people playing it.

An issue that exists now is two characters basically require you to play gridfall and gridfall is not always available. Other characters can be done in Mayham and their requirements are annoying yes, but doable.

1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

They'll add bots soon

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-29-ps5-exclusive-destruction-allstars-to-get-online-bots

Thanks for alerting people to this. Seems like maybe that boosting session I have going might not be so necessary... ummm, we'll see. No date on the bot inclusion anyway. If the bots are like anything those in that single player event then getting the character trophies will become very easy as that AI is a joke to beat.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 8:06 AM, Sergen said:

Now if Sony didn't require people to own a PS5 to claim PS5 PS+ games maybe this game would have come back to life. Unfortunately due to that decision, people missed the ability to play this game in its prime because they spent a lot of time trying to get their hands on a PS5 without any success. I'll probably never play this game, but it's unfortunate for anyone who liked the look of it to have missed out due to being unable to get a PS5. This is what happens when they make games like this into PS5 exclusives before the PS5 became more widely available.

I had no issue claiming any game on PS5 since they started appearing on PS+ without owning a PS5 (probably won't until a good 3 or 4 years, got absolutely no interest) using the web store: https://store.playstation.com/fr-fr/subscriptions

This game it's just bad, no one asked for this, everyone wants a new Twisted Metal not this "Fortnite Car" Game , the characters are ugly, the design it's bad and no one it's playing this game.

I prefer Knack over this, i hope Sony can listen to us and can give us a new Twisted Metal AAA game, not this kind of things.

13 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

This game it's just bad, no one asked for this, everyone wants a new Twisted Metal not this "Fortnite Car" Game , the characters are ugly, the design it's bad and no one it's playing this game.

I prefer Knack over this, i hope Sony can listen to us and can give us a new Twisted Metal AAA game, not this kind of things.

I'm so glad you speak for everyone here. 

• Like 2