BF4 on PS4 Corrupt Save Data

PipeSwinger

I've had a few issues with Battlefield 4 on the PS4, and I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem. My save file basically keeps getting corrupt. This is the third time it's happened. The other two times I just downloaded my save file from the cloud, but now after doing that it's still corrupt. It's very bothersome, because I had one more mission left for the collectibles. Does anyone know a work around for this? Has this happened to anyone else? Anyway I can fix this so it doesn't happen again? I love BF4, but it's frustrating having to do all this work over again... Hope everyone is enjoying their PS4's!

You definitely aren't the only one. I've read many posts on many different forums and they are all experiencing the same issues as you. In fact, I was just talking to Kirbz on the PS4 about this just yesterday, I have the game from Gamefly (free month trial) and planned on playing it but he advised against it because of the exact problems you're experiencing. 

EA are blaming Sony and saying the PS4 1.50 update is the reason the game is having issues, but it is having issues on every platform, even PC, so it doesn't seem like it is a Sony issue to me. Hopefully a patch addresses the problems in the very near future. 

Parker

• Like 1

Just the save data, don't delete the Game itself.

Settings - System Storage - Application Save Data - Delete - BF4, should be a 19 mb file. (I don't remember if that's the exact path)

Turn Off the PS4, Restart.

You will have to re adjust your in-game settings, and loose all SP data.

But you at least can try MP for upto 3ish hours before the data is corrupted again.

Edited by A12621A

Just the save data, don't delete the Game itself.

Settings - System Storage - Application Save Data - Delete - BF4, should be a 19 mb file. (I don't remember if that's the exact path)

Turn Off the PS4, Restart.

You will have to re adjust your in-game settings, and loose all SP data.

But you at least can try MP for upto 3ish hours before the data is corrupted again.

Just had the save file corrupt on me too, only had 2 missions left to beat hard, now to do it all over again, plus needed a few more points trophies/collectibles. I hope this 3 hour thing isn't gonna happen all the time... (until patched) ugh.

I would just like to confirm that after the 1.51 System Software update, my Save Data no longer corrupts.

However, the game is still all fucked up.

No Commander, no second screen, half the maps don't work, half the game modes don't work. The in-game Battlelog, either doesn't show any stats, or incorrect stats from sub-account's.

D.I.C.E. and EA need to get on their act together quick.  :spank:

• Like 1

Damn,I was waiting to get BF4 when I got a PS4.

But now it looks like the game has bugs & glitches.

The game has it's fair share of problems, but fortunately DICE claims they'll be patching it early next week. The game will be sweet once it's all patched up. I've been loving it so far, even with the glitches. 

The game has it's fair share of problems, but fortunately DICE claims they'll be patching it early next week. The game will be sweet once it's all patched up. I've been loving it so far, even with the glitches. 

It just got a patch today but it's still a broken piece of shit right now. 

The patch honestly doesn't seem to help even the slightest bit for me. 

I was doing well with my backing up my profile data file to the cloud (auto upload turned off so as not to upload a newly corrupted file) and managed to beat Kunlun but then the game crashed and corrupted the HDD version of my file.  I was constantly completing a mission, running the process of uploading my profile data file and then getting back into the game to move onward.  But today it didn't work.  I went into campaign and there was no resume.  So I downloaded what should have been my 'clean' file from the cloud, restarted the game...and no resume option.  Just difficulty selection. So I'd have to ONCE AGAIN replay every mission.  It will be my sixth time through the first two missions and fifth through the third mission and so on.  At least they could have made it so the campaign could check with your PSN account to see what the furthest mission-end trophy you've earned and figure out that you were that far along in the campaign.

And what sucks is that most seem to be in agreement that they will work on fixing MP before worrying about SP which sucks because MP doesn't work for crap either.  I've become so frustrated that I went out and spent another $60 to get Call of Duty: Ghosts.   I've never been AGAINST CoD but I've only played a few of their titles ever and have generally always preferred BF.  But after having a game that doesn't work (either SP or MP), hasn't had any patches or if it has they haven't fixed anything noticeable, there are SO MANY problems they I don't even know how they figure out what to try to fix, the fact that they are simultaneously working on the DLC which at this point will be add-ons to a game that doesn't work....  I beat the Ghosts single player campaign...you know how?... it actually kept track of missions that I had successfully completed! HA  In video game history (especially as of late) we see game releases getting pushed back and I can't imagine why they wouldn't have done that with BF4.  I can understand trying to match up with Ghosts' release and trying to be a next-gen launch title...but that pales in comparison to the fact that they released a game that is unplayable.  The only positive I would say about BF4 is that it could have the longest campaign in video game history...if only because you may need to play all of the missions repeatedly until you manage to get all the way through it without your file corrupting.

HAH  sorry, end of rant.  I just can't understand how they release a game with anything that's more than a minor glitch.  I know in these days of internet connected consoles and DLC that things can be patched and some companies may release games with 'beta' level errors that can easily be patched and fix them quickly and still keep the game playable until the patch is released.   But right now I have a $110 disc of near nothingness.   :angry:    :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gave the campaign a try because i was getting bored of the pistol kills, got up to very beginning of chapter 4. The game didn't crash on me once, and i was playing offline. So i quit the game and back up my save to my usb, re-load the game and the game is back at the difficulty selection screen. Urgh.

I tried using my back up save, but it didn't work either. I'm just gonna wait for a patch, if they ever fix it...

Gave the campaign a try because i was getting bored of the pistol kills, got up to very beginning of chapter 4. The game didn't crash on me once, and i was playing offline. So i quit the game and back up my save to my usb, re-load the game and the game is back at the difficulty selection screen. Urgh.

I tried using my back up save, but it didn't work either. I'm just gonna wait for a patch, if they ever fix it...

That is probably on the back burner right now. DICE are probably extremely busy fixing the multiplayer, which if we're honest is what 99% of people who play Battlefield want to play, so I doubt we'll see significant fixes to singleplayer anytime soon. 

Parker

That is probably on the back burner right now. DICE are probably extremely busy fixing the multiplayer, which if we're honest is what 99% of people who play Battlefield want to play, so I doubt we'll see significant fixes to singleplayer anytime soon. 

Parker

Yes I agree there, from the 3-5 hours of MP I have played, it works well... most of the time. But i have only been playing SDM & TDM. Although 2 months already after release and no major fixes :/

Ive never had a problem with Battlefield 4. I can say though people have been saying if you have a campaign midway through and jump on multiplayer then your campaign will reset for some reason. For that reason i played through campaign first and when i was done jumped on multiplayer.

Ive never had a problem with Battlefield 4. I can say though people have been saying if you have a campaign midway through and jump on multiplayer then your campaign will reset for some reason. For that reason i played through campaign first and when i was done jumped on multiplayer.

I didn't touch the mp or even quit to the main menu while playing the campaign, but the second i did. BOOM i got hit with the glitch.