I got scout log 9 and figured out how to get it

GorosBat

7 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

There is something you can do to slightly ease the grind. I don't know if this makes sense, but try to stick with me.

Basically, there's a chance that the game spawns an optional room that leads to additional rooms from a pool of 4 different variations and one of them is the one with log 9. (I'm not talking about the locked one that always leads to additional rooms!)

So when you see an optional room that has additional paths, for example the one with the giant metal ball in the middle of the room that shoots bullets down, you can then restart cycle, because now the log 9 room cannot spawn.

I don't know if that made sense, but it made grinding a little faster, especially if this kind of optional room spawned early in the biome.

Thanks a lot for this. I'm hoping this'll save so much time for future runs! 

I was gonna assume that this biome was the roughest for the platinum but its the least rare currently of all the survey trophies. 

10 minutes ago, Flynnerigan said:

I was gonna assume that this biome was the roughest for the platinum but its the least rare currently of all the survey trophies. 

Probably because the majority of players haven't gotten that much further in tbh.

8 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

Nice! And just in time before the new patch corrupted your save lol.

Luckily i read about save corruption fast enough after patching and didn't interact with any ghost. :)

Edited by DarkJayk

I tried more than 100 times to find 9 log. Then i started a new game and found it in the third room. Then I finished act 2 and found all audio. But faced with another problem. I cant find crypto 8/10 ... :D I don't know if I need to finish act 3 now...

At first i finished game and got broken trophies for act 3. Then i had to replay the game and couldn't find log 9. Now i finished game again and stil can't find rest 2 crypto. I got my saves corrupted.

This game is totally awfull. I regret i didn't buy the disk version. Finally, it gave me only negative emotions.

Edited by Ayberry

1 hour ago, KUS_SWAT_ said:

is it worth to do the lockdown rooms ? Or just restart cycle if a lockdown room appears ?

Ignore the locked rooms. I can confirm this.

30 minutes ago, Zuntenshi said:

Does the room spawn before/after the fabricator room? Or can it be both places? Trying to see if it can be narrowed down a bit more. Which unfortunately I think isn't happening. But hey..

For me it spawned near the end of the run, so after the "hub room" with all the fabricators.

1 minute ago, DarkJayk said:

Ignore the locked rooms. I can confirm this.

For me it spawned near the end of the run, so after the "hub room" with all the fabricators.

i dont mean the locked doors, i mean when you go into an area and all the doors get locked down and is it worth to clear the boss and continue or just restart from there ?

2 minutes ago, KUS_SWAT_ said:

i dont mean the locked doors, i mean when you go into an area and all the doors get locked down and is it worth to clear the boss and continue or just restart from there ?

Oh yes, clear the room and continue. This just happens all the time. Happened in my run where i got log 09 aswell.

Edited by DarkJayk

i just got the scout log but the trophy didnt popped ?

anyone have the same problem ?

iplayed in offline mode because of the patch

now im in this fucking room and dont know what to do this game is trolling me so hard ...

Edited by KUS_SWAT_

29 minutes ago, KUS_SWAT_ said:

now im in this fucking room and dont know what to do this game is trolling me so hard ...

I had the same issue but with the cipher collectible. I completed the Crimson Wastes activity card and the trophy didn't pop.
Went to in game settings - enabled the option to start online. Quit the app, relaunched and the trophy popped when I started the first biome.
I can't guarantee that it will work for you the same way though. ?

After 100+ runs on the first biome I can confirm that it is total RNG. The room with the scout log spawned finally so keep on trying :) Room looked exactly like the one shown in a tweet few posts above.

Edited by The_Borsuk

1 hour ago, KUS_SWAT_ said:

Several sources say play online only or trophies like collectibles might glitch out. Hope you can get it to pop after going online and restarting the game!

I'm missing log 47 and 63 (lvl 5 and 6) is there a trick to them? 

I'm honestly fed up of this game and still need to find 3 glyphs on lvl 2 and 5 or so on lvl 6.

?

Edit:

FUCKING WOOOOOOW! 

Biome 2, good run (shit looking different) + good build..... get locked in a room! 

I'm out!  Let me know when they nerf the collectables and if any of you was on the fence about this game, DO NOT BUY.  It's good (8/10) but the platinum difficulty is a solid 12/10 just because of how unstable it is and having the worst collectibles of all time. 

Good day and good luck. 

Edited by Fr_0zt

Currently trying to complete Biome 4 (Echoing Ruins)... missing ONE more Scout Log but i can't figure out which one it is (since Logs are not in order it seems) but i think it is either 27 or 30. Can anyone remember a rare Scout Log in Echoing Ruins? Damn man those collectibles.

1 hour ago, DarkJayk said:

Currently trying to complete Biome 4 (Echoing Ruins)... missing ONE more Scout Log but i can't figure out which one it is (since Logs are not in order it seems) but i think it is either 27 or 30. Can anyone remember a rare Scout Log in Echoing Ruins? Damn man those collectibles.

Finish act 3 and it will spawn by the ship.

1 minute ago, DarkJayk said:

you just saved my life, i was running it since 5 hours...

Haha no problem I figured some scout logs were locked behind act 3 because after beating act 2 there was 2 that spawned by the ship so I just kind of made an educated guess.

After long hrs trying to get log 9 it finally dropped.

Now im having a hard time with ciphers on biome 2, everything else is 100%. Its incredible that i still have 3 missing there but dont see a new one for 20 runs.

Finally found the log I was missing on biome 5, it was in a room I've never seen.  There are defo some these things that must be triggered or spawn at a specific location. 

Missing 1 log on 6 and 2 glyphs on both 2 and 6 for plat.  The wierd thing is that my stats say that im just missing 2 glyphs total (88/90). ?

4 hours ago, The_Borsuk said:

I had the same issue but with the cipher collectible. I completed the Crimson Wastes activity card and the trophy didn't pop.
Went to in game settings - enabled the option to start online. Quit the app, relaunched and the trophy popped when I started the first biome.
I can't guarantee that it will work for you the same way though. ?

After 100+ runs on the first biome I can confirm that it is total RNG. The room with the scout log spawned finally so keep on trying :) Room looked exactly like the one shown in a tweet few posts above.

your are my hero dude thx so much :)