minimum trophy requirements for threads

Go to solution Solved by AlteredFormula,

I think you should be able to set a minimum number of platinums, or a minimum trophy level (or indeed maximums) for posting on a thread you create.

The people who are very high level will have very diffent goals and outlooks to the casuals, and so a thread started by a casual is not really served by having a bunch of high level players chime in, and vice versa.

Another option would be to have a setting in your personal settings to only see comments from people above a certain level or within a certain banding.

I.e.

Only show me comments from players level 25+

Only show me comments from players lower than level 20

Etc

Etc

This would save having to go 2 or three pages off the thread to see if a players opinion matters to you.

I know I for one have gotten annoyed at something someone has said in response to me, or directed at me, only to then click throught to thier page and find they only have like 10 plats!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

This wouldnt be a terrible idea, but wouldnt work. 

It would shut out half the goons on the site. 

Im not saying all low levels are bad people. But i personally cant see the point in going to a trophy based site to talk about who jerks off better. 

Dont talk about it, be about it.

But thats just my opinion no real reason to go spreading it around.

C'mon Mr C, I know you secretly agree with me ;), you and I are all over these forums getting hit with silly opinions from low level onions!

Yeah you got a point there. But that would be discrimination and you can't do that. A post requirement would be more suitable. But even that I'm not sure about. 

We should respect each other's opinions no matter how stupid we think they are.

This wouldnt be a terrible idea, but wouldnt work. 

It would shut out half the goons on the site. 

Im not saying all low levels are bad people. But i personally cant see the point in going to a trophy based site to talk about who jerks off better. 

Dont talk about it, be about it.

But thats just my opinion no real reason to go spreading it around.

InB4 someone says I jerk off the best.

OT: I'm with you on that.

• Like 1

Yeah you got a point there. But that would be discrimination and you can't do that. A post requirement would be more suitable. But even that I'm not sure about. 

We should respect each other's opinions no matter how stupid we think they are.

InB4 someone says I jerk off the best.

OT: I'm with you on that.

Just for those wondering, the talk about it line, is related to jerking off.

This is quite an interesting thread i must say.

And it also bring out each ones creativity in the racist area.

For example I personally think that you missed the Black/white/asian filter.

Also a membership to the KKK should be required.

Please feel free to tell me if im allowed or not, my level is a shame ;)

Probably time for a proper answer now as I've managed to stop rolling on the floor.

I'm actually surprised that anyone that spends time here can even think like this. Forums in general and PSNP in particular are Internet communities. This suggests there is a sort of elite which doesn't really fit with the community feel.

Basically all you're saying is : you're lower than I, so your opinion doesn't matter. Although this doesn't come as a great surprise after yesterday's PS4 online debate...

I think this can only be considered, in my opinion (which as a lower level than you won't bother you, but up til now you can read it) as the worst idea I have EVER read on these forums - having pink hearts appear on your screen each time you gain a psn level would be better.

I would however like to thank you for giving me an idea of what incontinence feels like. It was seriously funny as a first read.

• Like 3

Cripes.

The point was just an idea to make the forums less chaotic, by having comments filter for people with similar goals and outlooks.

I was suggesting something set by the thead creator or the actual user, not an across the board genocide of all high / low level players.

Jeez.

Probably time for a proper answer now as I've managed to stop rolling on the floor.

I'm actually surprised that anyone that spends time here can even think like this. Forums in general and PSNP in particular are Internet communities. This suggests there is a sort of elite which doesn't really fit with the community feel.

Basically all you're saying is : you're lower than I, so your opinion doesn't matter. Although this doesn't come as a great surprise after yesterday's PS4 online debate...

I think this can only be considered, in my opinion (which as a lower level than you won't bother you, but up til now you can read it) as the worst idea I have EVER read on these forums - having pink hearts appear on your screen each time you gain a psn level would be better.

I would however like to thank you for giving me an idea of what incontinence feels like. It was seriously funny as a first read.

SLYYYYYY!!!!  :awesome:

Mem being all serious and whatnot.. he's right though. I'm saying this as a gamer with a higher trophy level than you, so my opinion is more important than yours.

• Like 1

SLYYYYYY!!!!  :awesome:

Mem being all serious and whatnot.. he's right though. I'm saying this as a gamer with a higher trophy level than you, so my opinion is more important than yours.

Lol, your opinion on trophy hunting IS more valid than mine, you're a lot better at it than me ;)

Fair enough y'all, no need to get bent outta shape about it.

Lol, your opinion on trophy hunting IS more valid than mine, you're a lot better at it than me ;)

Fair enough y'all, no need to get bent outta shape about it.

Who are you to tell me not to get bent outta shape about it? You're just a low level trophy hunter

Oh hi AF :D

Edited by kiesmaarwa