Average time to platinum trophy

Wouldn't mind seeing an Average Time to Platinum Trophy stat for games. Maybe put it at the top of each games trophy list with the other stats. I know you can you see individually how long it took to get a platinum for one user but it would be neat to see what the average time is for all users combined. I know it can be inflated with a lot of users not completing a game or taking a longer amount of time than most to get the platinum but I think it would give us a ballpark figure of the average time. 

On 03/06/2021 at 7:48 PM, HeyaBen said:

Wouldn't mind seeing an Average Time to Platinum Trophy stat for games. Maybe put it at the top of each games trophy list with the other stats. I know you can you see individually how long it took to get a platinum for one user but it would be neat to see what the average time is for all users combined. I know it can be inflated with a lot of users not completing a game or taking a longer amount of time than most to get the platinum but I think it would give us a ballpark figure of the average time. 

this isnt needed.

theres a few options already, i would say HLTB is one of the better choices. Even checking a few trophy guides will give a rough idea of how long a casual will take to platinum. As well as if you have a PS5 it lists overall playtime on games. May not be entirely accurate but if you combined the 3, you can figure it out yourself 

for most games (at least ones that don't have much, or any DLC) the best way I've found to find a rough 'average' is to go to the game, go to the '100% Club', and look at the 50th place entry in the 'Fastest' times. 

the top ones will be speed runners and the likes, but down around 50th will usually be on the 'fast-side of average.'

(assuming the game doesn't have auto pop options, has well over 50 players completed, and doesn't have known glitches etc.)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

The only measurement you can really do is take everyone into consideration, but it would probably get into an avarage of a few years since a lot of people (including me) tend to play the game a bit, leave it for a few years and finish it. thus the Stat is very saturated. 

I think best way to check is the advise of @DrBloodmoney number 50 is not no-life gaming, like the top but also not leaving it be to complete it later. I think that should form a nice average. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 2:20 AM, Infected Elite said:

this isnt needed.

theres a few options already, i would say HLTB is one of the better choices. Even checking a few trophy guides will give a rough idea of how long a casual will take to platinum. As well as if you have a PS5 it lists overall playtime on games. May not be entirely accurate but if you combined the 3, you can figure it out yourself 

Thank you for the feedback but the fact you say "this isn't needed" and then proceed to tell me to go to a whole other website, get a "rough idea" by searching a few trophy guides, lookup times on the PS5, and combine all those options together tells me maybe contradicts yourself a little. I was just throwing around an idea for a quick, mostly accurate, and (more importantly) efficient way to get this information. It might not be a highly recommended feature and it may not be for everyone but personally I would find it very useful. I get it most likely won't happen but I was just kicking around an idea to see what other site user's thought :)

On 6/8/2021 at 1:51 AM, Shikotei-kun said:

Try the how long to beat website. Has all the information you need and much much more than you suggested here.

I love that site. I have definitely used it in the past! 

On 6/8/2021 at 2:36 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

for most games (at least ones that don't have much, or any DLC) the best way I've found to find a rough 'average' is to go to the game, go to the '100% Club', and look at the 50th place entry in the 'Fastest' times. 

the top ones will be speed runners and the likes, but down around 50th will usually be on the 'fast-side of average.'

(assuming the game doesn't have auto pop options, has well over 50 players completed, and doesn't have known glitches etc.)

Thank you! I will definitely check that out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

@HeyaBen i was just saying this site doesn't need to impliment anything of the sort. There are enough resources around. Thats all.

Glad to have helped 

Agree to disagree. This website hasn't had any features outside of PS5 support since 2018. There are many half finished features and things that could be implemented. 

17 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Agree to disagree. This website hasn't had any features outside of PS5 support since 2018. There are many half finished features and things that could be implemented. 

can you list some of them?

hey @DaivRules

i find psnp is great the way it is, maybe better sorting for game sessions so you can split it further between: Trophy hunt, Share Play, Assistance beating so and so, just for fun. etc.

is that possible? cause I'd be super happy if someone shitkicked The Messiah for me in Guilty Gear Strive hahaa

19 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

can you list some of them?

hey @DaivRules

i find psnp is great the way it is, maybe better sorting for game sessions so you can split it further between: Trophy hunt, Share Play, Assistance beating so and so, just for fun. etc.

is that possible? cause I'd be super happy if someone shitkicked The Messiah for me in Guilty Gear Strive hahaa

-Gamer feedback and review system half implemented and not working.

-Ps5 icons not fully supported

-Ability to filter game sessions  and filter out already platinumed games.

-cusotm leaderboards/seasonal leaderboards.

-friend feed

I think psnprofiles has a nice UI but it has been abandoned over the last few years by the dev which is a shame because it's so close to perfection.

Edited by Dan-lives-here

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this above but if they have then fair enough. But, the only two problems with having an average Platinum time is that the time wouldn’t be true and accurate and it depends on many factors. If it was average Platinum time of the top 50 then that would be fine and players can take into account how long it would take them roughly depending on their play style whether speed run or not.

However, if this includes everyone that’s ever played the game and players are taking their time for example days to weeks for a Platinum that takes a couple hours, then you would know that the average Plat time would be a lot higher than it should it be. So if I was to look at a game and think okay this will take me two hours but in fact only took me half an hour then it’s a bit shit to think that it would take that long in the first place. 

But as mentioned, if it’s top 50 players, then by all means the average Plat time would be a lot more accurate. For myself, because I typically try and speed run games and have come first in quite a few games acquiring the Plat in the fastest time, I usually go off of like the top 25 and that’s how I dictate how long it may roughly take me to earn the Platinum

• Like 1