A Plague Tale Innocence Remastered confirmed for PS5

It was already rumored, that we might get a ps5 remaster of 2019's A Plague Tale Innocence, but now it's been officially announced yesterday. 

Game will release on July 6th on PS5 alongside Xbox Series consoles. The original rumor mentioned a free PS+ release in July but there hasn't been said anything about that or a free last gen to next gen upgrade yet.

Since this game was one of the best games of 2019 (in my opinion), i can't wait to play it again!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, westersburg said:

The original rumor mentioned a free PS+ release

That's still probably the case. Wasted month for PS5 if it's happens to be true. The game is overrated mess and one of the worst I've played in recent years. 

• Like 2

Our opinions seem to divide a lot. There's no depth in combat gameplay, that's pretty much the biggest issue for me in this game. Reminded me a lot of TLOU1 especially the brother>sister relationship compared to joel and ellie. Game ran well on base ps4, no problems there and the length was also pretty decent. What were your problems with this?

8 minutes ago, westersburg said:

What were your problems with this?

Underdeveloped relationships between our two heroes. The whole rat-zerg-hive thing. It would be much better more grounded in reality, imo. I heard a lot of good things about the game and went in blind and didn't expect to see a rat-geysers, rat-tornadoes, rat-gundam and so forth. 

Honestly, it was pretty decent and tolerable until chapter 12 or so. Then the game and story jumped the giant shark and lost me completely. The grand finale showdown is hilarious. 

Edited by Akrioz

5 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

To anybody on the fence playing this, just straight up ignore this. I understand, not everybody has to like every game but calling it an overrated mess being one of the worst in recent years? Hard to take this seriously.

Anyway, for me, it was the biggest surprise of 2019. Great game!

I agree with you, it was a big surpre for me and I ended up enjoying it A LOT!!

Can't wait for the announcsed sequel on 2022 

• Like 1

That's great!

A real little gem of a game - rough around some edges, but makes up for that with a lot of heart, some great visuals, an unusual (and well-researched) setting in medieval provincial France, some great voice work (I played in french, for authenticity, using English subs - which I recommend BTW), and some really cool effects with regards to the rat swarms etc.

Stealth is fairly basic, but not bad, and the main character is likeable and interesting, and her relationship with her brother and other people pretty well realised.

Anyone on the fence should give it a try - I'd imagine they will be as pleasantly surprised as I was.

2 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

calling it an overrated mess being one of the worst in recent years?

One of the worst I've played. Well, I try not to play dead on arrival games like Left Alive, Anthem, Marvel's Avengers or some straight up garbage. So our milage may vary in this regard. 

People tend to call this game underrated, but in my experience the reception is mostly positive and it's hard to see as such. There is just too much people calling it underrated at this point. So, it's the opposite for me. 
The game is bare bones in terms of gameplay. A lot of undercooked mechanics, a lot of wasted potential. I would turned blind eye on this if the story was any good, but it just isn't. It turns into b-movie tier trash at the last third. 

Some people tend to say: "Well, it's low-budget game, what did you expect?" Well, I dunno, a good game? There are dozens of great indies out there that doesn't need that excuse. 

Anyway, I seem to be in the minority, so, I hope everyone would not be as dissapointed as I was. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

People tend to call this game underrated, but in my experience the reception is mostly positive and it's hard to see as such. There is just too much people calling it underrated at this point. 

While I vehemently disagree with your actual assessment of the game - I do think there is some truth to this part.

The game was met with pretty wide critical acclaim upon release, and is widely beloved by fans in the community - I think the biggest thing with it not that it was 'under-appreciated' or 'underrated' , but rather under-anticipated.

No one seemed to see the game coming.

Prior to release, no one expected it to be anywhere near as big, interesting or polished as it was - I think most folks (myself included) were expecting, at best, a few-hours long, fairly last-Gen feeling walk-a-thon.

When it came out, and was a full-length, fully (and well) voice acted, well researched and - at times - very beautiful and quite technically accomplished game (even in the lower-budget sphere) - certainly far more than anyone expected - it caught a lot of people off guard, and so, in addition to it's good aspects, it also rode a wave of 'low-expectations', so where it did things well, they were not just good - they were surprisingly good. That can count fora lot.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

One of the worst I've played. Well, I try not to play dead on arrival games like Left Alive, Anthem, Marvel's Avengers or some straight up garbage. So our milage may vary in this regard. 

People tend to call this game underrated, but in my experience the reception is mostly positive and it's hard to see as such. There is just too much people calling it underrated at this point. So, it's the opposite for me. 
The game is bare bones in terms of gameplay. A lot of undercooked mechanics, a lot of wasted potential. I would turned blind eye on this if the story was any good, but it just isn't. It turns into b-movie tier trash at the last third. 

Some people tend to say: "Well, it's low-budget game, what did you expect?" Well, I dunno, a good game? There are dozens of great indies out there that doesn't need that excuse. 

Anyway, I seem to be in the minority, so, I hope everyone would not be as dissapointed as I was. 

I agree with you that i prefered the majority of the game where it was mostly grounded in reality. That turn was really weird and im a bit skeptical it will be even crazier in the sequel but that didn't ruin the first one for me.

Played this game this year after putting it off for so long, apart from the weird boss that was placed at the end of the game I really enjoyed this and was annoyed at myself for putting it off for so long, now I wonder if the glitch for the crafting trophy is still in or not xD