The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

On 6/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, njoy1987 said:

I've tried deleting the game and downloading it again, using previous save - did not work.

Also tried deleting cache and then downloading previous save - did not work.

Ticket to Deepsilver sent.

Then I wont even try doing the cache thing myself. Sending a ticket as well. 

Edit: I got a generic response.

It's an email that almost appears automated saying to update system software, backup your saves, reset cache, and download them again. Then to power down the console and try again. I am replying saying its software related and nothing to do with troubleshooting the console.

Edited by psycho_clank314
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Then I wont even try doing the cache thing myself. Sending a ticket as well. 

Edit: I just got the most bullshit response.

It's an email that almost appears automated saying to update system software, backup your saves, reset cache, and download them again. Then to power down the console and try again. I am replying saying its software related and nothing to do with troubleshooting the console. What a load of shit saying it's on our end lol

5 minutes ago, njoy1987 said:

Received exact same template response ;)

I've also asked my friend to install the game through my profile on his PS5 and use my save. Will update you if it worked

Ask them (nicely) if they would send the ticket to devs at 4A Games as the people responding are not affiliated with the actual game.

Yeah this is what I was told to do:

Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.

Select Update Using Internet.
Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Automatic Updates.
Turn on Auto-Download or Auto-Install in Rest Mode.

Then please backup your saves, reinstall the game, and clear the PS5 cache:

Fully power down your PlayStation 5.
Wait for the lights on your PlayStation 5 to turn off completely.
Unplug the power cord from the back of your PlayStation 5.
Wait one to two minutes.
Plug the power cord back into your PlayStation 5.

I have replied asking them to send the ticket through to 4A Games as me and a lot of other people are having some issues with trophies/achievements not unlocking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DharmaDan- said:

Yeah this is what I was told to do:

Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.

Select Update Using Internet.
Go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Automatic Updates.
Turn on Auto-Download or Auto-Install in Rest Mode.

Then please backup your saves, reinstall the game, and clear the PS5 cache:

Fully power down your PlayStation 5.
Wait for the lights on your PlayStation 5 to turn off completely.
Unplug the power cord from the back of your PlayStation 5.
Wait one to two minutes.
Plug the power cord back into your PlayStation 5.

I have replied asking them to send the ticket through to 4A Games as me and a lot of other people are having some issues with trophies/achievements not unlocking.

I'm not doing all of that for two trophies lol. Not to mention the game is like 70 gb. I'm not downloading it again that took all fucking night,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

I'm not doing all of that for two trophies lol. Not to mention the game is like 70 gb. I'm not downloading it again that took all fucking night,

Lucky enough I do have 350mbps internet but I really doubt re-installing the game will have any effect but worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

@DharmaDan-

did you reload any saves? I did for the last encounter, to a save prior to the fight and trophy did not pop.

I did try that but then gave up and deleted my saves and started fresh and still didn't work. Also reloaded my new save and still didn't work. I give up now, I have messaged 4A Games on Twitter and sent them an Email.

Edited by DharmaDan-

13 minutes ago, DharmaDan- said:

I did try that but then gave up and deleted my saves and started fresh and still didn't work. Also reloaded my new save and still didn't work. I give up now, I have messaged 4A Games on Twitter and sent them an Email.

That's not what I meant. Did you die and reload any save? Because guide says reloading save doesn't work but a save prior to the fight, it does. I did die on the last encounter and reloaded to a save I thought it was prior to the encounter but I guess that negated the trophy regardless.

3 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

That's not what I meant. Did you die and reload any save? Because guide says reloading save doesn't work but a save prior to the fight, it does. I did die on the last encounter and reloaded to a save I thought it was prior to the encounter but I guess that negated the trophy regardless.

Nope on my last 2 playthroughs I did not die, in fact I did not die once on my third playthrough!

9 hours ago, DharmaDan- said:

If anyone else is having problems with trophies, please E-Mail 4A Games: [email protected]

Also DM them on Twitter @4AGames

If enough people contact them, maybe they will be able to fix this.

I am fairly sure the ticket I submitted got forwarded to the devs. After the generic response I let them know I think it's a software bug and they asked me a few questions regarding where at in the game, what did I do, and what was the expected result. I'll also email them directly with the details as it can't hurt. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

I’m starting to think that obtaining Untouchable trophy soft locks you out of being able to unlock The Last Hero and A Man of Principle. Maybe a mistake with there if else conditions in the code.

If so, then new run (with a reinstall and an empty save) would help I think, but it not....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

I’m starting to think that obtaining Untouchable trophy soft locks you out of being able to unlock The Last Hero and A Man of Principle. Maybe a mistake with there if else conditions in the code.

can't be, i got all three together. all of them popped together at the end of sam's story for me.

i get the feeling the problem has to do with the way the game tracks progression for trophies for both dlc's. there are lots of reports of glitched trophies and they're all for the dlc's.

6 hours ago, DharmaDan- said:

Already tried fresh install and new saves. Didn't work 1f62b.png

That can only mean there's a common save bug that prevents these trophies from unlocking. The bug must occur sometime between the creation of the new save to completion of the chapter and if the bug triggers it prevents the trophy even if you have backup saves. Only if you're lucky does the bug not occur and it has nothing to do with the system itself or clearing cache.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

That can only mean there's a common save bug that prevents these trophies from unlocking. The bug must occur sometime between the creation of the new save to completion of the chapter and if the bug triggers it prevents the trophy even if you have backup saves. Only if you're lucky does the bug not occur and it has nothing to do with the system itself or clearing cache.

The problem was I never died once throughout the whole DLC and I only had to re-load my save once because of a bug where my character didn't use his radio and got stuck in this room after the sniper section. Maybe If I get through the whole DLC on a fresh save without dying or reloading it might work?

On 6/28/2021 at 4:44 AM, fesloe said:

can't be, i got all three together. all of them popped together at the end of sam's story for me.

i get the feeling the problem has to do with the way the game tracks progression for trophies for both dlc's. there are lots of reports of glitched trophies and they're all for the dlc's.

Are you using disc or digital for the PS5 version?  And I mean the actual PS5 disc version and not the upgrade from the PS4 disc.

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

Are you using disc or digital for the PS5 version?  And I mean the actual PS5 disc version and not the upgrade from the PS4 disc.

Not relevant to this discussion... but I have the PS4 physical version of the game and downloaded the free digital PS5 version this way.