Accidentally bought PAL version

Saw that the ps4 version was cheap on amazon, so I figured I would buy the ps4 physical copy and upgrade to the ps5 version for free.

However, when it arrived I realized that it was the PAL version and I am in the US. 

Will I be able to play this on my PS5? Will it affect trophies in any way, and will the upgrade to the ps5 version be the PAL ps5 version?

8 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Everything should be fine, but you may need a PAL/EU account to upgrade to the PS5 version.

Thanks--makes sense why it was so cheap then. The US/NTSC versions seem to be very rare.  Ps4 copies are going for more than the ps5 versions.

Might still be worth grabbing an NTSC ps4 copy for $60.

On 02/07/2021 at 3:59 PM, bendermac said:

Why is the US version so expensive? I just checked ebay.com and the prices are nuts 1f632.png

Likely due to the amount produced.

NTSC is used mostly in North America, Japan, South Korea, and some South American countries…etc

Whereas PAL is used by Most of Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, some South American countries…etc 

So all together, PAL is more common. So it stands to reason there would be more PAL copies. More copies means it doesn’t go up in price as much. Less copies and people begin to start jacking up prices. 

Was the same with the Godzilla game on PS4.. I picked that up on sale for £15 a month or two after release. Now they sell for £100-£130 easily. Not because it’s a hood game, but because there’s not many copies.

Thankfully these days region rarely matters, and consoles are mostly region free. Having to buy a top-up card to buy things from other regions is a slight annoyance at times. But it’s not hard to do. I’ve done it enough now that I know where to safely get cards from instantly.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great

This game was developed by a Studio in Europe. Add one dose of publisher anxiety on costs for distribution and you get a rare physical release in the USA, where this game would sell quite a bit if some gaming sites gave more honest and fair reviews instead of covering the same overly hyped crap.

I'm not mad I can't find a decent physical copy. No. not at all. or that I missed the PS5 limited run edition. >.>

38 minutes ago, bendermac said:

btw, there is no PAL or NTSC anymore for games. It died with XBOX360 and PS3 ;)

Doesn't matter, It's still what everyone calls the different regions.

Everyone is used to saying PAL instead of region 2 or NTSC instead of region 1, etc.

Edited by x7eight