Is Boosting Trophies for this game even possible anymore?

AnthropicApostle

I’m curious because I want to 100% this game on PlayStation but the barriers to boosting are extremely tough to get through. In fact, leaving a group before joining the same game just puts you on the same team. I really do wonder if it’s even possible to boost trophies anymore. And if there is, how do you do it? 

They just activated cross-play for all platforms a week ago, so maybe an option exists to turn it off which very few people would be using? That's the way people boost in other games like PUBG and DBD.

From my understanding cross-play in Quick Mode is all platforms and ranked still separates PC and consoles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 10:58 PM, mcnichoj said:

They just activated cross-play for all platforms a week ago, so maybe an option exists to turn it off which very few people would be using? That's the way people boost in other games like PUBG and DBD.

From my understanding cross-play in Quick Mode is all platforms and ranked still separates PC and consoles.

Yeah I noticed they added cross-play, i guess you can't login to your blizzard account on psn, right? I don't know how it works. If it did that would be pretty cool if you could sync your pc account to psn and have the trophies pop.

On 01/07/2021 at 6:49 AM, AnthropicApostle said:

I’m curious because I want to 100% this game on PlayStation but the barriers to boosting are extremely tough to get through. In fact, leaving a group before joining the same game just puts you on the same team. I really do wonder if it’s even possible to boost trophies anymore. And if there is, how do you do it? 

I boosted alot of the difficult ones, we did it as 6 man groups, took us about 4 months of doing it every Sunday to get all the trophies

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ChristSupremacy said:

Yeah I noticed they added cross-play, i guess you can't login to your blizzard account on psn, right? I don't know how it works. If it did that would be pretty cool if you could sync your pc account to psn and have the trophies pop.

"No. While cross-play will allow you to group up with friends using other systems, no progress and collection content will carry over between sessions on different systems."

As per their cross-play news article: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/23684155/

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, cbh114 said:

I boosted alot of the difficult ones, we did it as 6 man groups, took us about 4 months of doing it every Sunday to get all the trophies

damn. might has well have played it legit u would've finished before that lol

55 minutes ago, cbh114 said:

If you've played Overwatch, you know that would never happen

I've been playing overwatch daily since 2016. have about 2500 hours played. am in the top 50 first 100% achievers. got the plat in 73 hours, over a 2 week period.

like I said.. u could've played it legit and finished it faster lol

• 2 months later...

What is the boosting process like these days? There is a boosting guide on here but it was last updated in 2018. That one claims you and the ones you're boosting with all need to be searching for a game, and then leaving it as soon as you find one, which would get you placed on different teams. You then invite each other and spectate until the randoms leave. It also makes it sound really obnoxious with there being a lot of ways the game can end/you can be kicked, if the game suspects you're not activiely playing a match for a certain amount of time. Is it easier now than it was then, or is it still the same? 

• 5 months later...
On 30/6/2021 at 10:49 PM, AnthropicApostle said:

its  possible dexexe has a relly good server on discord to boost trophies also cross play is disabled so its possible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/08/2021 at 3:51 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

I've been playing overwatch daily since 2016. have about 2500 hours played. am in the top 50 first 100% achievers. got the plat in 73 hours, over a 2 week period.

like I said.. u could've played it legit and finished it faster lol

Meanwhile I have like 150 hours on zenyada and no rapid discord ?. I gave up years ago, my last trophy but I'll never get it. 

• Like 2