The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

59 minutes ago, RabbiAndy said:

What are everyone's thoughts on the premiere? I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel like a premiere. It felt more like a buildup episode right before a finale.

It was pretty much what I was expecting. I was hoping they'd do something cool for the 100th but what can ya do lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2017 at 0:56 AM, jackmadrox said:

Really digging the season so far. I don't want to post any spoilers, but man, isn't Daryl becoming a tad cold and unhinged?

Definitely, I actually like it. It's the way he should be after what Negan has put him through. What I don't like is the dirty looks Rick keeps shooting at him. My favorite part of the series is the bond those two share and those dirty looks worry me =/

On 11/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, KingGuy420 said:

Definitely, I actually like it. It's the way he should be after what Negan has put him through. What I don't like is the dirty looks Rick keeps shooting at him. My favorite part of the series is the bond those two share and those dirty looks worry me =/

Rick sees it. Daryl's becoming unhinged. But on the other hand, they are at war. And after killing Abraham and Glenn in the way that Negan did, it's defintley personal. There's no room for mercy in war.

2 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Rick sees it. Daryl's becoming unhinged. But on the other hand, they are at war. And after killing Abraham and Glenn in the way that Negan did, it's defintley personal. There's no room for mercy in war.

Bingo. Daryl summed up his attitude pretty good with that one line... "don't matter, not one bit". Lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 11:53 PM, KingGuy420 said:

Bingo. Daryl summed up his attitude pretty good with that one line... "don't matter, not one bit". Lol.

Loved that line.  Can't wait to see Daryl open up a can... scratch that, make it a 40 of whoop ass.  Just imagine how he is after being forced to watch Abraham and Glenn get Lucilled, then being held captive for awhile.

Episode 8.6 was kinda slow paced but it ended well.

Spoiler

Rosita wastes a Saviour with a RPG.  A bit later, another Saviour tries to get the Fat Lady on the road. Daryl brings in a garbage truck to give it a side-on trashing.  No one's singing now. Hopefully this is a sign of what's to come. 

Now I'm wondering, are the Scavengers some remnant of Terminus?  When Jadis had Rick thrown into a crate, she drew that "A" emblem on it.  Coincidence?  I think not.

• Like 1

So I am curious to see how the situation with Eugene and Dwight will play out because it seems that Dwight is taking advantage of Eugene's aloof nature. I like seeing him take charge because if I were in his situation, I'd be tired of putting up with Negan's arrogance. If Eugene doesn't make the right choice, he could find himself in dire straits knowing that Negan's pride could very well come before his fall. He may not find himself dead, but he doesn't have as much control as he thinks he does. Dwight's dominance over Eugene is quite a contrast in terms of Rick's submissiveness towards Jadis and the Scavengers.

Watched 8.7 and it was good.  I don't care what Rick thinks of Daryl's actions- let Daryl keep doing it his way.  The Saviours need a good thrashing.

Spoiler

Daryl takes the garbage truck to the Sanctuary, and smashes a hole in it to let some walkers in to besiege the Saviours.  Eugene slaps Sasha's iPod on a glider in an attempt to lure the walkers away.  Dwight doesn't care for that plan and shoots it down. 

Rick is let out of the crate but it's because Jadis wants to kill him with the Pole Walker.  Rick tears its head off, gets free from Jadis, and now controls the negotiations- offering the Scavengers a choice between death or a fourth of the Sanctuary's supplies.  Looks like they'll fight together with the Alexandrians but I still don't trust Jadis.  You never know if she'll try to take all in the end.

Rick is terrified as he finds one of his snipers dead, and the Sanctuary clear of walkers.

And now, that's it til February. The mid-season finale was not bad.

Spoiler

Negan comes knocking at the gate. Carl has a word with him. The Saviours bomb Alexandria to hell. Daryl's team attacks a Saviour group, including Dwight who gets shot in the arm. An enraged Maggie executes the prisoner Dean, sticks him in a box, and writes a threatening message on it to the Saviours. Dwight switches sides, seeming to have a genuine vendetta against Negan. Ezekiel gives himself up even as Carol tells him not to. Could Eugene have regrets about joining the Saviours? Rick goes inside the house & gets jumped by Negan. During the fight Rick actually takes hold of Lucille, & Negan is fucking pissed about that. Rick escapes out the window. Michonne is grabbed by a Saviour, but gets free, stabbing him through the eye and then hacking away. Looks like he saw the point quite clearly.
Rick and the Alexandrians are on the run now. Right at the end, Rick & Michonne realize Carl has been bit. Damn.

As much as it sucks to lose a major character, those episodes are always so damn good. I don't know what it is but it's like writers really put their heart and soul into those episodes. Hell, Beth's death is still my favorite episode and I liked her character a lot lol.

Kinda wish this characters death had of been a little more climactic but I thought it was OK. Hopefully episode 9 will be full of great moments centered around the death.

I was afraid that someone was going to go down, and it was not who I'd have expected.  "Something shocking" sure did happen.

Back in 7.1, Negan putting Lucille to work made for one hell of a tragic episode.  The remaining Alexandrians' reactions to the 2 deaths and Daryl getting taken hostage sure gave this one a wallop.

Can't wait to see Daryl back on the warpath.

Getting bit by a zombie at this point is such a lame way to go, shocking or not. I would have rather Negan did kill him, and added more fuel to Rick's fire. I don't know what to think about this show, anymore.. And the fact that this clown is taking over Fear has me worried that will go downhill fast, going forward. 

I can think of one way to possibly save it, though. After Negan, the comic has a timeskip. If that happened in the show, and we got an older, badass Judith, Carl dying might not be the end of the world. 

• Like 1

I agree.  Walkers are losing their scare value, and TWD is more like "Fear the Living" right now.  Having Carl get ambushed by Negan and Lucilled while pulling the distraction would've made things more interesting, especially if Rick or Michonne saw it.  They'd be even more lit up than Daryl is at the moment.  Ka-boom.

Chandler Riggs said that 8.09 will be about Carl trying in his final moments to teach Rick about what he's learned, and trying to convince him not to kill every Saviour because there's still good people around.

What if Jadis were to try reneging on her supposed deal with Rick?  I would not doubt this happening. She simply can't be trusted.

Well I just watched the entire Walking Dead marathon (from season 7 to mid season 8) on AMC on Sunday. This was good as I haven't seen any of season 8 as it's not on Netflix yet.

But man I did miss alot this seasons and I'm got alot to discuss.

Spoiler

First of all, I did not expect Negan to have that many men at the end, even with the the alliance of the hilltop and the kingdom, Rick and the gang are still outnumbered and had to pick off Saviors bit by bit, but they still had too many people outside when Negan and his counsel were trapped. Guess they need to attack more outpost.

Also I love how they just gloss over the fact that Daryl just killed Morales (I didn't recognize him first, but he was with Rick group way back in Seasons 1) without a second though, I mean yeah he was a poorly develop character, but like Morgan, the show could have taken advantage of him, but no, let's move on.

Is Alexandria really gone? like burn to the ground by the Saviors. I mean on one hand, it not as massive lost as the Prison from season 4, because it feels like so many members died recently (mostly in season 6, but this season didn't help either). But is Rick and the gang going back on foot now? are they going to rebuild Alexandria, or just move to the hilltop with Maggie.

Although the Walkers are still here, it is true that they feel lest of a threat than they were earlier in the show starts, usually the gang are focusing on Negan and the Saviors rather than protection from the walkers, in one way, it kind of fitting that Carl might die from his infection rather than murdered by Negan. Speaking of infection, how did Gabriel got bitten? I must have miss that.

And at the end of the episode, when its revealed that Carl is bitten. I have a feeling that he might be immune and won't turn, but he think he will. But if he does, he'll be dead/turn before the end of season 8, hopefully it won't be as useless as Sasha death in the end of season 7.

Also F$%K the Scavengers. Why are they crazy and oblivious to the dangers of the walkers and the saviors? why are they helping the saviors? or better yet, why did Rick trusted them so quickly?

Edited by Pershing24

@Pershing24 

I don't feel like they glossed over the Daryl / Morales thing. Daryl summed it up pretty well with the "don't matter, not one bit" line. That moment really showed just how badly Daryl wants this win. I don't think the impact would've been the same with a nameless savior.

As for are they going back on the road, it's doubtful. In the comics they rebuild... but who knows at this point lol.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 4:31 PM, KingGuy420 said:

@Pershing24 

I don't feel like they glossed over the Daryl / Morales thing. Daryl summed it up pretty well with the "don't matter, not one bit" line. That moment really showed just how badly Daryl wants this win. I don't think the impact would've been the same with a nameless savior.

As for are they going back on the road, it's doubtful. In the comics they rebuild... but who knows at this point lol.

Good luck rebuilding from this.  The Saviors totally left Alexandria FUBAR.  It'll take a miracle.

How bad was it in the comics?

• 2 months later...

I already covered all my thoughts about today's episode in my status update, before I realised this thread existed haha. So, I guess I'll just paste my thoughts into here, with some added comments (now that I have more space :awesome:).

THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 8 EPISODE 9 "HONOR"

Spoiler

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK??????????? That was a mess of a premiere! I appreciate the extended episode too, but as always, AMC did not follow up on their promised eighty two minute episode. Instead, we just got a fifty two minute long episode. Fifty two minutes of several time-lapses into the future and past, over and over. This was pretty hard for me to follow, or even understand. Carl's death was big, but then they drop the bombshell that is the last second of today's episode and it's like... Carl's death doesn't even matter anymore apparently?

Carl died for the group. He died peacefully, bestowing upon his wishes to all. Stay human. But that last scene, Rick's death? It means whatever happened, Rick failed and there's still the imminent danger of Negan or possibly even a new antagonist all together. The cycle continues, andddd The Walking Dead is at the same stage it always has been. Find a new place to stay, establish an enemy in the area, start an entire season of unnecessary fighting between the two communities, lose that community, start again. This is an overused trope from the series, and it's getting pretty boring to watch now. I know what you're all thinking, why am I even still watching then? Well, despite how downhill the series has gone, The Walking Dead has been a major part of my life and I can't just give up on it when it turns bad. I like to stay loyal to my favourite series, no matter how bad they turn.

The cow that is The Walking Dead has had enough milking AMC, end it at Season 8 please. While it's still somewhat okay. I'd prefer it ending on a somewhat okay note, rather than a bad one. And let's be real, this series has overstayed its welcome, as clear by how the story has died down over the years. I haven't read the comics before, and probably won't for a while. So, I don't know what happens at this point in the comics. Perhaps that wasn't Rick's death we got a little look at, and maybe it was just something else. But even so, I think it would be a smart move for the show side of the series to end.

• Like 1

It was cool to see Morgan start kicking some ass.  Kind of a break from all the flashbacks & dream sequences.

I know it has to end sometime, but at least get to season 10.  If it turns out Rick does die, I think Daryl could work as a new leader for the group.  A 9th season is happening, but maybe without Maggie.  Lauren Cohan is not satisfied with the salary offers that AMC has made.  She's booked for a lead in ABC's Whiskey Cavalier.

18 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

It was cool to see Morgan start kicking some ass.  Kind of a break from all the flashbacks & dream sequences.

I know it has to end sometime, but at least get to season 10.  If it turns out Rick does die, I think Daryl could work as a new leader for the group.  A 9th season is happening, but maybe without Maggie.  Lauren Cohan is not satisfied with the salary offers that AMC has made.  She's booked for a lead in ABC's Whiskey Cavalier.

Not sure if I should be spoiler tagging in this thread or not, but I'll do it anyway just to be safe.

Spoiler

Morgan needs to get his shit together. He's been super bipolar since he returned and it's getting annoying to watch. I don't like the idea of Henry (is that his name?) stepping up as well, he's like 11 years old. I hope they're not trying to fill the void of Carl with him, because that's a lame choice of predecessor. Nobody could ever replace Carl, he was one of a kind.

God no, the show started feeling blank at Season 4. And since then, it's barely even been holding on. Having two more Seasons after this one is just overkill. Do you have a source on a confirmed Season 9? Because I can't seem to find any concrete information on that. And judging from all of the drama that has been happening within the cast / AMC, I would assume Season 8 is the end. I mean, that final scene of this week's episode is proof enough to assume the show is coming to an end, right?