The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

On 11/5/2018 at 4:03 PM, gameoverDude189 said:

On Talking Dead, they mentioned something about feature length films being planned for the franchise- which are supposed to feature Rick, wherever it is he ends up.  So even if he's not coming back to the main series, at least his story should be resolved.

I felt a lot better about the episode once I learned about the films.  The idea that they'd leave Ricks future open-ended in the way that it looked like they did didn't sit well with me at all.

Works out nicely for everyone... Andrew Lincoln gets to spend more time with his family like he reportedly wanted (since it's probably easier to allocate time for a few movies than it is to be available for 9-10 years of a perpertually evolving television show), AMC gets more Walking Dead to push, and fans hopefully get a more adequate resolution to Ricks story.

Edited by Dreakon13

Just saw 9-06, "Who Are You Now?".  This picks up right after the time jump, with the group that Judith saved being brought in.  Michonne is taking over for Rick, & has to decide whether or not to admit them.  Even without Rick, TWD is doing fine.  I'll keep watching.

Spoiler

A woman is crying for help in an alley.  Henry takes off to save her & Carol follows... this turns out to be a trap!  Jed & some of the Saviours ambush the 2 of them.  He wants Carol's ring along with some other stuff.  Henry gets hurt trying to fight back, & Carol turns that ring over.

That night, the Saviours will meet their match when Carol pays them a visit.

Near the end, this one brings another meaning to "Talking Dead".  Just 2 episodes are left til the mid-season finale.

Yeah, I was so glad to see Dog.  I wouldn't mind seeing him kick some ass also... maybe go total Shiva on a Whisperer or two.

Do not kill Dog, damnit! 

What's with the X-shaped scar on Daryl's back (& also Michonne's)?  I heard a walker growl that sounded like "Let's get them!".  Shit's probably going to get real next Sunday before they go on winter break.

Some of the walkers acted a little different in the mid-season 9 finale. A few of them seemed a lot smarter.  Yeah, something serious goes down near the end.

Spoiler

One of the walkers really wasn't that at all.  When was the last time you saw a walker grab someone's sword & stab them with it?  As Daryl rips the face off one of the dead walkers, it comes off like a mask, & reveals a human's face.  The Whisperers have shown up & Jesus is their first victim.

• 2 months later...

Just saw the mid-season premiere of TWD & it was good. 

Spoiler

Daryl & his group encounter some Whisperers then wipe them out except for a teenage girl who surrenders.  She's Lydia.  Later on after being locked up, Lydia was interrogated by Michonne & Daryl.  With her being a tearful wreck, they couldn't get anything worthwhile from her.

Negan goes home to the Sanctuary & whistles that Saviors song.

Michonne will be a recurring character in season 10 rather than a regular, & that will be her final season.  I am bummed.  Please do not let her get killed off... when she leaves, have it be because she's gone off to search for Rick.  Hopefully in one of those feature films they'll be back together.

What if some of the Alexandrians tried dressing in walker skins to confuse the Whisperers?  Just wondering.

Is it just me or does having a southern accent make Alpha a lot less badass?

And why the fuck did they take "Lydia's being raped by every guy in their group, we absolutely have to protect her" and change it to "Lydia is being hit with a stick, we absolutely have to protect her". Like... What?

I love the Whisperer arc, and I still have high hopes for it, but it's off to a rough start lol

41 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

And why the fuck did they take "Lydia's being raped by every guy in their group, we absolutely have to protect her" and change it to "Lydia is being hit with a stick, we absolutely have to protect her". Like... What?

Haven't read the comics in awhile, but sounds like your typical "toning it down" for TV. Not the first time the show has done this. 

• Like 2

Just now, DamagingRob said:

Haven't read the comics in awhile, but sounds like your typical "toning it down" for TV. Not the first time the show has done this. 

Yeah you're right about that. Judith still being alive is a good example of it lol. Just seems to cheapen Lydia's plight a little bit =/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Episode 9.14, "Scars", was good. So where did those X scars on Daryl & Michonne's backs come from? Now we know.

Spoiler

A series of flashbacks has then-pregnant Michonne & Daryl being captured by some unknown gang who kidnapped Judith. They are tied up by the wrists & end up being branded with that certain X. Later on they get free & Michonne goes all-out no holds barred. Even some kids attack her. They are cut down along with the rest of the gang. Unfortunately, one of the gang's kids has slashed Michonne in the stomach, which kills her unborn child. Back to the present where Michonne & Judith are fighting off walkers, Judith has a close call.

14 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Does Negan appear frequently in the new episodes? I stopped watching after Rick's departure and the only character that I can really see bringing me back to the show is Negan. 

Not really. He may get a bigger role eventually, but for now he's locked up. 

2 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

That's unfortunate. Hopefully they let him take over as the lead character eventually.

That could actually happen, at the rate they're losing people. Lol. Sounds like Michonne will be leaving next season, and some are probably going to die at the end of this one. 

SPOILER POST BELOW! 

So, about everyone who's heads wound up on the pike- the only shocking one was Tara. Everyone else was someone who didn't really matter. Enid was kind of a surprise, but who really cared about her anyways? Everyone else, I didn't even know their names. 

What a cold monster Alpha is... hopefully she doesn't get spared like Negan did. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Lydia were the one to take her out. She's got reason to be pissed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/03/01/amc-confirms-a-third-walking-dead-series-is-coming/#6bf8b17e6f87

A 3rd Walking Dead series is in active development. AMC has confirmed it. What if Negan becomes the hero of this?

https://www.thewrap.com/walking-dead-everyone-the-whisperers-just-killed/

Here's an article listing everyone who got piked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

What a cold monster Alpha is... hopefully she doesn't get spared like Negan did. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Lydia were the one to take her out. She's got reason to be pissed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/03/01/amc-confirms-a-third-walking-dead-series-is-coming/#6bf8b17e6f87

A 3rd Walking Dead series is in active development. AMC has confirmed it. What if Negan becomes the hero of this?

https://www.thewrap.com/walking-dead-everyone-the-whisperers-just-killed/

Here's an article listing everyone who got piked.

Some salvator still alive im not sure about Negan like a hero but im sure he will survive and if he could save people the only one he will save is the little girl. 

6 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

SPOILER POST BELOW! 

So, about everyone who's heads wound up on the pike- the only shocking one was Tara. Everyone else was someone who didn't really matter. Enid was kind of a surprise, but who really cared about her anyways? Everyone else, I didn't even know their names. 

I liked Enid way more than Tara. I always thought Tara was annoying and the girl playing her was a pretty crappy actress IMO.

And how could you not know Henry's name? He was basically the main character for the last 9 episodes lol. After the way they built that kid up, he was definitely the biggest surprise for me.

Actually, correction, Frankie was the biggest surprise for me. Not that she died, more that she was even still alive. I don't think they even showed her once this season.

I felt like Enid outlived her usefulness when they offed you know who.. Pairing her up with the guy that was looking to be Maggie's new love interest before she left, just felt creepy and weird to me. Lol. And yeah, Tara was never someone I really cared about.

The boy was definitely the biggest surprise for me. But it makes a lot of sense. I'm kinda surprised Carl didn't end up suffering the same fate in the comics.

I do have somewhat mixed feelings about the whole thing. On the one hand, I like that it was a big surprise to viewers. I had hoped they would have changed things like this earlier, when they did the Glenn fakeout.. But on the other hand, the deaths here feel less significant than the ones in the comic. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with a number of big names leaving, including the once star of the show. But still.. can't deny a lot of these deaths weren't a big deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

That's how it was in the comics too. There was 12 pikes in the book and only 2 of them really mattered. At least the show managed 3 out of 10 lol.

Lol. Fair enough. But I heard which two it was, and those would have had a greater impact on me personally. 

• Like 1