Memorable licensed music used in Video Games

Glorious Fury

Saints Row IV | Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. Meh game but that was a funny and well placed used of the track.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Just a bunch of songs that were definitive of the high octane attitude era of the mid-2000s.

On 8/4/2021 at 1:17 PM, RHGSniperFox said:

Starsailor's "Way To Fall" at the end of MGS3 - especially since it was added by accident due to Kojima mishearing "Stellastarr", and yet managed to work perfectly. Also every use of "Here's To You".

Keeping with the Kojima theme - Death Stranding has an amazing use of its licensed music from Low Roar & Silent Poets. The moments when you're trekking across the world and the sound drops out so that you can only really hear the song. (It also has a super good, synthwave-y OST of its own. Ludvig Forssell got to shine with it more than in MGSV.)

Getting away from Kojima, though - I love the way DiRT 5 uses 3D audio to pump the music into the track you're racing on. The way it actually sounds like it's playing through speakers in the environment. Also, it features Pearl Jam, so I instantly like it.

There's also that very specific moment in CONTROL that I won't spoil - but those who know, know.

As far as licensed soundtracks that I just like: NFS Shift 2 does a lot with various amazing remixes of like 6 songs. Also a huge fan of the weirdly varied Amplitude soundtrack on PS2. DJ Hero 1 & 2 are also high on my list. THPS1 pretty much formed the basis of a lot of what I listen to today, too.

YESS Low Roar is now one of my most listened groups. It is sooo good in Death Stranding.

But you can't forget the FIFA/EA FC songs some real good music was put in the menu

In no order at all:

Gran Turismo 4-7

Life is Strange

Life is Strange Before the Storm

Need for Speed Underground 1&2

PES 2010-2013

FIFA 16 (I don't remember more but many of them until today have really good songs lol)

Wipeout Omega Collection

GTA: San Andreas and GTA V

I've got a shitload of memories playing GTA San Andreas on the PS2, mostly listening to K-DST and Radio X. Radio Los Santos and even K-Rose also had a lot of good songs.  Everytime I hear one of those songs brings me back to the good old days. I'm getting old because GTA San Andreas came out almost 20 years ago...