Sharing Is Caring? Post your last find...

Is this still such a difficult trophy to get?

Played the X360 version at release, got the achievement during natural play before even finishing sequence 3.

People say it was fixed in an update afterwards to spawn less frequently but I replayed the PS4 version years later; got the trophy during natural play before finishing the story (during sequence 10 this time).

Played a bunch of it in the past week to go for the platinum, didn't know about this thread but it's ridiculous how many chests I've discovered, and I saw whales and fleets a few times as well.

In 2 weeks I played every day the game.

I got white whales and fleet practically every day. But no chest at all!

But when I try to find how get this trophy, I found a lot of thread in different forum and people seem to have problem for getting it.

So I just share for helping people as there is not a lot of people playing this game now.

5 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

How does this trophy work when it's basically random?  It's not a community chest find is it? 

This is totally random.

Have a lot of friends playing the game is the best way to obtain the trophy but the game is 4 years old. 

It's why there some threads where players share there discoveries 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So from what i have seen this trophy sharing is caring is all over the place i haven't seen any social events at all so i contacted ubisoft and they told me that social events where no longer in the game and that the trophy was unobtainable but i have ppl who have gotten social events and just need 1 more to get the trophy so ima just keep tryn intell i get it hopefully

Decided to contact Ubisoft support myself via live-chat, as been having this issue myself with an alternate account. Got through to a guy named Joe, here's what he had to say:

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:02:15 PM): Hello, my name is Joe and I will be assisting you with your issue today. Please give me a moment to look over your case.
Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:04:22 PM): Unfortunately, the community events are no longer in game. Regretfully, the trophy for the event is not obtainable. I apologise for this.

Me (8/22/2017, 12:05:15 PM): i understand that community events are no longer available. However, those events subsided a long while ago and were separate to the social events...?

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:05:49 PM): Please bear with me a few moments while I speak to the Assassin's Creed team about this.

Me (8/22/2017, 12:05:57 PM): Social chests, white wales, convoys etc. Also, on the ps3 version, the trophy is still being obtained. Just yesterday in fact.

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:10:51 PM): Can you confirm if you are playing alone or if you have friends online playing also?

Me (8/22/2017, 12:12:00 PM): There are forums on many different websites so while i don't have any of my friends playing, there are people who are in a like-minded situation.

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:12:29 PM): I understand this, however the article on our support site suggest "They are very hard to spot if you are alone, but if you are connected and have friends their location will be shared with you, and vice versa. Notifications are sent and the event appears on the West Indies Map when somebody discovers it."

Me (8/22/2017, 12:13:18 PM): So, as far as you are aware, the social events are still on-going. Me and a few other people whom are playing just need to search harder, per se

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:14:10 PM): By the information on the support site, i'm under the impression you will need to be playing at the same time as your friends.

Me (8/22/2017, 12:16:53 PM): I was told it just makes it easier but shouldn't stop the events from appearing. The last time the trophy was earned on the ps4 version was the 10th of August so its been nearly two weeks thus far. While, i may not have scoured every inch of the map, it seems highly improbable that others haven't searched or been searching. Wouldn't you agree?  

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:20:00 PM): Please bear with me a few moments.

Me (8/22/2017, 12:23:02 PM): No problem, take your time. Just to let you know, the information i am getting about the trophy is from a site known as psnprofiles. It keeps track of all the latest achievers. I'll post the link below, if you'd like to take a look.  
Me (8/22/2017, 12:23:13 PM): https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2247-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/42-sharing-is-caring

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:23:41 PM): Thanks for providing that link. I have just spoken to the team about this and they have advised that it is still possible to complete these events. The event map, located here: http://imgur.com/kX36FgC can be used to find the events.
Please bear in mind the events cycle so if you cannot find an event in one location, please try another. If you are still having trouble with this, can you please get back to me on case 05084475 so we can investigate the issue?

Hope this helps. Sorry for the long post. :/

1 ora fa, LikelyAtol77563 ha detto:

Ha deciso di contattare il supporto Ubisoft tramite chat in diretta visto che ho avuto questo problema con un account alternativo. E 'arrivato un ragazzo di nome Joe, ecco cosa ha da dire:

Joe T (22/20/2017, 12:02:15 PM): Ciao, il mio nome è Joe e ti aiuterò oggi con il tuo problema. Mi prego di dare un momento per guardare oltre il tuo caso.
Joe T (20/20/2017, 12:04:22 PM): Purtroppo gli eventi della comunità non sono più in gioco. Purtroppo, il trofeo per l'evento non è ottenibile. Mi scuso per questo.

Me (20/20/2017, 12:05:15 PM): Capisco che le manifestazioni della comunità non sono più disponibili. Tuttavia, quegli eventi si sono svalutati molto tempo fa e sono stati separati da eventi sociali ...?

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:05:49 PM): Per favore, indica con me alcuni momenti mentre parlo alla squadra di Assassin's Creed su questo.

Io (20/20/2017, 12:05:57): Cestelli sociali, walesi bianchi, convogli ecc. Inoltre, sulla versione ps3, il trofeo sta ancora ottenendo. Proprio ieri, infatti.

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:10:51 PM): Puoi confermarmi se stai giocando da solo o se hai amici che giocano online anche?

Io (22/20/2017, 12:12:00 PM): Ci sono forum su diversi siti web diversi, quindi non ho amici dei miei amici, ci sono persone che sono in una situazione simile.

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:12:29 PM): lo capisco, ma l'articolo sul nostro sito di supporto suggerisce: "Sono molto difficili da individuare se sei sola ma se sei collegato e hai amici La posizione Le Notifiche vengono inviate e l'evento viene visualizzato sulla mappa delle Indie Occidentali quando qualcuno scopre ".

Io (22/28/2017, 12:13:18): Quindi, per quanto sappiate, le eventi sociali sono ancora in corso. Io e poche altre persone che suona hanno bisogno solo di cercare di più, di per sé

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:14:10 PM): Dalle informazioni sul sito di supporto, ho l'impressione che dovresti giocare contemporaneamente a tuoi amici.

Io (22/28/2017, 12:16:53): Mi è Stato Detto che lo Rende Più semplice, ma non dovrebbe impedire di Che Gli eventi appaiano. L'ultima volta che il trofeo è stato guadagnato sulla versione ps4 era il 10 agosto quindi è stato quasi due settimane finora. Mentre, forse non sono riuscito a scavare ogni centimetro della mappa, sembra molto improbabile che gli altri non abbiano cercato o cercato. Non saresti d'accordo?  

Joe T (20/20/2017, 12:20:00 PM): Prego con me qualche istante.

Io (22/20/2017, 12:23:02): Nessun problema, prendi il tuo tempo. Solo per farvi sapere, le informazioni che sto ottenendo circa il trofeo sono da un sito noto come psnprofiles. Tiene traccia di tutti i risultati più recenti. Posso inviare il link qui sotto, se vuoi dare un'occhiata.  
Me (20/20/2017, 12:23:13 PM): https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2247-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/42-sharing-is-caring

Joe T (8/22/2017, 12:23:41 PM): Grazie per aver fornito quel link. Ho appena parlato con la squadra e sono informato che è ancora possibile completare queste manifestazioni. La mappa degli eventi, situata qui: http://imgur.com/kX36FgC può essere utilizzato per trovare le manifestazioni.
Tieni presente il ciclo degli eventi, quindi se non riesci a trovare un evento in una posizione, prova un'altra. Se stai ancora avendo problemi con questo, ti prego di tornare da me nel caso 05084475 in modo da poter indagare la questione?

Spero che questo ti aiuti. Ci scusiamo per il lungo post. : /

Ciao
sto combattendo dal 10 agosto con supporto ubisoft. Dobbiamo fare qualcosa

2m7err4.jpg

http://it.tinypic.com/m/jzxgzc/2

Edited by Spide29

No one will find caskets, white whales and Real convoy blue and no one will be able to share them because community event are locked. Look in the menù/database/statistics. I contact every day the support Ubisoft: mail, Twitter and facebook. All people must to contact Ubisoft because this issue is incredible

Edited by Spide29

1 hour ago, Spide29 said:

No one will find caskets, white whales and Real convoy blue and no one will be able to share them because community event are locked. Look in the menù/database/statistics. I contact every day the support Ubisoft: mail, Twitter and facebook. All people must to contact Ubisoft because this issue is incredible

are community event locked? are you sure?

Just to clarify, community events and the caskets, whales and convoys needed for the sharing is caring trophy are two separate things. Community Events were timed missions in which you competed with/ against fellow gamers and received rewards. These have sadly been discontinued and are no longer available as stated in the Ubisoft support link below. Also stated in the link below, it that it should not stop you from achieving 100% completion or achieving all trophies or achievements.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000027469/Community-Events-and-Game-progress-AC4

Caskets/Chests, whales and convoys on the other hand are known as social sharing or social events. These are random events which spawn on the map for an allocated time. These are extremely rare and seem to be, that for the ps4 version at least, that the spawn rates are abysmal. Please see the guide here on psnprofiles. This is not my guide, all credit goes to SlyCooperFan100. Published just a month ago on 26th July 2017, he shares some tips and tricks.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2247-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/42-sharing-is-caring

Another good source of information, i've been using, is a video made by iPlayZone which gives a general overview of the trophy and information on how to switch severs etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv3MlWHbzzE

Otherwise, as stated in my previous post, a ubisoft support rep has confirmed that these social events are still available and thus the trophy can still be obtained.

Good luck to everyone hunting and yet again, sorry for the long post. :/

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, LikelyAtol77563 said:

Solo per chiarire, gli eventi della comunità e le bastoncini, le balene e i convogli necessari per la condivisione sono il trionfo di cura, sono due cose distinte. Gli eventi della comunità sono stati missioni temporizzate in cui si è competuto con / contro i compagni di gioco e ha ricevuto ricompense. Questi sono stati tristemente sospesi e non sono più disponibili come indicato nel link di supporto Ubisoft qui sotto. Inoltre affermato nel link seguente, che non dovrebbe impedirti di raggiungere il 100% di completamento o di raggiungere tutti i trofei oi risultati.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000027469/Community-Events-and-Game-progress-AC4

Caskets / Chests, balene e convogli d'altra parte sono conosciuti come condivisione sociale o eventi sociali. Questi sono eventi casuali che spawn sulla mappa per un tempo assegnato. Questi sono estremamente rari e sembrano essere, almeno per la versione ps4, che i tassi di spawn sono abissi. Si prega di consultare la guida qui su psnprofiles. Questa non è la mia guida, tutto il merito va a SlyCooperFan100. Pubblicato solo un mese fa il 26 luglio 2017, condivide alcuni suggerimenti e trucchi.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2247-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/42-sharing-is-caring

Un'altra buona fonte di informazioni, che sto usando, è un video di iPlayZone che fornisce una panoramica generale del trofeo e delle informazioni su come cambiare intervalli ecc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv3MlWHbzzE

Altrimenti, come è stato detto nel mio post precedente, un rappresentante di supporto ubisoft ha confermato che questi eventi sociali sono ancora disponibili e quindi il trofeo può ancora essere ottenuto.

Buona fortuna a tutti i caccia e ancora una volta, mi dispiace per il lungo post. : /

Sorry so much, but then why is not anyone finding it since August 10, ONLY in the ps4? Explain why ubisoft wrote that there are problems?

I tried to follow the youtube video for switch servers, but nothing happens

Since 10 August no one has unlocked the trophy anymore

...and However, you are the only one who has detailed and precise answers

Grazie ciao

Edited by Spide29

First and foremost, I'd like to point out that I'm in the same boat as everyone else regarding this. I only have the information which has been presented in this forum, so as to why no one has popped the trophy since August 10th, I'm afraid I'm as lost as you are but I'd like to provide some information to help understand the issue better.

Since the ps3 users seem to not be having the same issues as us, i tried to see how our Xbox brothers and sisters were getting on with this trophy. Below is a link to the Xbox 360 site which shows the first and latest achievers of sharing and caring (Right hand side of page). As can be seen, it has been achieved by five different users since 20th August to today.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a180164/sharing-is-caring-achievement

Seeing as though the Xbox 360, is a last-gen console, i thought this was not a fair comparison as the ps4 is a "next-gen" console and thus uses different servers so i did the same for the Xbox one site. As can be seen in the link below, there were fours users who achieved it yesterday and one on the 21st.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a182171/sharing-is-caring-achievement

This leads me to two conclusions:

1: The ps4 playerbase of this game since 10th August are absolutely terrible at finding these events and such need to "git-gud" or search harder (This includes me)

OR

2: For some strange reason, out of all the consoles, the ps4 has been singled out to having terrible servers whereby these social events never spawn or rarely spawn thus making it extremely hard to achieve this trophy.

Of course, there could also be the matter of these Xbox achievers being hackers however, correct me if I'm wrong, i believe, like this site, that trueachievements.com has some form of policy against such action thus i shall take the achievers to be legitimate as to the time and date of this post until it is proven otherwise.

To conclude, seeing as our Xbox brothers and sisters are still achieving this trophy/achievement, i see no reason as to why we should be having difficulty doing the same.

Sorry for another long post. :/

Edited by LikelyAtol77563
Clarifying my statement
  • Like 1