So is the shutdown going to affect anything?

SH06UN5126

I have a friend who is playing this game, just in case the Social Club stuff disappearing screws with something. I might buy the complete edition before the shutdown, but I probably won't get around to it before then.

If it's only stat tracking that we won't be able to do anymore, then sweet. But, as stated in the title, is the shutdown actually going to affect anything trophy-wise with this game?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SH06UN5126 said:

I have a friend who is playing this game, just in case the Social Club stuff disappearing screws with something. I might buy the complete edition before the shutdown, but I probably won't get around to it before then.

If it's only stat tracking that we won't be able to do anymore, then sweet. But, as stated in the title, is the shutdown actually going to affect anything trophy-wise with this game?

I doubt it. Likely just the community choices. Where they show what others chose. There aren't any mp trophies.

20 minutes ago, SH06UN5126 said:

15 minutes ago, SH06UN5126 said:

Thanks. I'm aware that the trophies are offline. I was more asking if Social Club disappearing would mess with anything. Indirectly or directly.
But it doesn't sound like it will.

It’ll make tracking down some of the collectibles a little more awkward, as there’s no way in-game to show you which specific ones you’ve picked up. But nothing should actually become missable

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, JWill_55 said:

So question… what’s the link to LA Noire PS3 social club? I know GTA V PS3 link still works , assuming this does too.

GTA V on PS3 hasn't shut down yet. That's happening on December 16th.

Max Payne 3 and LA Noire shut down the other day, on September 16th. Social Club is no longer available for both of those games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 0:38 AM, JWill_55 said:

So question… what’s the link to LA Noire PS3 social club? I know GTA V PS3 link still works , assuming this does too.

AFAIK the only helpful thing with social club is that you can check how much damage you've currently accrued in a particular case. This is for the trophy for racking up $47K in damages in one case.

The easiest way to do this is just to go from one secret garage to the next and keep destroying the secret vehicle inside. I ended up with over 6 figures in damages when I finished the case.

• Like 1

Spoilers I guess but I can't even begin to feel bad for this game, between the bs interrogation sections that barely worked and the fact that the ending completely screwed much of the story. It treats you like an idiot if you choose the wrong person every time but then it turns out most of them weren't guilty to begin with?! I can't even begin to point out how confused and then pissed off I was at the end.

• 2 months later...