How is the offline in Aliens : Fireteam Elite?

You

Interested in getting this game.

So a few questions.

I have heard that you can play the game offline, with bots. Are the bots any good?

This game looks great, but I also like to play games offline due to the fact I might not be able to play the game online, or very long periods of time (hence why switching PS4 to standby in the middle of a mission is useful to me)

Is it impossible to do well with AI bots or are they just shit?

Thanks in advance for your opinions. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Bots are morons, but if you stop moving, they'll take cover and their aim is pretty good. They also have no special abilities like the player kits.

Do you get exp for their kills or do they basically steal all your earnings?

Just now, enaysoft said:

Do you get exp for their kills or do they basically steal all your earnings?

The XP is shared amongst the entire team upon completion of the mission, so your profile level as well as your kit (class) level and both weapons gain the same amount of XP. Bots wouldn't receive anything, but you wouldn't be "losing" XP either way.

That sounds fair, well I guess you could grind/play on easy settings with bots offline to level yourself up and then play harder modes online?

Sounds good if that is true.

BTW how are you posting while you are BANNED? Or did you just write that word in your profile yourself? lol

7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

That sounds fair, well I guess you could grind/play on easy settings with bots offline to level yourself up and then play harder modes online?

BTW how are you posting while you are BANNED? Or did you just write that word in your profile yourself? lol

actually you can edit your account settings and put whatever you want there.

7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

BTW how are you posting while you are BANNED? Or did you just write that word in your profile yourself?

Playing on higher difficulties gives you more currency/XP and (presumably?) better rewards.

I'm able to post even though I'm banned because I'm behind 7 proxies.

40 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I was day1 on the game. 

I did try playing solo with bot on casual difficulty.

And can not be able to process to the next mission. 

Don't know why if it was related to the difficulty or some kind of random bug. 

But just FYI to you. I gave up on the game by the way lolz.

Bots become a major liability once you reach the third of the five difficulties, which should ideally be your default difficulty. But it’s far from the end of the world if you really do need to play with them on lower difficulties. 

35 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

(hence why switching PS4 to standby in the middle of a mission is useful to me)

More importantly however, I strongly advise against purchasing this game on PS4, at least for now. 

It’s great fun when it works, but holy shit I have never played a game that runs as atrociously as this does. At best, the frame rate is tolerable. At worst, it’s simply impossible to play the game since you are only privy to a literal slideshow. Earlier it took me over 5 minutes to run through a 100m corridor devoid of enemies because I was constantly freezing for 30+ seconds. 

I’m far from alone in experiencing this shit either. And there are a myriad of other technical issues. 

It really is a fun game, but wait until you have a PS5 or until they fix the issues on PS4 (X

9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I have PS4 slim. Are the performance issues really that bad?

The performance was bad enough on my PS4 Slim that I had to install and play it on PS5 instead. There were chunks of gameplay that I was frozen for up to 30 seconds at a time. Runs great on PS5 hardware, and I'd imagine the PS5 version is even better.

On 02/09/2021 at 6:22 AM, enaysoft said:

I have PS4 slim. Are the performance issues really that bad? I haven't heard of Cyberpunk style issues on base PS4...

I've got a bog standard normal PS4 and the framerate only goes to shit when the sound bugs out but rebooting the game will fix it for about an hour until it happens again. This game has issues but the latest patch seems to have smoothed out some of them, though the above issue, the lousy A.I (both friendly and enemy) and laughably bad animations are still there. Also, there's no way in hell you're going to get the Plat by playing solo, because everything above the Standard Difficulty is absolutely brutal when playing solo so having 3 friends handy is essential. Also note the Platinum is unobtainable on the PS4 due the intel trophy being bugged.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:07 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I wish I HAD a PS4 Slim. Wish I could get trade in value for my OG PS4.

I had the money literally in my hand to buy a PS4 Pro, and the shopkeeper said "Here's a Pro" and for some reason I thought, hmm nah, I'll get a PS4 Slim instead.

Still regret that even today.

[edit] Yes so to answer my own question, you can indeed play the whole game offline with bots on Casual difficulty. They aren't very good on high difficulty settings though

Edited by enaysoft