Difficulty

Romikot84

Im really intrested in playing this game, however one thing is currentley holding me back, its the difficulty.

I heared its really easy, im not talking about platinum difficulty im talking about gameplay difficulty.

I am not looking for hard games but when its too easy its also a bit of a letdown...

And i read there is no difficullty option in a new game.

All the reviews  are old and i did not find patch notes for the game. Perhaps they changed things some rebalncing?

I will be glad if people offer their opinion on the difficullty from back than or people who played it recentley?

from when i played it a few months back before i put it on the back burner it was pretty easy till around chapter 12 if you engaged with side activties because the stuff they unlock can be so absurdly broken like from the real estate game. when you hit chapter 12 though you're forced to grind otherwise the bosses and enemies just will grind you to a pulp even if you do perfect block stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah, it isn't very difficult in general, but there are a couple of nasty difficulty spikes throughout the story that you need to grind for in order to get through. Also, the True Final Millennium Tower is truly difficult, no matter how prepared you are for it. 

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 3

Personally, I don't think it's that hard, especially if you're good at turn-based RPGs. Like other people said, there are a few minor difficulty spikes, but I think it's nothing that proper teambuilding and a bit of luck can't overcome. The final post-game dungeon is a completely different story though, that one is indeed really challenging, even with a maxed-out team.

If you don't mind spoiling the game for yourself, then you should consider watching Froob's Any% speedrun. He provides some great and helpful commentary and is a great guy in general. If you follow the teambuilding used in his run, then you shouldn't have much trouble (in the main story at least), aside from a few tricky fights later in the game where it just comes down to luck and RNG.

Some minor spoiler:

Spoiler

One great advice I can give you is to get Eri as soon as you can. She's an optional team member you'll meet at some point during the story. You unlock her as a playable character by doing Ichiban's business minigame and getting her company to at least Rank 100. Then get her to Lv. 15 and change her class to Dealer. She learns some really broken moves in that class and is a real powerhouse later on, even more so when you buff her attack stat during a fight.

• Like 1

I have almost no experience with JRPGs and found LAD to be just the right difficulty. Then again, I've played all the other yakuza games and spin-offs before that so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

If you make sure your party members are levelled up well-enough with a decent selection of weapons, you'll be fine. Everyone is saying you there's a large difficulty spike where you gotta grind for a particular bossfight you'll meet in chapter 12 and later on but it wasn't even that bad as you get to go to an arena and fight enemies there where you can simultaneously earn cool weapon rewards and armor to help you some more. Not to mention, there is a dungeon where you can farm a particular enemy type with determined spawn points (so no RNG) for a shit ton of XP. 

The only challenge one might experience is the true final millenium tower but with the right skillset obtained from jobs and proper preparation, you'll be fine. 

Plat rarity is ~16% ish or so which is well above most yakuza plats. You'll be fine. Enjoy!

• Like 1