FPP version of "Crypt of the NecroDancer"? ;)

Smashero

I’m gonna play this with no expectation of ever getting the plat, but this list is WAY easier than Necrodancer thankfully. Might even be attainable if you put in the effort to git gud. If the music is worth it, I’ll definitely at least give it a go

• Like 1

Just now, nrs1nrs1 said:

I’m gonna play this with no expectation of ever getting the plat, but this list is WAY easier than Necrodancer thankfully. Might even be attainable if you put in the effort to git gud. If the music is worth it, I’ll definitely at least give it a go

Yeah, I guess it will be easier (not sure how much easier ;) ), however my first thought was not about the difficulty, but the "game style" :).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Going to be tough on a controller if the videos I've seen of high level runs on Youtube are anything to go by. An Ultra Rare for sure.

You don't believe they'll have tuned it for a controller? I hope they do, game looks extremely fun from what I saw on PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 20.1.2022 at 9:36 AM, DHawk12 said:

I’m clueless how console/controller players can play this game. I was really excited to try it but it’s unplayable for me due to the terrible joystick controls. This is the first time I’ve ever requested a refund.

Weird. I don't have any issues playing this with a controller at all. Like yeah obviously it's not nearly as good as mouse and keyboard, but it's nowhere close to unplayable.

The game feels a little stiff with a controller and you definitely have a pretty big disadvantage but there's a lot of auto-aim going on to help you out.

BPM is just incredibly difficult, that's all. There's no freakin way I'll ever finish a run on a higher difficulty than easy. And I don't blame the controller for that.

26 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

Weird. I don't have any issues playing this with a controller at all. Like yeah obviously it's not nearly as good as mouse and keyboard, but it's nowhere close to unplayable.

The game feels a little stiff with a controller and you definitely have a pretty big disadvantage but there's a lot of auto-aim going on to help you out.

BPM is just incredibly difficult, that's all. There's no freakin way I'll ever finish a run on a higher difficulty than easy. And I don't blame the controller for that.

It was mainly the response curve and the wonky deadzone resulting in me having the worst aim in any fps I’ve ever played, mostly the latter. I have a scuf and I mainly play fps’s but I just couldn’t deal with the aiming, feels like controller support was tacked on half baked so it could be released on console.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DHawk12 said:

It was mainly the response curve and the wonky deadzone resulting in me having the worst aim in any fps I’ve ever played, mostly the latter. I have a scuf and I mainly play fps’s but I just couldn’t deal with the aiming, feels like controller support was tacked on half baked so it could be released on console.

Yeah the deadzone is terrible. I agree. And I wish they would improve the overall controlls. 

What pisses me off so bad is the fact that you can't customize the controller layout. Shooting with R2 doesn't feel right on a rythm game.

Btw did you actually get the refund from Sony?

50 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

Yeah the deadzone is terrible. I agree. And I wish they would improve the overall controlls. 

What pisses me off so bad is the fact that you can't customize the controller layout. Shooting with R2 doesn't feel right on a rythm game.

Btw did you actually get the refund from Sony?

Yeah I got a refund right after making my initial post. Even though downloading/playing the game normally voids the refund, I was given an exemption.