Lego Games

TheCapinXT

Completely depends on what your interested in and what franchises youve seen or like. Like for me, Ive never seen LoTR of the Hobbit, so the interest in the game isnt as high. (I do want to watch the films though). When playing Lego Dimensions some of the DLC levels were super boring for the same reason, no interest in the franchise or story.

Whats your preference? do you want to do the lesser games first and save the better ones for last or vice versa? Buggiest first? Quickest? Longest? etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jninja79 said:

Completely depends on what your interested in and what franchises youve seen or like. Like for me, Ive never seen LoTR of the Hobbit, so the interest in the game isnt as high. (I do want to watch the films though). When playing Lego Dimensions some of the DLC levels were super boring for the same reason, no interest in the franchise or story.

Whats your preference? do you want to do the lesser games first and save the better ones for last or vice versa? Buggiest first? Quickest? Longest? etc.

For me that doesn't matter, I really enjoy lego and even if I'm not interested in the movie I.e Indiana Jones, I will still play the game.

I would prefer quickest/buggiest first. But saying that I have completed lego the movie on different consoles before, so that one I can breeze through without a guide. 

I would in the long run like them all on my profile, I feel that would be a nice thing to have. So really doesn't matter where I start haha

17 minutes ago, TheCapinXT said:

So really doesn't matter where I start haha

Lego Harry Potter 1-4 on PS3 is notoriously buggy. Lego Star Wars 3 can be a buggy in places too but nothing too bad.

If you worried about DLC trophies then on the PS3 you want to try and complete Lego Avengers, Batman 3 and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Also Lego DImensions requires lots of pack installations and updates so that is a good one to get done. I specify PS3 because of the attempted store closure on there, I know they cancelled it but I imagine its more of a delay then a cancellation so might be worth getting them out the way just to be safe.

In terms of my personal favourites, Incredibles, Marvel Superheros, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Jurrassic World were all pretty fun and ejoyable throughout. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Ooooo thank you 

1 minute ago, jninja79 said:

Lego Harry Potter 1-4 on PS3 is notoriously buggy. Lego Star Wars 3 can be a buggy in places too but nothing too bad.

If you worried about DLC trophies then on the PS3 you want to try and complete Lego Avengers, Batman 3 and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Also Lego DImensions requires lots of pack installations and updates so that is a good one to get done. I specify PS3 because of the attempted store closure on there, I know they cancelled it but I imagine its more of a delay then a cancellation so might be worth getting them out the way just to be safe.

In terms of my personal favourites, Incredibles, Marvel Superheros, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Jurrassic World were all pretty fun and ejoyable throughout. 

I'm not bothered about 100% or anything just the plat trophy is all I need, my profiles sits at around 90% complete rate so a few none 100% games wouldn't harm.

Harry potter 1-4 is buggy, do you know about the other one? I would rather avoid it if its buggy for more than 50% of players. I understand some ppl have trophy problems but if ALOT of ppl say it I will avoid them.

I made the mistake of playing knockout city, and those trophies are super buggy 

2 hours ago, jninja79 said:

As far as I know, 5-7 is fine, but I havnt played either version yet so I cant say for certain. I did 1-4 on PS4 issue free, but am yet to start the PS3 version. I know from playing it on xbox 360 and my sister playing it that it can be bad for glitches. 

Thank you for the heads up, I might give it avoid on ps3 if that's the case 

I've never had a game breaking bug in any of the Lego Games.  Just don't use the cheat options with the ingame code system.  That seems to open the door to potential bugs to occur.

Lego games seem more notorious for just disc's getting bad over time, and skipping or freezing on a cut scene.  If you can't clean the disc then the entire game is toast and you need a new disc.

I think the buggiest I played was Lego Marvel Superheroes, that game would intentionally mess up right near the end of a level and we had to start over because we didn't use the save stations.  Which of course I now recommend using every one of them in the game.

The fastest, I don't believe there is one, probably Lego Movie or Lego Pirates.  Almost all Lego games have minor to annoying challenges at some point, yet they all have grind work to them as you have to play every story level a minimum of 2 times for collecting everything and getting the "platinum" for the game.

The only one that does not require you getting all good bricks, characters, or minikits for example is Lego Dimensions, because the base characters can only achieve what the trophy requirements state, such as 30 minikits.  It has 1016 gold bricks though, I bought the extra packs I wanted the challenge and its an incredibly fun game, with a great story.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I've never had a game breaking bug in any of the Lego Games.  Just don't use the cheat options with the ingame code system.  That seems to open the door to potential bugs to occur.

Not had any game breaking bugs, but there are bugs that prevent earning certain trophies, whether it be a gold brick not counting, or a character quest glitching etc.

30 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I think the buggiest I played was Lego Marvel Superheroes

Im suprised to read that, Ive done that game 3 times across various consoles and never once had a glitch, the only time ive ever heard of that one glitching on someone was my friends catgirl quest glitching on Him, but thats because hes an idiot and used the cheat code for Her :facepalm:?

33 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

The only one that does not require you getting all good bricks, characters, or minikits for example is Lego Dimensions, because the base characters can only achieve what the trophy requirements state, such as 30 minikits.  It has 1016 gold bricks though, I bought the extra packs I wanted the challenge and its an incredibly fun game, with a great story.

Im glad you enjoyed Dimensions, ive only recently just finshed the ps3 version. I did like the concept of it (I play Skylanders too) But the story felt disjointed to me. Too much crammed into the one story. Some of the DLC were super boring too, but then like I stated in my original post they were franchises I had no connection too so its not exactly an insult to the game. Still have the PS4 version to get through at some point before my sister takes all Her figures back xD

12 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Lego games seem more notorious for just disc's getting bad over time, and skipping or freezing on a cut scene.  If you can't clean the disc then the entire game is toast and you need a new disc.

I think the buggiest I played was Lego Marvel Superheroes, that game would intentionally mess up right near the end of a level and we had to start over because we didn't use the save stations.  Which of course I now recommend using every one of them in the game.

The fastest, I don't believe there is one, probably Lego Movie or Lego Pirates.  Almost all Lego games have minor to annoying challenges at some point, yet they all have grind work to them as you have to play every story level a minimum of 2 times for collecting everything and getting the "platinum" for the game.

I have read when looking at lego harry potter 1-4 it is known for its bugs only for the PS3 version though. I might give it a go and if it bugs I might just have to hid them on my profile ?

I own every LEGO game that has a trophy set, all 48/51 LEGO Games, the only ones I'm not going for is LEGO Dimensions and Rock Band because Rock Band and the 100% for Dimensions is so expensive for the DLC.

I recommend you play LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 & 5-7. The PS3 version has some bugs but they're not to bad I only had one game bug but nothing to serious.
If you own a VITA play the LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 it's got an amazing mini game that you can wizard duel with other people in the game. 
I also recommend Indiana Jones games, plus the LEGO Jurassic Park games. 

Edited by Anxiety

1 hour ago, Anxiety said:

I own every LEGO game that has a trophy set, all 48/51 LEGO Games, the only ones I'm not going for is LEGO Dimensions and Rock Band because Rock Band and the 100% for Dimensions is so expensive for the DLC.

I recommend you play LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 & 5-7. The PS3 version has some bugs but they're not to bad I only had one game bug but nothing to serious.
If you own a VITA play the LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 it's got an amazing mini game that you can wizard duel with other people in the game. 
I also recommend Indiana Jones games, plus the LEGO Jurassic Park games. 

I spent the money for all that Dimensions DLC, it's literally over half of my Dining Room table right now.  Costs just the game to platinum it, then about $600 for the DLC, about $1500 if you want to collect everything, even though the game strangely doesn't seem to have a % meter in game for completion.  I'm kind of interested in a 1,016 gold brick challenge myself.  That's like 4 different games in one.  

I agree on HP 1-4 & 5-7, I didn't have any bugs with either of them.  HP 1-4 froze on me one time in an area that was raining, and never did it again.  

14 hours ago, jninja79 said:

Not had any game breaking bugs, but there are bugs that prevent earning certain trophies, whether it be a gold brick not counting, or a character quest glitching etc.

Im suprised to read that, Ive done that game 3 times across various consoles and never once had a glitch, the only time ive ever heard of that one glitching on someone was my friends catgirl quest glitching on Him, but thats because hes an idiot and used the cheat code for Her :facepalm:1f602.png

Im glad you enjoyed Dimensions, ive only recently just finshed the ps3 version. I did like the concept of it (I play Skylanders too) But the story felt disjointed to me. Too much crammed into the one story. Some of the DLC were super boring too, but then like I stated in my original post they were franchises I had no connection too so its not exactly an insult to the game. Still have the PS4 version to get through at some point before my sister takes all Her figures back xD

Yeah I've never had a gamebreaking bug in any Lego Game occur.  The only one I thought about mentioning was I believe in Lego The Hobbit there is a quest that has you fight that bad Orc's mom, "The Mother of All Evil".  When doing this quest on the PS3 version at least, you will fight in a cave, and when you do, DO NOT destroy the breakable lego object on the southern wall, or wall closest to the bottom of your television.  It's like a rock slab or something, if you break that rock table or whatever and then defeat the mother, she can't escape off the screen as she runs down toward the bottom of your tv, jumps off that table, and gets away.  I couldn't figure it out, quit twice, and the third time I only focused on killing her and not destroying any objects and she was able to jump away and the quest ended giving me the brick.

Lego - Marvel - I suppose it could have been my disc yet I doubt it, none of the cut scenes had any issues, just randomly near a level end it would love to freeze, was soo...annoying.  I also found the Jean Grey challenge in Manhattan with that guy that had to climb like the empire state building, I found that challenge really frustrating.  As a new player you won't know that when you do that race on top of the flying helipad against that girl in the car...that she always seems to get a headstart, yet amazingly she just slows down as you race, and you catch up with her.  Same with Silver Surfer, it's like the game gives them all a boost, and you will learn that you will be able to catch up.  I guess I should just make my own thread on tips for this game, because there are several things that you need to know to make getting the platinum a lot faster.

Dimensions - I'm actually not done with Dimensions yet, got like 6 Gold Bricks so far, tried the Aperture Control Center last night for the first time, and I must say...that is an annoying level.  I didn't look at guides first either though, like to figure it out myself.  I'm thinking for the 25 minute trophy it would be good with a flying character, yet I don't see how much help that will be.  I also didn't understand the Golden fan in like room 3....I have the Knight Rider car, yet cannot aim it to destroy it for that minikit because that gray swamp stuff.  Oh well, things i will find out in guides.  

I own all the Lego games except Lego City, I have Lego Indy 1 on Nintendo DS, and I have Lego Batman 1 on PS3, I don't own any PS4 or 5 one's though.

1 hour ago, TheCapinXT said:

I have read when looking at lego harry potter 1-4 it is known for its bugs only for the PS3 version though. I might give it a go and if it bugs I might just have to hid them on my profile 1f914.png

I will be honest, I read the same thing before I played the game, and then none of them happened to me.  Again, I don't use the cheats in the games though.  I think I found after reading further that a lot of those problems did come from people using the cheats.

Edited by LegendExeter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I spent the money for all that Dimensions DLC, it's literally over half of my Dining Room table right now.  Costs just the game to platinum it, then about $600 for the DLC, about $1500 if you want to collect everything, even though the game strangely doesn't seem to have a % meter in game for completion.  I'm kind of interested in a 1,016 gold brick challenge myself.  That's like 4 different games in one.  

I agree on HP 1-4 & 5-7, I didn't have any bugs with either of them.  HP 1-4 froze on me one time in an area that was raining, and never did it again.  

Yeah I've never had a gamebreaking bug in any Lego Game occur.  The only one I thought about mentioning was I believe in Lego The Hobbit there is a quest that has you fight that bad Orc's mom, "The Mother of All Evil".  When doing this quest on the PS3 version at least, you will fight in a cave, and when you do, DO NOT destroy the breakable lego object on the southern wall, or wall closest to the bottom of your television.  It's like a rock slab or something, if you break that rock table or whatever and then defeat the mother, she can't escape off the screen as she runs down toward the bottom of your tv, jumps off that table, and gets away.  I couldn't figure it out, quit twice, and the third time I only focused on killing her and not destroying any objects and she was able to jump away and the quest ended giving me the brick.

Lego - Marvel - I suppose it could have been my disc yet I doubt it, none of the cut scenes had any issues, just randomly near a level end it would love to freeze, was soo...annoying.  I also found the Jean Grey challenge in Manhattan with that guy that had to climb like the empire state building, I found that challenge really frustrating.  As a new player you won't know that when you do that race on top of the flying helipad against that girl in the car...that she always seems to get a headstart, yet amazingly she just slows down as you race, and you catch up with her.  Same with Silver Surfer, it's like the game gives them all a boost, and you will learn that you will be able to catch up.  I guess I should just make my own thread on tips for this game, because there are several things that you need to know to make getting the platinum a lot faster.

Dimensions - I'm actually not done with Dimensions yet, got like 6 Gold Bricks so far, tried the Aperture Control Center last night for the first time, and I must say...that is an annoying level.  I didn't look at guides first either though, like to figure it out myself.  I'm thinking for the 25 minute trophy it would be good with a flying character, yet I don't see how much help that will be.  I also didn't understand the Golden fan in like room 3....I have the Knight Rider car, yet cannot aim it to destroy it for that minikit because that gray swamp stuff.  Oh well, things i will find out in guides.  

I own all the Lego games except Lego City, I have Lego Indy 1 on Nintendo DS, and I have Lego Batman 1 on PS3, I don't own any PS4 or 5 one's though.

I will be honest, I read the same thing before I played the game, and then none of them happened to me.  Again, I don't use the cheats in the games though.  I think I found after reading further that a lot of those problems did come from people using the cheats.

Yeah that's exactly why I won't be buying the dimensions DLC haha, I'll stick with all the other 48 LEGO games that I own. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I'm thinking for the 25 minute trophy it would be good with a flying character

I used Voldermort, you can skip the enitrety of the room with the turrets by flying round the outside of the walkway straight towards the exit door. Once you have figured out the level once you can breeze through the level with a flying character. You can also use Voldermort to extinguish the fires at the end of the level to save time over waiting for the elemental keystone to activate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jninja79 said:

I used Voldermort, you can skip the enitrety of the room with the turrets by flying round the outside of the walkway straight towards the exit door. Once you have figured out the level once you can breeze through the level with a flying character. You can also use Voldermort to extinguish the fires at the end of the level to save time over waiting for the elemental keystone to activate.

Ok thank you, this is good to know.  I thought about opening Eris last night from Chima set, yet I was like...I don't think she can put out the water.  I have the HP Team Pack so I can open that for Voldemort.

Every Lego game is both a journey and commitment, sometimes pleasant, sometimes not.

Honestly, everyone I’ve played can bug out in some area, sometimes game-ending, sometimes a mild, temporary annoyance. Always read a trophy guide before playing one as it will usually warn you of the more notorious ones.

That said, everyone I’ve played I have platinum’d, except maybe Harry Potter 1-4 bc I started it on ps now and then didn’t even play a level. I’ll rank the ones I’ve played in order of enjoyability:

Lego Batman 3

Lego The Movie

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Lego Marvel Avengers

Lego Lord of the Rings

Lego Batman 2

Lego Jurassic Park

Lego Star Wars

Lego Harry Potter 5-7

• Like 1

I've played pretty much every LEGO games, most of the glitches are in the TT ones and have gotten progressively lesser and lesser with each new title. I recommend the Harry Potter one and any Star Wars sans Clone Wars since it's rather different than the rest.

I've played a ton of LEGO games and have more in my backlog for a rainy day. But none of them have topped the first LEGO Marvel Superheroes for me. Platted it twice (PS3 and 4), and just haven't ever had the same level of excitement I got from that one. I wrote the guide for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 on PST, but that game was just long and disappointing. First one had great voice acting, great original story that's post MCU Avengers, amazing music, a plethora of characters to use. Only real complaint were the flying controls but they're manageable. 

The issue with LEGO games is they all start to feel the same after awhile. You get this sense of it all being the same game with a different license attached to it. And I get it, they're aimed at children and TT have found a good formula and they stick to it. But when you're playing these for the Platinum you get kind of tired of them. Like everyone seems to love LEGO Jurassic World, and I just wanted that one to end, I was so over the routine. So one I'll mention that no one else ever really does is LEGO Ninjago Movie. The game overall isn't amazing (nor was the movie), but gameplay wise they try to change it up a bit and by the time I played it, I was like 11 or 12 games deep so for me it was a nice change of pace. 

It's a strange love/hate relationship I have with this series now. I usually get to this point where I want to play a LEGO game again (plus they're always easy Plats) then I do and remember why I don't play them more often. I'm really REALLY hoping this huge delay on LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is because they're trying to make it stand out with new gameplay elements. If not, it could be the last LEGO game I ever purchase.