Fast way to farm coins and gears?

Lil-Gameboy123

• 1 month later...
On 05/10/2022 at 1:45 AM, HansPatat050 said:

It has a difficulty setting, easy medium hard. It's not a simple platinum as some time trials can be tricky, but it's absolutely doable and the game itself is good. Check out some shortcut videos on youtube. Should keep 20+ hours in mind to be on the safe side for the plat.

The shortcuts for each time attack make them quite trivial if you sustain a good lap and don't mess up the jumps too much. It's definitely necessary for a bunch of the last ones. The races are easy on easy (speaking of puns lmao), you just need a decent car like the Jesko or the 24 Ours. The main hurdle is really the odd time attack and grinding gears and coins to mop up.

• 2 months later...

I found a track to boost with an afk partner in the 'most liked (monthly)' section of multiplayer via private lobby. It's just called 'long drag race' and it's almost exactly 22 seconds long each time, and nets you 725 coins per run, which you can repeat every 3 mins or so with loading and whatnot. it's just about the shortest possible track that gets you coins and is most likely the most efficient method of farming out there

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
removed question, added answer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here was my approach:

1. Complete the main campaign, online trophies, and then a ton of races on "Magnetic Climb" (Skyscraper 3) where I began to master the shortcut. Each race takes about 1:30-1:40. Kept doing this until I had acquired a lot of coins and cars.

2. Back-up my save to PS+

3. Sell all of my cars (except for my main) for a ton of coins. Buy cars / blind boxes with these coins. Sell those cars. Continue til running out of coins, then do a few races til hitting 100k.

4. Download my save from PS+.

5. Repeat this process, but instead of selling for coins, you need to dismantle for gears now. (You can also upgrade the car then break it down for a slight gear increase!)

With this technique, you can cut the time down tremendously since you aren't saving up for both. The cars you have will work toward coins one time, then gears the next!

Edited by aross76
Added extra info regarding gears
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 4/6/2023 at 10:39 PM, aross76 said:

Here was my approach:

1. Complete the main campaign, online trophies, and then a ton of races on "Magnetic Climb" (Skyscraper 3) where I began to master the shortcut. Each race takes about 1:30-1:40. Kept doing this until I had acquired a lot of coins and cars.

3. Sell all of my cars (except for my main) for a ton of coins. Buy cars / blind boxes with these coins. Sell those cars. Continue til running out of coins, then do a few races til hitting 100k.

5. Repeat this process, but instead of selling for coins, you need to dismantle for gears now. (You can also upgrade the car then break it down for a slight gear increase!)

With this technique, you can cut the time down tremendously since you aren't saving up for both. The cars you have will work toward coins one time, then gears the next!

Awesome strategy, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 4:39 AM, aross76 said:

Here was my approach:

Absolutely the best way to approach the two grindy trophies in this game, thanks for sharing! My final playtime was 17 hours according to my PS5 - although I've never been entirely convinced of the accuracy of these times to be fair.

To add to this, I'll bullet point my approach using the above method as a guide:

1. Complete the main campaign, miscellaneous trophies, all while never selling/dismantling/upgrading any of the cars you receive from blind boxes. 
  2. Grind out a short online event (drag555) with a friend until you hit 100 quick race podiums (Terror of the Road trophy)
  3. At this point, back up your save to PS+
  4. Sell all of your cars, buy blind boxes back with the coins, rinse and repeat. I had enough for 100k coins at this point without having to do anymore races.
  5. Download your save from the cloud
  6. Now, focus on the 'It's over 9000' trophy (upgrading the rarity of 15 rare vehicles). Since this is not the most optimal approach to grinding gears, I would recommend reverting back to the save on bullet point 2 once more when you get the trophy.
  7. Focus on dismantling cars for gears. The optimal approach is to only upgrade common to rare (costs 200 gears) and to then dismantle the rare vehicles in order to get 100 gears back.
  8. You'll eventually run out of gears/cars so at this point more grinding will be necessary. Get a friend once more and grind out the 'drag555' track online. I needed roughly 40,000 worth of blind boxes at this point to reach 25,000 gears. Depending on your RNG, this grind could be more or less. I only ever got 1 Super Treasure Hunter car (dismantles for 500 gears) vs. my brother who got 4 in the same amount of time. So how many races you'll need to do at this point will depend on your blind box luck so far.

Good luck everyone, and once again thanks to @aross76 for sharing the above method 👍

• Like 2

• 2 months later...