Which class to choose?

Turning the Tide is a storyline trophy.  It shouldn't be missable at all because you can't advance the plot past a certain point without it.

As for which class(es) to use?  The first thing you need to do is figure out what playstyle and weapons work for you.  Then build around that.  Fortunately, doing a complete re-spec on your character is pretty easy and rather inexpensive, so that shouldn't be much of an obstruction.

• Like 2

As I recall, there shouldn't be any missable. I was able to get just about all trophies in one playthrough back on the PS3 version. As for the class, I went for a Might-Finese build at the start, but at the endgame, I went full-on Sorcery was dishing out high damage.

• Like 1

Pretty much anything works as long as you play decently. There's one trophy for being the jack of all trades, or having average proficiency in all three warrior, thief, and wizard (or whatever this game called it). Although, it's already been stated you can respec to get that trophy.

8 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

As I recall, there shouldn't be any missable. I was able to get just about all trophies in one playthrough back on the PS3 version. As for the class, I went for a Might-Finese build at the start, but at the endgame, I went full-on Sorcery was dishing out high damage.

There's actually two missable trophies. One for the 50 successful persuasions because there's only a finite amount of attempts in the game. Either look up a guide on which quests offer them and save scum or hard focus boosting that skill so you'll never fail. The second was in the DLC (now part on the base list for Re-Reckoning) that had you do something specific in the boss battle. Just save beforehand and load if you fail.

Edit: the two trophies I'm talking about are A Wink and a Smile and The Harder They Fall. As well, Out of Your League can become hard to do later in the game you get but I recall there being an easy way to get it with essentially a brand new save.

Edited by MandA60VISE
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Pretty much anything works as long as you play decently. There's one trophy for being the jack of all trades, or having average proficiency in all three warrior, thief, and wizard (or whatever this game called it). Although, it's already been stated you can respec to get that trophy.

There's actually two missable trophies. One for the 50 successful persuasions because there's only a finite amount of attempts in the game. Either look up a guide on which quests offer them and save scum or hard focus boosting that skill so you'll never fail. The second was in the DLC (now part on the base list for Re-Reckoning) that had you do something specific in the boss battle. Just save beforehand and load if you fail.

Edit: the two trophies I'm talking about are A Wink and a Smile and The Harder They Fall. As well, Out of Your League can become hard to do later in the game you get but I recall there being an easy way to get it with essentially a brand new save.

Fair enough. I actually remember making sure to level Persuasion asap during my playthrough. Also, I would point out that having Blacksmith and Alchemy leveled would make most of the game trivial.

10 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

Manic Pixie Dream Elf can also considered as missable, but only if you don't choose the positive option when talking to Rast Brattigan. In other words, you have to nice to her during her questline.

• Like 1

The only skill I really can think of investing early on in Persuasion, Stealth, and possibly Alchemy. Persuasion for the trophy and free stuff from speech checks. Stealth for that first strike or avoiding enemies. Alchemy can be a good way to get money, I've bought up reagents from a shop and crafted potions and resold them, I was easily able to make quite some money by then. Also, I would like to point out that there are trainers you can use to get some abilities ranked up. Use the following link for a wiki page on the trainer's Wiki Link

I recall respeccing to be able to use the lower levelled trainers and shifting some of the points to other places. Also, there are skill books you can use to level up certain skills, here's the wiki page. Wiki Link

Note, the Universalist Class is really the most beneficial in terms of ability points. +20% damage to everything (melee, ranged, and magic), all weapon skills are unlocked, and you get a +3 to all your ability scores. Here's a link to the wiki page with all of the "Class" and their bonuses. Wiki Link

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dakk55 said:

I recall respeccing to be able to use the lower levelled trainers and shifting some of the points to other places. Also, there are skill books you can use to level up certain skills, here's the wiki page. Wiki Link

When I played re-reckoning, I kept a checklist of Trainers in front of me and spread my points around so I didn't have to re-spec to take advantage of them.  There were times I changed the order in which I visited places (or did certain quests) so that I didn't have to "pause" particular abilities for a greater length of time, but that was pretty much the greatest concession I made when leveling up.

And even that wasn't all that much if the idea is to grow most of the abilities at roughly the same pace.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 6:57 PM, Snakemaru said:

So this game is going to be free for November PS+ and I wonder what class is the easiest to use when it comes to attaining the platinum trophy.

I have read post of the members here and would like to know if there are any changes or recommend a class as of even date.

I'd recommend playing a Magic build to make the kill 500 enemies with abilities trophy easier but you can play whatever honestly since you can respec at any point. I personally used a Might/Finesse build the whole game and grinded out the trophy using the first spell the game gives you after I reached max level

• 3 weeks later...

I played when the game initially came out and tried playing stealth and it doesn't really work, as enemies are clustered together in groups. So, once your first attack happens, they are alerted. So I wouldn't recommend stealth. Other than that, I've played all other builds and everything seems about even. I will say that probably 2/3 of the armor I get is for the Might build. I currently play as an archer/mage build (I enjoy this s gameplay the most, using a bow, chakrams, and a few spells)  so I wonder if the game is designed to give you loot outside of your class or if in fact the game gives more Might loot in general. Also, from experience, I think a Might build is the easiest way to play the game.