UNCHARTED - Official Movie Trailer

LastMinuteSavior

57 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Doesn't look that bad.

It does look better than the first trailer.

I find it interesting how they're cherry-picking different elements and set pieces from various Uncharted games. Might work better than just following a single game's story step-by-step.

Obviously, it still needs an overall engrossing story and good character moments.

The biggest problem really seems to be how miscast Wahlberg was. He lacks both the charm Sully has on the light-hearted moments and the gravitas to perform the more serious story beats.

11 minutes ago, Slava said:

The second trailer makes it look more like the modern Fast and Furious movies, which I absolutely hate. The ship set piece looks very dumb.

You are being a bit unfair.

The games are over-the-top action blockbusters with fantasy and supernatural elements.

Appart from Marky Mark, nothing in that trailer seems particularly off-brand.

Uncharted-Movie.jpg

"Say hi to your mother for me, okay?"

@Slava On second thought, I get what you're saying, and you're right.

I gotta separate things. Just because it works as a game, doesn't mean it works as a movie.

I didn't ask for this movie either. But I'll give it a watch. Just outta curiosity, if nothing else.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

You are being a bit unfair.

The games are over-the-top action blockbusters with fantasy and supernatural elements.

Okay, I don't know what happened in Uncharted 4 onwards, so if there were scenes where two helicopters carried entire ships disregarding all laws of physics, I haven't seen them ?.

To me, there is a line between over-the-top action and nonsense. The latter is what Fast and Furious is now known for. That kind where disbelief can't be suspended anymore. The plane scene, for example, is much lower on the scale of craziness. The ship scene looks like someone gave a big budget to an Indian action film ?. 

36 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I gotta separate things. Just because it works as a game, doesn't mean it works as a movie.

I think most scenes from the PS3 games can work in a movie. Even the elements of "magical realism" like nazi zombies. I just can't remember any set piece that would abandon logic and physics like that. 

Well, I hope this scene doesn't bother other people like it bothers me.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Slava said:

...helicopters carried entire ships disregarding all laws of physics...

Honestly, I had to google how much that kind of ship weighs. And yeah, it would take a whole fleet of skycrane helis to lift those things. Disbelief Activated

46 minutes ago, Slava said:

The ship scene looks like someone gave a big budget to an Indian action film 1f601.png

I've been learning about those thanks to Corridor Crew ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Definitely not going to a cinema to see this. Would have used HBO to stream it , especially since it's not really pulling me in anyhow. Not a big loss overall, will wait to rent it for cheap.

[Guess we will wait and see if they keep this cinemas only though since places seem to be shutting down again.]

If you purchase the Uncharted :Legacy of Thief's, you get a voucher for a movie ticket, so at least you can see it for free. 

It is $10 if you own Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jermster_91 said:

If you purchase the Uncharted :Legacy of Thief's, you get a voucher for a movie ticket, so at least you can see it for free. 

It is $10 if you own Uncharted 4 or The Lost Legacy.

Ah! I had no idea! Thank you! I will actually let a friend know this who had planned on getting the $10 upgrade and wanted to see the movie!

• 2 months later...