Is it possible to delete a trophy list for a game that hasn't had its list uploaded to the server?

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

Weirdly specific question, I know, but if you've ever gotten a game before release date, you may have found yourself unable to sync the trophies right away, often getting error code WS-37073-0, because the trophies have not yet been uploaded to Sony's servers.

My question is, if I were to get a game like this, and assuming the trophy list remained at 0%, could I just delete it off my system so I wouldn't keep getting an error when trying to sync my trophies?

The reason I ask is because I recently bought a game called [redacted] for PS4 off PlayAsia, but apparently the PS4 version has just been delayed indefinitely... Despite the fact it's been shipped and should be arriving this week, sooo... Not sure what to make of that, but I definitely want to install the game when I get it just to make sure it actually works, but considering I can find no trophy lists for the game, I assume they haven't been uploaded yet, and won't be for God knows how long now. I don't want to keep encountering an error code when syncing my trophies normally (which I have encountered in the past with similar situations), so want to know if it's possible to delete the list before I install it. I don't plan to play this game until it's actually "out" now.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I'm not entirely sure. Seems like deleting your user profile on your PS4 should stop it from syncing, unless the PS4 transmits unseen data such as a gameid and earned trophy data that is permanently added to your profile, but doesn't show up until the content for that gameid and trophy data is loaded to Sony's servers. Think of them like bookmarks for future books.

If that's the case, once you've synced, even if you can't see them on PSN, only on your PSN, then you wouldn't be able to delete it. Just like any other synced trophies.

Seems the only safe move is to play on a guest profile until someone can test this scenario out.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only way to delete a non-syncing list is to nuke your profile and recreate it but you will lose a lot in the process if you don't backup everything first.

Thanks for the replies. I may refrain from installing it then, if it even turns out to be a copy of the actual game.

I actually had the publisher contact me about this after enquiring about it on their Discord, as to their knowledge, no copies have been produced, so it'll definitely be very interesting to see what I actually end up getting in the mail when it shows up.

6 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I actually had the publisher contact me about this after enquiring about it on their Discord, as to their knowledge, no copies have been produced, so it'll definitely be very interesting to see what I actually end up getting in the mail when it shows up.

Maybe they accidentally sent you the master disc, can’t find it, and now have to delay it. Lol.

1 minute ago, NMErickson said:

Maybe they accidentally sent you the master disc, can’t find it, and now have to delay it. Lol.

Gonna use it to make several more copies and make bank if that's the case, lol.

Jokes aside though, PlayAsia still has one copy left in stock (as of writing), and I'm pretty sure they had a few more a few days/weeks back. No idea how they obtained them, I've looked elsewhere and can't find copies anywhere else at all. It's really strange, never been in a situation like this before so it's going to be very bizarre if I actually end up getting a PS4 copy of the game that's just been delayed indefinitely. I wouldn't doubt if what arrives ends up just being the Switch version.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Thanks for the replies. I may refrain from installing it then, if it even turns out to be a copy of the actual game.

The Secret Service, and that was the last time we ever saw @SuperSmexy500 again

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

The Secret Service, and that was the last time we ever saw @SuperSmexy500 again

Almost forgot I made this topic, thanks for reminding me so I can scrub it a little. Hopefully that keeps the pursuers off my back for a little longer.

In all seriousness though, the publisher just kindly asked if I could keep it on the low that I received this game super early, and PSNProfiles is pretty much the only place I've made it publicly known that I have it, and while this forum certainly isn't of the same scale as Twitter or something, it still isn't really keeping it "on the low" by making it known here.

Edit: Just realised @DaivRules quoted me when I still had the name of the game in my OP, so guess my scrubbing was futile anyway.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

44 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Almost forgot I made this topic, thanks for reminding me so I can scrub it a little. Hopefully that keeps the pursuers off my back for a little longer.

In all seriousness though, the publisher just kindly asked if I could keep it on the low that I received this game super early, and PSNProfiles is pretty much the only place I've made it publicly known that I have it, and while this forum certainly isn't of the same scale as Twitter or something, it still isn't really keeping it "on the low" by making it known here.

Edit: Just realised @DaivRules quoted me when I still had the name of the game in my OP, so guess my scrubbing was futile anyway.

Did the copy actually arrive then?

4 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I think it was already late for that 2 minutes after the topic was started (because of google).

Edited by Se7en
removed link

4 minutes ago, Se7en said:

I think it was already late for that 2 minutes after the topic was started

To be frank, the number of people that were going to find that content that way is a tiny fraction of a percent of people who would just stumble upon it from clicking on the link you just posted to enable everyone to find it with one click.

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

To be frank, the number of people that were going to find that content that way is a tiny fraction of a percent of people who would just stumble upon it from clicking on the link you just posted to enable everyone to find it with one click.

I removed the link to not enable everyone to find it with one click.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Se7en said:

I think it was already late for that 2 minutes after the topic was started (because of google).

I'm not too concerned, I imagine the only people that would find it are people specifically looking for it anyway, and this is a fairly niche game.

I know at least one other person has already bought said game while it was still purchasable as well, so it's possible it's gonna end up "leaking" on a larger scale at some point, but it's not like the game isn't already out anyway, it's just not meant to be out on PS4 currently.