Servers closing down?

gatsby-star

Blackout servers will likely last for quite a while. The person who told you the servers would be dead soon probably just meant that there’s not THAT many people who play it anymore, especially compared to Warzone.

The other comments that are bringing up older cod servers still being up are kind of irrelevant considering those servers are P2P. BO4 is really the only cod game where it’s trophies would be majorly affected by a server shutdown, but I don’t see them shutting the servers down any time soon, so go for it :) 

• Like 3

Activision haven't shut down any online servers for a Call of Duty game that has trophies, I highly doubt that Black Ops 4 would be their first one. It being on sale is actually a good sign of future life because it's promoting the game to more people in an attempt to get more people playing it. The time to be concerned would be when content tied to the game gets delisted. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

As far as I know there is no call of duty with closed servers so would be weird if this was the first one to close

Alright makes sense was really looking for reassurance which I have now. Heavily appreciate the quick response, happy hunting!

4 hours ago, SKhesraw said:

That would be pretty weird as the black ops 1 servers still work

Of course ? Thank you for the quick response!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

Blackout servers will likely last for quite a while. The person who told you the servers would be dead soon probably just meant that there’s not THAT many people who play it anymore, especially compared to Warzone.

The other comments that are bringing up older cod servers still being up are kind of irrelevant considering those servers are P2P. BO4 is really the only cod game where it’s trophies would be majorly affected by a server shutdown, but I don’t see them shutting the servers down any time soon, so go for it :) 

Sounds about right mate and really appreciate you taking out the time to explain everything in such detail so quickly i don’t know as much about COD servers and what they’re like.

4 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

Yeah that’s what they meant well all my doubts seem to have disappeared I’ll get started. Thank you for answering so quickly, cheers!

5 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

are the BO4 servers P2P too? Because if it isn't I might actually start worrying about it too ?

56 minutes ago, SKhesraw said:

are the BO4 servers P2P too? Because if it isn't I might actually start worrying about it too 1f613.png

I would say the Blackout servers probably wouldn't be P2P, that's too many connections to one random host that the game would have to handle. The lobby size is too much for it to possibly be P2P. 

35 minutes ago, SKhesraw said:

Alright. Do you know whether the rest of the game is P2P? So like the zombies server

Only blackout has dedicated servers, multiplayer and zombies are P2P. One way you can tell is sometimes you get a host migration message in the middle of a MP/Zombies match because the host left, however that never happens on blackout.

Highly doubt they would close this any time soon, but it will gradually start taking longer to fill blackout matches though.

• Like 1