Trophy thoughts

FocusDR

2 hours ago, FocusDR said:

Cool reboot alongside cotton 100%. Trophies look like a familiar layout from other games but could it be a misleading easy plat? 1f605.png

There is only one game left to see from Cotton, Rainbow. I can't speak for difficulty, but these are pretty old games. The reboot and Boomerang are based off the original game.

For those unfamiliar, here is the release date timeline for these games:

• Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams (1991) was then later ported to the X68000 and Reboot is supposed to be based off that version.
  • Cotton: 100% (1994) was the second game of the series and later ported to Playstation 1 in 2003.
  • Panorama Cotton (1994) was the third game of the series and was only re-released this year in 2021. This one is apparently quite rare since only 4,000 copies were made in '94 (alleged).
  • Cotton 2: Fantastic Night Dreams (1997) was the fourth game of the series. Nothing special of note to say though.
    • Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams Boomerang (1998) was a remixed version of Cotton 2. I've never played this one though. The one here is supposed to be based off the Saturn version.
  • Rainbow Cotton (2000) was the fifth entry of the series and the first fully 3D one. It is unknown if this will be released like the other ones because this installment of the series was deemed a "spectacular failure"

Hopefully that was interesting :)

• Like 3

Cheats don't seem to work for the Challange mode in this version. They do for the Cotton 100%, making that a 1hour ezpz platinum.

This version however, seems really though without the cheat mode for Challange mode. Dying means starting the level over from the beginning, with only 6 continues. 

• 7 months later...
On 2.11.2021 at 9:41 PM, knoef_NL said:

Cheats don't seem to work for the Challange mode in this version. They do for the Cotton 100%, making that a 1hour ezpz platinum.

This version however, seems really though without the cheat mode for Challange mode. Dying means starting the level over from the beginning, with only 6 continues. 

I play Cotton 100% with guide from you, i have unlock the cheats but i not it doesn't work on the challange mode. i can not start the game with this cheats. is this patches?

• 6 months later...

Surprised so many people are saying damn I can't use cheats. The game itself is pretty easy, even challenge mode. Though I still need the 1 million score I'm 100% I'll get it next run. 

I like the trophy list though, I prefer simple ones for older games because I feel it fits more. Only thing I'd like to see would be like "Clear Challenge Mode Without Losing A Life" or something. 

New to the series but I plan to try the other games. They seem fun. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 7:39 AM, sealightbreeze said:

If they have cheats- you should be able to use them. Period. It’s annoying you can’t use it on challenge mode 

Yeah its not like its called challenge mode because it's supposed to be...the more challenging mode or something ? 

• Like 3