Starhawk Server Restoration

Benca27

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. Good news about Starhawk, as the game is getting closer to being fully reversed and online being done by PSORG. Those interested in trophies, I'll have you know that this project is Open Sourced. Their Discord is here: https://discord.gg/U5UrKCGKXJ There will be no ETAs for online as this is done on a community shared basis. Thank you.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Benca27 said:

Hello everyone. Good news about Starhawk, as the game is getting closer to being fully reversed and online being done by PSORG. Those interested in trophies, I'll have you know that this project is Open Sourced. Their Discord is here: https://discord.gg/U5UrKCGKXJ There will be no ETAs for online as this is done on a community shared basis. Thank you.

so does that mean it will be possible to win trophies without being flagged here? interesting...

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, DTM45-GTR said:

Hi, just bumping this topic. Is this game's online multiplayer assured to be coming back?

Would be incredibly awesome if so

@Benca27, or anybody else, who may have more info

It’s not “coming back” as that implies the original developers are bringing online back. A group of developers are working on recreating online. Your best bet for direct info is to just join the discord linked above. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 4:46 PM, Benca27 said:

Interesting. i hope that they are successful, as it could mean reviving other PS3 games, most especially Portal 2. 

• 7 months later...

Hey all! I'm just here to give a quick update that Starhawk online development has made a big breakthrough and the game client has now made it into an online state. https://twitter.com/PSORGRevival/status/1632206594690670593?s=20 There's still some development time left to work out any bugs and get things running smoothly for the game client to work with the new servers, but for now this is huge progress. As always you can consult the general chat in the discord for more real-time updates on the game at https://discord.gg/psorg-756702841804030052 Thank you all for your patience and support, I myself am very excited to play Starhawk multiplayer again as well! Please feel free to share this update with friends! Have a good one :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

I'm following the discord of PSORG, and it seems that they are close to open the online for this game again, I hope it goes well, and as is an Open Source project, I hope trophies can be earned and showed on this site.

spacer.png

Patched eboots means CFW, so that’s one hurdle down to being approved here if that’s not a requirement to run their server. The group has regularly said they had no intention of open sourcing, so that would also be an unexpected change from them. 

32 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Patched eboots means CFW, so that’s one hurdle down to being approved here if that’s not a requirement to run their server. The group has regularly said they had no intention of open sourcing, so that would also be an unexpected change from them. 

I know currently is not supported by OFW, myself ask to Jumpsuit if in the future will be compatible with OFW and said to me that is his goal.

This group is PSORG, different from the original post PSONE, PSONE are not open source, but in the faq of PSORG they say this:

Q:  Are you Open Source?

A: Yes! That is one great thing about this group is we have our work open source! This allows others like us to contribute their time and effort to help make the service better for all! While this is evident to some as "allowing bad actors to steal personal information" this is entirely false and misleading. As being open source does NOT allow bad actors access to our own instances of the servers hosted here. It just gives them the chance to run their own instances and take your info that way. Not from us.

So is for that that I ask here, if this finally happen maybe there is a chance to get online trophies for this game without the risk of a ban on psnprofiles. 

I already use gonespy open source server to get Bulletstorm platinum in the past so I know this is a possibility.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

13 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

So is for that that I ask here, if this finally happen maybe there is a chance to get online trophies for this game without the risk of a ban on psnprofiles. 

Itll be up to the Cheater Removers, but if it’s open source, uses OFW, and maintains only the function of the original servers, there is a good chance. 

• Like 2

Hello @DaivRules, yesterday I test with my digital copy and my only PS3 that is OFW and I get to this screen:

spacer.png

The problem is that Starhawk use different appID for every region, I'm from Spain and another user from UK has the same problem, the developer add the appIDs on the database and when I returning home from work in the afternoon I will create a secondary account on PS3 to see if I can connect and earn trophies normally playing online.

This is the discord of PSORG:

https://discord.com/invite/psorg-756702841804030052

I will wait until is confirmed that is allowed to gain trophies on this site, if never happens then my Starhawk trophies will remain incomplete, but as they are open source I have hope haha.

Edit: I forgot to say, the only thing I had to do is modify the DNS of my PS3 to this:

**PRIMARY DNS**
`51.79.41.185`
*Secondary DNS*
`1.1.1.1` or `8.8.8.8`

Edited by Steven-Spiegel