the flying... the character models... oh my god...!

9 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

How is the flying different from the original game?

i meant what you see when flying. the fog effects in the old games are definitely missed...i mean, you can see all 3 cities in one frame in this game high up. ruins the enjoyment.

and the models WTF, they look cartoony and worse.

the games look shit. and i played the originals to death on my pc back in the day

3 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

i meant what you see when flying. the fog effects in the old games are definitely missed...i mean, you can see all 3 cities in one frame in this game high up. ruins the enjoyment.

and the models WTF, they look cartoony and worse.

the games look shit. and i played the originals to death on my pc back in the day

2 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

The lack of fog makes it view some things you're not suppose to see very awkward. 

Ah yeah it's been a while, I see what you mean. Doesn't look that bad to me but I can understand why the fog would be preferred for some people.

I just can't get over how rubbery everything looks. Instead of a metallic crashing sound I keep expecting a cartoony rubber stretching sound whenever you crash into something or when a character moves around. On top of that they pretty much gutted the radio stations for Vice City and San Andreas so I assume it's just the same like two or three songs left on a constant loop. I have also read that for Vice City only one of the two Love Fist songs were left in with no real explanation why the other was removed.

It sounds like the only genuine improvements are the checkpoint system and draw distance but with everything else I think it's too much of a stretch to call it a "Definitive" Edition.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I just can't get over how rubbery everything looks. Instead of a metallic crashing sound I keep expecting a cartoony rubber stretching sound whenever you crash into something or when a character moves around. On top of that they pretty much gutted the radio stations for Vice City and San Andreas so I assume it's just the same like two or three songs left on a constant loop. I have also read that for Vice City only one of the two Love Fist songs were left in with no real explanation why the other was removed.

It sounds like the only genuine improvements are the checkpoint system and draw distance but with everything else I think it's too much of a stretch to call it a "Definitive" Edition.

Typical Rockstar for ya.

The draw distance isn't a big deal for me. I rarely fly in any of the games, if ever. The illusion of size created by the poor render distance (aka fog) on the ps2 didn't fool me into thinking the map was bigger than it is. You can tell how small it is simply by hopping into a vehicle and driving. Takes like 2 minutes to get from Los Santos to Las Venturas via the highway. Anyway what I want is anyone that's actually playing these games to give me an opinion on how "game breaking" the issues are? Is it something that will be fixed in a patch? If you've only seen images or videos on the Internet I'm not interested in your opinion. The guy above uses terms like "so I assume" basically he's not played these and is yet another sheep jumping on the "it's trash" bandwagon. Get back to me your opinions those of you who have played these please? Good points and bad points... 

55 minutes ago, DevonshireGringo said:

The draw distance isn't a big deal for me. I rarely fly in any of the games, if ever. The illusion of size created by the poor render distance (aka fog) on the ps2 didn't fool me into thinking the map was bigger than it is. You can tell how small it is simply by hopping into a vehicle and driving. Takes like 2 minutes to get from Los Santos to Las Venturas via the highway. Anyway what I want is anyone that's actually playing these games to give me an opinion on how "game breaking" the issues are? Is it something that will be fixed in a patch? If you've only seen images or videos on the Internet I'm not interested in your opinion. The guy above uses terms like "so I assume" basically he's not played these and is yet another sheep jumping on the "it's trash" bandwagon. Get back to me your opinions those of you who have played these please? Good points and bad points... 

I might be in the minority, but I’ve had no real issues with this game? The worst issue I’ve encountered is my game freezing for a few seconds if I drive too fast in race missions (which is very annoying but not game breaking).

I actually think the game looks really good considering it’s a remaster and not a ground up remake. The collectibles are much easier to spot in this version, but the downside where oysters are concerned is the swimming is a little clunky and doesn’t feel as fluid as in the original. 

Another slight annoyance I have with this game is the fact they’ve added GPS lines to the map when you have a target/waypoint to go to, but the directed route it wants you to take is normally ridiculously convoluted and definitely not the quickest/most sensible route even if you were following road rules. Unless you know the map well, you might be taking some pointless detours.

Overall though, the game is just as fun as the original and I’m really enjoying it. Is the trilogy worth £60? Maybe not. Am I glad I bought it? 100% 

• Like 2

On 12.11.2021 at 0:29 AM, rockstarjazz said:

nzftt9d6vsy71.png

I'm glad, they removed the bandana off the left guy's head.

You just can't fool the fine gentlemen from Grove Drum Bugs. They got it... they understood that the left guy was being inappropriate!

He wore his bandana so low, it made his eyes appear smaller than they actually are. He was mocking Asians! Looking into his NPC-eyes makes me sick to my stomach.

Kudos, War Street Glitches - for surpassing everyone's expectations and delivering us the definitive experience. 60 bucks is a steal...

Spoiler

\sarcasm

1 hour ago, DevonshireGringo said:

The draw distance isn't a big deal for me. I rarely fly in any of the games, if ever. The illusion of size created by the poor render distance (aka fog) on the ps2 didn't fool me into thinking the map was bigger than it is. You can tell how small it is simply by hopping into a vehicle and driving. Takes like 2 minutes to get from Los Santos to Las Venturas via the highway

removing the fog takes the immersion and somewhat the "magic" out of the game, because it wasn't originally designed for all cities to be viewed simultaneously. there should be at least one option to turn it on and off. 

the game remains literally the same size as ever, which isn't exactly "small", but the hardware limitation did cause an illusion, a well-used element by rockstar.