Site says profile is set to private and it is not.

Go to solution Solved by de_digibeet,

Thank you for reading, long time user of this great site but a first time poster.

As stated in the title my psn profile on this site says:

"Aww, no trophies here :(

This profile is probably private

Seriously, check the privacy settings on PSN"

I checked my settings on my account on both my PS3 and my PS4 all are set to Anyone aka public.

Any help would be great. Thanks again.

• Solution

This has been solved, I'm guessing this was a trophy server problem over at sony.

Just wait for your hour to be over and update your profile again, it'll all be as it was now.

my reasoning:

I had this too, the settings on the ps4 check out, the vita couldn't sync and gave the np-8894-9 error (which seems to be new for this morning)

on the sony site it said I had no publically viewable trophies and on the ps4 I couldn't acces the list in which I can set which games I have hidden from public view.

and the final reasoning: others are/were affected as well.

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 1

I checked my settings on my account on both my PS3 and my PS4 all are set to Anyone aka public.

I'm having the same issue. Just out of nowhere I'm getting this message now. I show zero trophies and I have vanished from the leaderboards.

Hmm, that's quite odd, did this happen to you guys in the past hour, like did your update your profiles in the last hour on this website and that's when all your trophies disappeared? It may have been an issue that occurred as the trophy syncing system on PSN was giving an error message to people too - double check your trophies aren't set to private and then you have to earn any random trophy from any game for this website to register if you've unhidden your games. After you earn a trophy and update your profiles again on this website then hopefully it will be fixed, if not then it may be a technical issue that Sly Ripper (The owner of the website) will have to look into =O

EDIT: Seems like others posted while I was typing this saying it was the PSN downtime that did it, hopefully that's what it is for you guys too

Edited by BlindMango

BlindMango my 60 min wait literally just ended and yes you are correct I re-synced on this site and its back to normal. Thank you very much, I'm glad it was just a temp error b/c I really love this site and don't wanna use one of those other sites lol.

Carly I assume that was a joke.

• Like 1

Lmao it's ok Carly.

Anyways I suppose an admin can now changed this to an "answered" topic now.

The answer being for those that don't understand still, wait for your hour to be up on this site and re-sync and everything should be back to normal by then.

Anyways I suppose an admin can now changed this to an "answered" topic now.

The answer being for those that don't understand still, wait for your hour to be up on this site and re-sync and everything should be back to normal by then.

You have to mark someone as the best answer since you're the person that made the thread, I think it's a button at the bottom-right of each persons post that only you can see that says "marked solved", you just select whoever answered your question best ;) I would mark the third post - from de_digibeet - as the answer

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

This is still an issue for me.

I have been trying all day and all that happens is I got to number 1 in the queue and then it drops back to 40 something. If I try to force refresh it says I need to wait an hour..

My trophies are synced and I see them on PS4/PS3/mobile app and PSN.

Any help please before I give up the ghost on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gus

This is still an issue for me.

I have been trying all day and all that happens is I got to number 1 in the queue and then it drops back to 40 something. If I try to force refresh it says I need to wait an hour..

My trophies are synced and I see them on PS4/PS3/mobile app and PSN.

Any help please before I give up the ghost on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gus

Sometimes the queue gets stuck in limbo for some reason and just puts you further and further in the queue, however most of the time your profile actually syncs anyway even though the queue on the front page acts up. So check your profile. If it says that you can't sync for 60 more minutes that means that your profile should have just been synced.

EDIT: Okay, I just successfully updated your profile and you just have no trophies at all, lol, I also checked your name on PSN (via the mobile app) and you have no trophies tied to your profile, you're level 0. If you do have trophies on one of your PlayStation consoles, you have to connect them online and sync them to your PSN name to view them online. It's weird because you said you see your trophies because I can't, are they all hidden in your privacy settings on your PlayStation so only you can view them?

Edited by BlindMango

Seriously. I can't make it any more clear.

Lmfaoo, and the funny thing is that I think "Seriously, check your privacy settings on PSN" wasn't originally there and was added after a while. Really though Sly, we need a pinned forum thread here regarding trophies not showing up/hidden trophies, you want me to make one and you can pin it seeing as we get someone coming here daily asking about it?

BlindMango: Thanks I will look into the privacy settings thing.

Sly Ripper: Well even though you cant see the trophies they are there...  Are you not meant to help people and not just belittle them on your site?  

1521264_10152187852159189_1560064427_n.j

BlindMango: Thank you. It was the privacy setting that needed changing within the PSN area on my PS4.

BlindMango: Thank you. It was the privacy setting that needed changing within the PSN area on my PS4.

I'm not belittling you. It told you what to do on your profile, we told you what to do in this thread, yet again, it was the correct answer.

No prob Gus, sorry if we seemed rude, I think it's simply getting to the point where we're getting a little annoyed with the hidden trophies feature that PSN has added a few months ago because people come here what seems like every day asking about it, haha

@Sly, that's why it's probably a good idea if I made a new thread detailing the entire process step-by-step. I'm only gonna make that if you pin it to the top of this forum area though (Feedback, Suggestions, & Bugs) - Otherwise it would get buried in the forums and be a waste of time to create. So you think that's a good idea? Would you like me to do that?  :P

Edited by BlindMango

No prob Gus, sorry if we seemed rude, I think it's simply getting to the point where we're getting a little annoyed with the hidden trophies feature that PSN has added a few months ago because people come here what seems like every day asking about it, haha

@Sly, that's why it's probably a good idea if I made a new thread detailing the entire process step-by-step. I'm only gonna make that if you pin it to the top of this forum area though (Feedback, Suggestions, & Bugs) - Otherwise it would get buried in the forums and be a waste of time to create. So you think that's a good idea? Would you like me to do that?  :P

If it's good I'll link to it from the profile pages.

It told you what to do on your profile, we told you what to do in this thread, yet again, it was the correct answer.

Yes. It was the correct answer. But so would "Get a PSN account" be the correct answer. The issue was *where to change it* as that was not made clear. The only place I found to change it was on the PS4 itself. Could not find it in PSN website or PS3 settings.

The issue was everyone I know could see it (and so could their friends).

Maybe a simple post directing people where to change what?  Mine was set to "Friends and friends of friends" but obviously needed to be public.

Regards,

Gus