This is getting ridiculous

itzzh3lixx

This is why i DID MY RESEARCH when purchasing a PS4, even the XBONE, I knew after BF4 and NFS and Killzone, i wont have anything worthy until Infamous...then i ask myself a very important question "is it worth it?" thats what you should have done my friend. us early adopters in a drought, which is OK by me. 

What are you talking about? There's Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 2 and 3, Infamous 1 and 2, God of War Ascension, Skyrim......Er.... Wait, that's still my PS3 backlog! Sorry.

Truthfully I'm grateful for DCUO and Warframe which are both ports....they are great games to keep my ps4 busy while I catch up on the above.

Buying the PS4 at launch and wanting an insane amount of games is the same as wanting magic....you should be thankful that PS4 owners are getting some games at least instead of complaining about getting PC ports.Although I do agree that PS3 ports are pretty ridiculous.

I agree. It seems that Sony is putting in way too much effort into bringing in old games with their little playstation now thing. They really need to suppose the future of gaming and not the past. I realize that they make much more money as there is no effort into their tactic but it's getting out of control.

I agree. It seems that Sony is putting in way too much effort into bringing in old games with their little playstation now thing. They really need to suppose the future of gaming and not the past. I realize that they make much more money as there is no effort into their tactic but it's getting out of control.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, PlayStation now isn't even out and bringing a PC game to the PS4 is not part of PlayStation now. Secondly, what exactly is getting out of control? The idea PlayStation is supporting indies? The PS4 is two months old there's not going to be tons of AAA titles yet. I fail to see how releasing indie games they announced at E3 is "out of control." Also, even if Sony wasn't supporting indies there would still be the exact same wait for other games. If you don't want to play an old game then don't. 

• Like 1

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, PlayStation now isn't even out and bringing a PC game to the PS4 is not part of PlayStation now. Secondly, what exactly is getting out of control? The idea PlayStation is supporting indies? The PS4 is two months old there's not going to be tons of AAA titles yet. I fail to see how releasing indie games they announced at E3 is "out of control." Also, even if Sony wasn't supporting indies there would still be the exact same wait for other games. If you don't want to play an old game then don't. 

I was saying that playstation 4 is putting in too much effort into implementing ways to get customers to buy old games. I'll explain. PS4 is out now and Sony has announced their effort on the playstation now project.

What does playstation now do?

Allows people to play their games on their stupid phones, tablets, or whatever.

Why it's stupid?

It is integrated with an E-gamestore or subscription.

What does that have to do with playstation putting in too much effort into selling old games?

Do ya think people are going to be playing Uncharted 4 on their dumb little phones? No, the store will be just full of tetris, angry birds, and other basic junky games just like the one's I used to play in 1995.(Ok, I don't have any realistic examples because I don't purchase new $10 games from PSN)

While the playstation 4 has been out the majority of the games that have been coming out are available for ps3 as well. This is the time where Sony needs to get the developers to push the envelope into creating new games but they are not. They are trying to stall by throwing this "Let's all play old crap". I don't work for the company but I know business and there is plenty that they can do to bring developers with new games to move along quicker.

Right now there isn't really a concern but there has been a lot of activities in the past couple of years with Sony marketing people to purchase old games. It's a sad world when there is a share button for social networking on a gaming controller. By Sony recommending the profit is where cheaply made games are, they are making it harder for big companies to survive. In case you have not noticed there has been a ton of large gaming companies that have thrown in the towel while cheap crap games have been getting more popular.

Edited by AIDSorHIV

I was saying that playstation 4 is putting in too much effort into implementing ways to get customers to buy old games. I'll explain. PS4 is out now and Sony has announced their effort on the playstation now project.

What does playstation now do?

Allows people to play their games on their stupid phones, tablets, or whatever.

Why it's stupid?

It is integrated with an E-gamestore or subscription.

What does that have to do with playstation putting in too much effort into selling old games?

Do ya think people are going to be playing Uncharted 4 on their dumb little phones? No, the store will be just full of tetris, angry birds, and other basic junky games just like the one's I used to play in 1995.(Ok, I don't have any realistic examples because I don't purchase new $10 games from PSN)

While the playstation 4 has been out the majority of the games that have been coming out are available for ps3 as well. This is the time where Sony needs to get the developers to push the envelope into creating new games but they are not. They are trying to stall by throwing this "Let's all play old crap". I don't work for the company but I know business and there is plenty that they can do to bring developers with new games to move along quicker.

Right now there isn't really a concern but there has been a lot of activities in the past couple of years with Sony marketing people to purchase old games. It's a sad world when there is a share button for social networking on a gaming controller. By Sony recommending the profit is where cheaply made games are, they are making it harder for big companies to survive. In case you have not noticed there has been a ton of large gaming companies that have thrown in the towel while cheap crap games have been getting more popular.

The developers will take as much time as they need to make their games and releasing older games has literally no affect on this. Sony can't just tell their first party developers to "make their games faster." 

The developers will take as much time as they need to make their games and releasing older games has literally no affect on this. Sony can't just tell their first party developers to "make their games faster."

Sony creating competition for sales that release earlier than developers can bring out the good games is a business plan that is counterproductive for them. That would be one issue. I'm sure there are others.

I've said this before, if Sony and Ms had of insisted that COD, bf4 and AC4 be next Gen only we would all be walking around thrilled at the launch line up.

The one thing I will say is Sony should have sat on Last of Us and saved it as a ps4 launch title, there wouldn't even be a console war at that point.

I've said this before, if Sony and Ms had of insisted that COD, bf4 and AC4 be next Gen only we would all be walking around thrilled at the launch line up.

The one thing I will say is Sony should have sat on Last of Us and saved it as a ps4 launch title, there wouldn't even be a console war at that point.

Were PS4 Dev Kits even available when TLoU went into development?

There´s a lack of games recently after a new console launched? Color me shocked!

Complaining about PS+ not offering AAA titles 2 months after release is rediculous. 

Everyone who buys a new console day one knows (or at least should know) that most games are just multplats and the library is limited. 

From what I recall, The Last of Us development started right after Uncharted 2: Among Thieves released so I highly doubt Naughty Dog would have had access to PS4 dev kits. 

Also, Sony aren't putting any effort into PlayStation Now? Yeah, they just spent $380 million in order to acquire a company that will likely give us a great starting point for the service, no effort involved at all.  :rolleyes:

Parker

• Like 3

There might not be any games that you consider "huge" coming out during that time, but look at the games that are coming out right at the end of February and March. Plus if you happen to own a PS3, there are a couple of big games coming out during that time also. 

Thief February 25

MGS: Ground Zeros March 18

InFamous: Second Son March 21

Sony creating competition for sales that release earlier than developers can bring out the good games is a business plan that is counterproductive for them. That would be one issue. I'm sure there are others.

This post along with the others is, pardon me, astronomically illogical. First of all, gaming is becoming an increasingly social activity. Back then you'd be shunned for being a gamer so to speak, now a days you'll be looked down upon if you don't game because the industry is growing and becoming more and more important. A share button just capitalized on the social, online aspects of gaming.

Also, weren't people going on and on about backwards compatibility, and now this is bad? Playstation Now means all Sony games will always be available no matter the system, thus getting rid of the backwards compatibility dilemma to some extent. Your tablet comment is just blind hate, i'll ignore that.

Yes, you are right. The console released in November and so far there have absolutely been no real big AAA titles, but that's to be expected. For the first few months-year even, a console will have lots of multiplatform games and the like until the adoption rate increases so sales stop being a big issue. However, the way you suggest Sony should just rush out games through the door doesn't help, either. At the end of February we have Thief, a multiplatform game but AAA. We have inFAMOUS Second Son, MGS: Ground Zeroes which is catered towards the PS4, you also have Watch_Dogs in Q1. 

Also, what ever do you mean with the ''big companies'' thing? why is it that indie games making profit is considered bad? judging a game based on how many ads it has on TV or how many flashy banners it has is stupid. Indie games are extremely enjoyable experiences and if they are the reason why big companies are going out of business, then i'll be damned, let them put more effort into their games and maybe they wouldn't go out of business. 

Short and sweet response from myself.

I thought of being an early adopter but then pulled back because I realized that I wasn't going to be using it enough to justify getting it early. Anyways, I am happy with how things are going from my observations. There are still some things I wish they would add in that were part of the PS3 experience.

I suspect in a few months I will eventually get a PS4 but for now I am biding my time for when it is right.

This post along with the others is, pardon me, astronomically illogical. First of all, gaming is becoming an increasingly social activity. Back then you'd be shunned for being a gamer so to speak, now a days you'll be looked down upon if you don't game because the industry is growing and becoming more and more important. A share button just capitalized on the social, online aspects of gaming.

Also, weren't people going on and on about backwards compatibility, and now this is bad? Playstation Now means all Sony games will always be available no matter the system, thus getting rid of the backwards compatibility dilemma to some extent. Your tablet comment is just blind hate, i'll ignore that.

Yes, you are right. The console released in November and so far there have absolutely been no real big AAA titles, but that's to be expected. For the first few months-year even, a console will have lots of multiplatform games and the like until the adoption rate increases so sales stop being a big issue. However, the way you suggest Sony should just rush out games through the door doesn't help, either. At the end of February we have Thief, a multiplatform game but AAA. We have inFAMOUS Second Son, MGS: Ground Zeroes which is catered towards the PS4, you also have Watch_Dogs in Q1. 

Also, what ever do you mean with the ''big companies'' thing? why is it that indie games making profit is considered bad? judging a game based on how many ads it has on TV or how many flashy banners it has is stupid. Indie games are extremely enjoyable experiences and if they are the reason why big companies are going out of business, then i'll be damned, let them put more effort into their games and maybe they wouldn't go out of business. 

Gaming has always been about moving forward with graphics and gameplay or keeping the quality the same while just making stuff different. With the release of PS4 it really looks like gaming is beginning to take a turn for the worst. It looks as though Sony is trying hard to get people to move in the opposite direction.

Instead of backwards compatibility they are reselling old games. Sony just keeps going and going with trying to implement features away from a new/better gaming experience. This is probably why games like GTA5 have decided to lay off of moving forward to GTA6 and just try to run with gta online instead.

Gaming has always been about moving forward with graphics and gameplay or keeping the quality the same while just making stuff different. With the release of PS4 it really looks like gaming is beginning to take a turn for the worst. It looks as though Sony is trying hard to get people to move in the opposite direction.

Instead of backwards compatibility they are reselling old games. Sony just keeps going and going with trying to implement features away from a new/better gaming experience. This is probably why games like GTA5 have decided to lay off of moving forward to GTA6 and just try to run with gta online instead.

Care to elaborate? From my experience with the PS4 it is better than the PS3 in every way. The console is faster, the OS is faster, the online experience is better because of some PS4 features and the controller is better. I really don't see what features Sony is trying to implement that makes the gaming experience worse. 

Parker

Care to elaborate? From my experience with the PS4 it is better than the PS3 in every way. The console is faster, the OS is faster, the online experience is better because of some PS4 features and the controller is better. I really don't see what features Sony is trying to implement that makes the gaming experience worse.

I've mentioned it earlier in the topic. Basically all of the features and plans they have to give people more options that have absolutely nothing to do with the future of gaming.

You can also look at ign and the billions of things they are jabbering about the new Tomb Raider. This gen of game systems is the first to go this nuts over re-releases in my entire life. I started gaming in 1988.

Edited by AIDSorHIV

I've mentioned it earlier in the topic. Basically all of the features and plans they have to give people more options that have absolutely nothing to do with the future of gaming.

You can also look at ign and the billions of things they are jabbering about the new Tomb Raider. This gen of game systems is the first to go this nuts over re-releases in my entire life. I started gaming in 1988.

The only thing I've seen you mention is PlayStation Now and I'd say that is definitely going to be the future of gaming. Instead of having to spend the time and money to have new consoles support the older consoles games, you can just stream them online. 

So what other features and plans does Sony have that has nothing to do with the future of gaming?

Parker