This is getting ridiculous

itzzh3lixx

You might have heard about them releasing Outlast now on the PS4 and earlier they released Don't Starve on the PS4 and now they will be releasing YET another PC game to the PS4 "Octodad" and 2 PS3 games will also be ported to the ps4 Tomb Raider and Rayman Legends, ... They are no huge ps4 games until the end of february, the ps4 have been very lazy with releasing games all we are getting is ported games from other consoles right now

Edited by itzzh3lixx
  • Like 1

That's one of those things of being an early adopter of a new console launch! I remember the first few months of the PS3 also had no games, it would have been nice to have a few games ported from PC! lol. Me and friends spent a loooot of time in that PS3 chat room in the early days due to the lack of games =P

It's very rare to see a console launch with a ton of games and no delays, the Vita was really a rare exception. Remember Watch Dogs and Drive Club were delayed from launch games, that kind of stuff just happens and it should be expected when buying a console on day one.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

Octodad was announced at E3 last year. I think the first six months of any console are a bit slow in terms of releases and as rb8gem9 said, if you adopt a new platform early you usually have to put up with that. Speaking for myself, there's not that much coming out for the PS4 that I'm interested in until the second half of the year.That being said though I'm still planning on getting a PS4 myself in the next month or two in the hopes I'm wrong and knowing full well that it might just be sitting there doing nothing for several months. But that's just the risk a person takes when getting a new console during the launch window.

Plus keep in mind that not everyone games on a PC. To use myself as an example, I could game on my PC if I wanted but I use it for work so during the day that's not an option and after work I don't usually want to keep staring at the PC screen.

Also, the PS4 is the first Sony system for a lot of people so in a way it makes sense for some of the PS3 games, and even some PC games, to be altered for the PS4 to cash in on all the people getting a PS4. Again, none of the games out so far are of any interest to me but I still think it is good that they are coming out with a variety of games to satisfy the majority of people.

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 2

well as an early adopter consider yourself lucky, its pretty cool that the ps4 is capable of handling pc ports and even when the ps3 came out ppl were pretty much limited to PS home

Hah, not even PlayStation Home! That didn't release until 1 - 2 years later!  :P I remember I did spend a lot of time watching videos of PlayStation Home at the time, haha

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

Hah, not even PlayStation Home! That didn't release until 1 - 2 years later!  :P I remember I did spend a lot of time watching videos of PlayStation Home at the time, haha

Beat me to it lol PS Home Bowling was fun when it launched.. then got boring pretty fast lol

It's the same with every early adopter of a console, I basically had Virtua Fighter 5 and nothing else for PS3 for a while.. I'm actually getting free games on PS4 as well as Knack so I'll say that's one hell of an improvement.

• Like 2

You might have heard about them releasing Outlast now on the PS4 and earlier they released Don't Starve on the PS4 and now they will be releasing YET another PC game to the PS4 "Octodad" and 2 PS3 games will also be ported to the ps4 Tomb Raider and Rayman Legends, ... They are no huge ps4 games until the end of february, the ps4 have been very lazy with releasing games all we are getting is ported games from other consoles right now

'The ps4' don't release games, publishers release games - and they will, give it some time for goodness sake - strangely enough it takes longer to make a game than it does to play one!

Also - its not like you've finished the ones you have yet.... ;)

• Like 2

What did you expect exactly? 

I got more than enough to play i'm actually glad since it gives me time to clean up some of my backlog and watch some tv shows , movies etc 

it's a nice break for a change :)

As far as the Pc ports i'm actually extremely happy for them since there's loads of Pc games i want to play !

Really looking forward to Outlast 

Theif releases end of february and in march there's Infamous second son and metal gear solid ground zeroes 

and im sure they will announce more games soon 

the first year in every consoles life cycle is like this , everything takes time 

which is fine 

we are actually getting a lot of games this year for next gen !

Also it's only been what 2 months ? since the PS4 Released i'm sure everyone has enough to play until march .

Edited by TheVolloxx-

I'm actually pretty excited about the Tomb Raider Remaster. They redid a lot of the visuals to make the graphics PS4 quality. I never did play the PS3 version, so the new revamped version for the PS4 sounds absolutely amazing.

Right now, Sony is trying to hold over your hunger for games with PC ports. You have to first eat the appetizer before you get to the main course.

While I do understand the frustration of not having "new" games, any launch system is not going to have 20-25 titles upon release.

I have noticed that there are a lot of new Vita/PS4 owners that never got to enjoy the PS3 and so they are wanting new stuff to play, but I am content waiting as I had to endure the atrocity that was Battlefield 4 on PS4, and I am all for waiting until Devs figure out the new hardware/software and make amazing games instead of just filling a library full of broken games.

I still believe PS3 hasn't reached it's peak as far as great games, but I will enjoy it for a few more years.

I didnt really read any of it, but complaining about indie games ported from pc is silly considering they made a big deal about it. Indie games are a huge deal to a lot of people right now, Sony is making them very accessible (plus giving them for free with ps+), and its going to end up being a large chunk of the market. Not everything can be AAA games and sometimes those are the ones that fail the most over someone pouring their soul into something theyve built themselves.

• Like 1

Why would you buy a PS4 at launch if you weren't prepared to wait months for the big games (like almost every other console launch)? Did you not realize that no new games would be getting released until around February before you bought it? As for the indie games, a lot of them were announced for the PS4 before it was even released. 

The indie games and re-releases of last gen games that have been ported from other platforms are offering new experiences to PS4 owners who haven't played them before and expanding the library of the new console you just bought. Might it be a cash-grab in some cases? Of course, but who really cares? Nobody is forcing you to buy them, not to mention that two of them have already been offered for free to ps+ members.

There is literally nothing to complain about, it was your own foolish decision to buy a console at launch with clearly little research done beforehand and then expect AAA titles to release a month later.

Edited by Kagatoki
  • Like 1