Thoughts about the game?

How do you guys like the remaster, I personally think the 60fps makes this game’s intense sequences really good. The controller feedback imo is used pretty well and the loading times are quite fast. I haven’t experienced any serious bugs, just a view visual glitches while climbing that went away quickly. Also, the game’s graphics look pretty similar to the original games. What do you guys think about the remaster?

• Like 2

I have encountered two bugs

The first was in Uncharted 4 when Nadine catches up with Nathan and Sam in Scotland. During the climb out on, Drakes arms was twisted the other way. Almost as if someone had force his forearm in the other direction.

The other bug, which was the most prominent was in The Lost Legacy when Asv captures Chloe, Nadine and one other person and he gets the Tusk. It was almost like the scene was either skipping or that the lighting would go from bright to dark and back several times until you are forced to escape. Never experienced anything like that in the previous uncharted games.

Gonna play The Lost Legacy again on Crushing difficulty eventually and I will see if that area was a one off bug or permanent. 

• Like 1

Yeah I always go for 60 over fidelity/quality modes. Although I prefer the hybrid modes some developers have offered where you get 60 & ray tracing but a lower resolution. This game is incredible at 60. I went back to the PS4 version to check the difference and it was almost a chore to play. Felt like it was in slow motion.

• Like 3

I think it was absolutely worth the $10 to upgrade. Hadn't played 4 in many years and never got around to lost legacy and man I really enjoyed both of them, forgot how great 4 was and I now consider it my favorite of the series.

The 60fps performance mode was something I'd been wanting for years and while it's barely changed graphically from the PS4 pro version it still looks amazing to this day and it runs like a dream.

When I was doing additional playthroughs or using chapter select to get trophies I checked out performance+ and wow, I never expected them to add a 120fps mode but I'm glad they did it is just so responsive and smooth.

I checked out fidelity for brief moments and after checking out performance I just couldn't, only used it for a few photo mode things. I believe it runs at a solid 30 (if I'm remembering the digital foundry video I watched correctly) but compared to the 60 it's just diminishing returns, it looks clearer but not worth halfing the frame rate over.

In terms of glitches I only experienced a few but most of them were short, weird graphical glitches that didn't affect anything and only made me laugh a bit.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I owned UC4 and LL on disk and so I sold LL to offset the cost of upgrading. So I only paid about £6 to upgrade. Totally worth it. 60fps is transformative (to borrow a phrase from Digital Foundry) and I get to get all the trophies from scratch. Loading times are insanely fast, dualsense is great! It feels like a PS5 game - it's such a premium feeling experience. Just wish there were two plats though!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/03/2022 at 8:55 PM, crnch88 said:

I owned UC4 and LL on disk and so I sold LL to offset the cost of upgrading. So I only paid about £6 to upgrade. Totally worth it. 60fps is transformative (to borrow a phrase from Digital Foundry) and I get to get all the trophies from scratch. Loading times are insanely fast, dualsense is great! It feels like a PS5 game - it's such a premium feeling experience. Just wish there were two plats though!

I did exactly the same ?

But also got a free cinema ticket to see the new movie, which I'd have paid for anyway, so was like a free upgrade!!

I saw the same 2 issues as reported by @Jermster_91 above, but neither affected gameplay.

I'd forgotten just how good The Lost Legacy is.

60FPS every time !!!

Edited by GoldCoastTanner

On 2/13/2022 at 11:12 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Fidelity mode is horrible. I think it drops way below 30 at times and is almost unplayable once you experience this game in 60fps. There's not enough graphical differences to warrant the 30fps mode either.

Performance mode is AWESOME though! I think this game has made a total 60fps snob haha. After experiencing the action scenes in higher frames I will probably just drop Raytracing here on out and do 60fps.

I'm enjoying this remaster more than I thought I would. I personally didn't remember some of the scenes so it felt like a brand new game as well.

Uncharted 4 was a blast.

I cannot bring myself to finish the snore fest that is LL. I enjoyed LL back in the day when it was released, probably just to have more of what I thought was Uncharted then.

This game barely feels like an Uncharted game. Has nothing to do with the main character(s), has everything to do with the boring ass driving in Ch4. Cannot deal with it. Not even in the slightest interesting...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 8:27 PM, woggly4 said:

Everyone who is auto-popping trophies is missing out big time.

Since the save game import for me was rather buggy, I had to redo quit a few of trophies again, including a ton of collectable. So I did a proper playthrough, with all cut scenes. It was much more enjoyable then my first playthrough on PS4, which I did on crushing. This was a very bad idea back then. ND was never able to properly balance the Uncharted games on crushing. All 4 are really bad in this regard.

Is it the masterpiece so many claim it to be? No! But it surely is a very good game and with nice conclusion for Nathan. It was fun to fully replay the game once more, without the hassle of crushing ;)

• 3 months later...

Enjoyed the game overall, though there were some nasty bits in Crushing difficulty.

I think 67% of trophies autopopped with the save transfer, all collectibles but no difficulty related ones. I had some misc trophies pop too, but had to redo many, which wasn't an issue.

All the difficulty trophies popped at the end of the credits (while I was typing this out lol) which is cool ? 

Typical pitA bits were the exploding mummies and a few later-on fight sequences, and oc the boss fight on crushing is as you'd expect.

The game itself was a bit finicky at first with platforming, but mostly performed well. Graphics wise it's a big step up from ps4...

Was nice to revisit.

• 11 months later...

It's a great game, BOTH entries. Save often, use 2 slots so that you can go back anytime you miss something (The auto save will get you if you don't use 2 slots). Saved me many times in Lost Legacy especially those damn lock boxes.

• 1 month later...

Great game and story, just got the platinum finally. The combat however is super annoying, especially on crushing. Many times I wished that there was less combat and more treasure hunting.

I think we can all agree that the mummies sucked on Crushing…

Also… 1 platinum for the two games in the PS5 collection? Really?

This games a classic that I really enjoyed… and I will probably never play again now that I got 100%.