Ultramarathon glitched?

Riv1404

1 minute ago, Shorah- said:

Same. It's very inconsistent in my opinion. I thought i would just run around the first city, grinding marathon, to find some survivors and it never happened.

If i play normally in the main city, i feel like i have more encounters.

Also i've done everything in the game in around 50h so i might have to rubberband for a really long time. 

And i'm still missing 2 parkour points and 3 combats. If someone has a good strategy to farm xp, i'm all ears

There is place at Trinity, where almost 100% spawns mini-boss (only after the story). Killing him provides you with nearly 1,5k xp for both parkour and combat. Video:

46 minutes ago, Smaxoy said:

Well, I tried for an hour today, no survivors at day, and barely got two of them at night. Maybe it because I finished the story, maybe because I gave all districts to the PK, but this encounters pisses me off..

It may very well be a combination of both those things. I haven't finished the main story yet and I gave all territories to the Survivors as well as giving the radio tower to Frank and the encounters spawn quite frequently. Almost annoyingly frequent but I still haven't gotten the trophy yet as I'm only now really going after the trophy for encounters and wasn't really doing them before. I know some of the new guides are recommending not finishing the story, playing up to where you meet Veronika Ryan, and then doing all the side content/trophies before doing that quest as areas get locked out after that point so that's where I'm at. I think it may also be worth noting in guides that it's better to give all territories to the Survivors just to make A Friend In Need trophy easier to obtain as well as giving the radio tower to Frank and not the Peacekeepers although I admittedly don't know for sure whether that even has anything to do with it or not. It seems it may though. 

19 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

I'll try but my gear is nowhere close to his.

Try using a decent ranged weapon, they're way overpowered in this game currently and it's way safer to pick off tougher enemies from afar this way rather than trying to go toe-to-toe with them with a melee weapon. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

Ok so to elaborate on the farming xp method describe in the video.

In trinity, the place where he founds the boss fight at night can also pop a renegades encounter with a red box to loot during daytime. If not, you ping around the area, day or night time, you might fight another encounter nearby (bolter, survivor..). All those encounters can give around 2k xp combat and parkour. All you need to do is get back to the closest bed (at cherry windwill), sleep, rince and repeat. 

2 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Ok so to elaborate on the farming xp method describe in the video.

In trinity, the place where he founds the boss fight at night can also pop a renegades encounter with a red box to loot during daytime. If not, you ping around the area, day or night time, you might fight another encounter nearby (bolter, survivor..). All those encounters can give around 2k xp combat and parkour. All you need to do is get back to the closest bed (at cherry windwill), sleep, rince and repeat. 

Thank you! There’s also a good spot to farm parkour points next to the Mercy Hospital in Trinity. Did it at night while being chased for extra XP boost. You just need the skill “Far jump”. You can do this at any point basically. You rack up thousands in minutes. 

https://www.naguide.com/dying-light-2-farming-parkour-points/

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

Ive managed to keep it going but getting the tracking up for trophies which you can do on PS5, so it makes the game display smaller but you see trophy progress on the side. However I've left this for the past 16/17 hours after completing the game / getting all collectables and still not got the trophy.
Not sure if tracking and having the game minimize like that stops the game registering km? 

Just wish they had a statistic for it lol

I’ve left mine running for over 30 hours and occasionally quit and restarted in case that helps it to catch up or whatever, really wanted a first 50 achiever for this great game but that’s looking out of reach now sucks considering every other trophy was done a few days ago. Got no idea what’s going on.

While playing normally it took just under 2 minutes to run 1 KM. 30 hours is 1800 minutes divide that by 2 it’s 900 (so 900KM ran from just rubber banding), on top of that you obviously run more than 60KM just playing the game doing every other trophy.

Kinda worrying at this point.

Edited by SzzPS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SzzPS said:

I’ve left mine running for over 30 hours and occasionally quit and restarted in case that helps it to catch up or whatever, really wanted a first 50 achiever for this great game but that’s looking out of reach now sucks considering every other trophy was done a few days ago. Got no idea what’s going on.

While playing normally it took just under 2 minutes to run 1 KM. 30 hours is 1800 minutes divide that by 2 it’s 900 (so 900KM ran from just rubber banding), on top of that you obviously run more than 60KM just playing the game doing every other trophy.

Kinda worrying at this point.

I wanted to do the same but I ran into the issue of when I rubberbanded my game would pause every 20 minutes or so not allowing me to just farm it. Do you have a way to make it not pause or do you just sit near your controller? 

47 minutes ago, garrett_danger said:

I wanted to do the same but I ran into the issue of when I rubberbanded my game would pause every 20 minutes or so not allowing me to just farm it. Do you have a way to make it not pause or do you just sit near your controller? 

I’ve left it on while sleeping, playing PS3/4, watching Netflix etc and it’s only paused twice. Not sure what it causes it tbh sorry. I just check on it every so often.

Edited by SzzPS
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 1:06 AM, Hinsusta said:

I got the trophy after many hours. I think i was at 100 hours playtime when I got it (im not sure), but I got it before the latest patch.

The console was also running 3 days at night to farm the km (used rubberband method). 

I also had the time glitch, but it was fixed when I played some missions with randoms. However, you can still change your time in certain parkour missions, as some missions can only be completed during the day or night. Maybe the bug will go away from that as well 1f607.png

Are you able to explain exactly what you did for this?  I'm attempting to rubberband, but it keeps pausing.  Im on top of the VNC tower.  Cant figure out why it keeps pausing.

1 hour ago, JABBERWALKY- said:

Are you able to explain exactly what you did for this?  I'm attempting to rubberband, but it keeps pausing.  Im on top of the VNC tower.  Cant figure out why it keeps pausing.

I think it must be something to do with the Controller. I have 4 Controllers and with 3 of them it doesn't matter how long it runs or where im running. With the 4th controller , the game is pausing every 5 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, mrsoy89 said:

I've been mixing afk and just running around Central Loop for 48 hours now. Still nothing.

Try to restart the game. Maybe the trophy will Pop than.

Edited by IX_Edinho_XI

1 hour ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

This whole pausing thing while rubberbanding is weird because it's all I've heard about, but since I'm now at that point myself going for this trophy, I thankfully haven't had it pause once yet. (Hopefully I haven't just jinxed it! Haha.)

I too am doing it on top of the VNC Tower as well.

I'm even trying it through remote play with a Backbone and its still pausing on me.  wtf.  Not sure what to do.  Above someone mentioned another controller; well the backbone is another controller and its still pausing.  not sure what to do at this point.  fuck this trophy

At least it's cumulative over multiple playthroughs. I plan on starting a 2nd playthrough soon so it's good to know at least my 50+ hour first playthrough will at least contribute to this ridiculous amount a little. 

I don't even feel like I've ran 100km in this playthrough, I was using the paraglider a lot to travel long distances... 960km is an absurd amount. Ugh.

24 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

At least it's cumulative over multiple playthroughs. I plan on starting a 2nd playthrough soon so it's good to know at least my 50+ hour first playthrough will at least contribute to this ridiculous amount a little. 

I don't even feel like I've ran 100km in this playthrough, I was using the paraglider a lot to travel long distances... 960km is an absurd amount. Ugh.

So you don't have to do this in one whole session then? That's a bit of a relief. I wish you could track this shit in the menu's ?

This is the worst trophy on this game. I got everything else done. Got over 100 hours on the game. Traveled everywhere a lot, barely fast traveled for most of the game. Still don't have it and no way of knowing how close or far I am from this. Sucks. I've been told the easter egg broom accessory that lets you fly makes this go faster. I've been using that thing but it doesn't feel like it's any faster. I think paragliding or the broom should both count, it's still considered traveling, even if it's via the air.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TSTO said:

This is the worst trophy on this game. I got everything else done. Got over 100 hours on the game. Traveled everywhere a lot, barely fast traveled for most of the game. Still don't have it and no way of knowing how close or far I am from this. Sucks. I've been told the easter egg broom accessory that lets you fly makes this go faster. I've been using that thing but it doesn't feel like it's any faster. I think paragliding or the broom should both count, it's still considered traveling, even if it's via the air.

Yeah, I saw that broom glitch too. That's definitely going to be the method I'll go with for this. The only thing that sucks about the broom is that it drains your stamina so you can't just fly around endlessly, you have to land every minute to replenish yourself. Even at max stamina, you only get about a minute glide time before you have to land. 

You can track it yourself. Start at one end of the map and fly to the other side. Set a waypoint to get the distance you're travelling and multiply it by how many times you do it. I already tried setting a waypoint from one end of the 2nd map to the other end and it's only like 2.5km each way which means it would take travelling back and forth with that route nearly 400 times to get the 960km distance. That is insane. 

I'm not looking forward to this one at all. This is giving me GRiD's "Around The Globe" flashbacks. Never got the courage or patience to go for that one either. 

15 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Yeah, I saw that broom glitch too. That's definitely going to be the method I'll go with for this. The only thing that sucks about the broom is that it drains your stamina so you can't just fly around endlessly, you have to land every minute to replenish yourself. Even at max stamina, you only get about a minute glide time before you have to land. 

You can track it yourself. Start at one end of the map and fly to the other side. Set a waypoint to get the distance you're travelling and multiply it by how many times you do it. I already tried setting a waypoint from one end of the 2nd map to the other end and it's only like 2.5km each way which means it would take travelling back and forth with that route nearly 400 times to get the 960km distance. That is insane. 

I'm not looking forward to this one at all. This is giving me GRiD's "Around The Globe" flashbacks. Never got the courage or patience to go for that one either. 

Yeah this is an atrocious amount of travel distance required. 960km is ridiculous. I get that they probably didn't want people to earn the platinum quickly but this honestly makes no sense. Trophies should not require a player to continue playing for tens or hundreds of hours beyond completing all the activities available in the game. I literally have nothing else to do but fly around on this stupid thing. I used all my inhibitors after getting the health and stamina trophies out of the way and now i got 24 stamina and 18 health and even with a maxed out endurance booster it really runs out quicker than i'd like (stamina). I was hoping to get this done before Horizon FW comes this Friday but if I don't I may have to hold off on this until the DLC comes or something. It's just a cruel joke.

• Like 1