Assassin's Creed V: What can we expect?

iFrUiTiG

Considering AC's views on Christ, basically that he's just making stuff up it probably wouldn't go over with the crowd. WW1 would remove the melee and it would become more of a shooter, espionage game at the very best.

True.

You can almost play AC in WW2 paris - just buy The Sabateur (good underrated game) and pretend Desmond is in the animus somewhere controlling the main character!

I think Old Japan with samurais would be pretty kick ass. Having a Samurai-assassin hybrid sounds like a formula for badassness. You could make a lot of plot twists with this time period. I also think the French Revolution would be pretty awesome too! There were tons of assassins during the French Revolution that all signed their names as "Jaques" after killing their target (who was usually a writer). I wouldn't be surprised if they did AC5 during the French Revolution with a female protagonist since the most violent assassins during this time were women. Lastly, I hope they stay out of the late 19th and 20th century. Adding cars to the game would just ruin the game for me.

Mayan setting would be really awesome actually. They could show HOW they predicted the end of the world in 2012 and it could explain what exactly happened to Desmond on Dec. 21st 2012 when he "died".

Wow, I didn't even know about his death or him "dying" around that date for that matter.

Now that I do, it sounds even cooler :P

What do I want? A true Assassin's Creed game, where, you know, the focus of the game is the war between the Assassins and the Templars. The setting really is irrelevant at this point, although I wouldn't doubt that they'll try picking a timeline that could include naval combat (which I am not as fond of as others). That feeling of conspiracy and excitement, that feeling of being an actual assassin from the older AC titles is long gone. 

What do I expect? Well, Black Flag was good, but it was NOT an Assassin's Creed game. The story focused so little on the Assassins and Templars that when it was brought into the mix, it felt as tacked on as the words "Assassin's Creed" in the title of the game. We got a moronic protagonist who didn't give a shit about the Assassins or the Templars and when he finally did and things began to get interesting, the game was already about to end. So, to play it safe, I'm going to predict that AC5 will be the game that strays the furthest from the franchise yet. It might be good, and I might (will) mindlessly buy the limited edition, but if AC4 has taught me anything, it's not to have faith in this franchise. 

People confuse me. Everyone loved AC2 even though that was basically ''Knight's Creed'' and then hated on AC3 which was more like AC1 focusing and studying the conflict between both factions, then they say ACIV ''is not an AC game''.

What do I want? A true Assassin's Creed game, where, you know, the focus of the game is the war between the Assassins and the Templars. The setting really is irrelevant at this point, although I wouldn't doubt that they'll try picking a timeline that could include naval combat (which I am not as fond of as others). That feeling of conspiracy and excitement, that feeling of being an actual assassin from the older AC titles is long gone. 

What do I expect? Well, Black Flag was good, but it was NOT an Assassin's Creed game. The story focused so little on the Assassins and Templars that when it was brought into the mix, it felt as tacked on as the words "Assassin's Creed" in the title of the game. We got a moronic protagonist who didn't give a shit about the Assassins or the Templars and when he finally did and things began to get interesting, the game was already about to end. So, to play it safe, I'm going to predict that AC5 will be the game that strays the furthest from the franchise yet. It might be good, and I might (will) mindlessly buy the limited edition, but if AC4 has taught me anything, it's not to have faith in this franchise. 

Black Flag was an AC game, the game was about Assassin's since Sequence 6. The game uses the Templar/Assassins as leverage to tell a great story about the internal struggle and evolution of Edward, as he goes from a man blinding looking for riches, glory and fame to a man looking for something more in life.

Black Flag was an AC game, the game was about Assassin's since Sequence 6. The game uses the Templar/Assassins as leverage to tell a great story about the internal struggle and evolution of Edward, as he goes from a man blinding looking for riches, glory and fame to a man looking for something more in life.

Since sequence 6? Seriously? So about 50% of the game, maybe..? It should be about the Assassins from the beginning to end, like every other AC game released. Not once in the entire game did I ever feel as though Edward was an actual assassin like Altair, Ezio or Connor (hell, even Aveline) and the entire AC story line felt like an afterthought compared to the whole "plunder this plunder that yoho" theme of the game. I love pirates and this was an extremely enjoyable game, I'm just saying that it does not feel like an AC game to me whatsoever. 

It's really binary to just look at things that way. His story and the way he evolved was interwoven into the Assassin/Templar conflict, the story would have not been nearly as interesting if he just went along to Tulum and was like ''oh hey I want to join you'', perhaps it should have been done a bit sooner than like...Sequence 11 but my point remains, Edward evolved through the whole Assassin/Templar conflict, which lead to his eventual joining of the Order. Ubisoft have a trend with AC3/IV in which you aren't immediately and assassin, it's built up. Heck, now that I think about it, even Ezio only joined the Assassins right before he confronted Rodrigo.

How about a branch off from the series called "Templar's Creed" or "The Order"?. It could be based on certain Templars who may have started out as assassins or their children growing to find out why assassins killed their father, mother or relative who was a Templar.  We could also include the founding of the Knight Templar and show Abstergo in a new light. Also they bridge moments for certain times with Altair, Ezio, Connor, Aveline, Edward and co life.

• Like 1

We've been told that they plan on  making two AC games this year, one for next gen consoles and one for previous gen consoles. We can say what we wish they'd do, but I'll tell you what I think they'll do. Avelline has been upsold quite a bit lately, so I think they'll make a previous gen game devoted to her. Whereas in all AC games starting with AC2 you see the main character grow into the order from being an outsider, in Avelline's first game you see her already a full Assassin and in the prime of her power. So I think they'll make a game where you see her journey into becoming an Assassin. For the next gen game, I believe they'll explore a new character completely, we've already got a couple Assassins that have been mentioned in outside materials but not explored in a game (namely the Russian Assassin Nikolai Orelov and the Chinese Assassin Shao Jun). My money is on Shao Jun, she was specifically mentioned in Assassins Creed 3 as the inventor of rope darts and even given a database entry in the same game. She has a connection to Ezio in that she was present when he died. So there's my thoughts.

We've been told that they plan on  making two AC games this year, one for next gen consoles and one for previous gen consoles. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the previous gen AC game for 2014 was actually Liberation HD. Not to say I'd be opposed to two full sized AC games being released in the same year  :holy:

I expect more milking.....but Japan would end up in a fantastic game.Anyway we won't have to wait too much...soon they'll tease us with a new Assassin's.

Maybe a modern setting? I think the franchise needs a break for a good 1-2 years... Seems like they come out with one every year....

Seems like?...they're coming with one every year since AC2's release in 2009.The series really need a break.

Wasn't it proven that Jack the Ripper never existed?

And I would love to see something take place in the Viking age since im from Scandinavia, though I doubt that will happen since I might be too far back..  :S

The Roman Empire is even further back.

We visited Rome, and while yes it's different between then and Renaissance etc etc etc, but it's still the same setting and we even have quite a bit of insight through Brutus in Brotherhood.

The series needs a break not necessarily because they're being ''rushed'' or whatever, but rather series fatigue can kick in making the game rather undesirable. You can't just ''not buy the game'' because people here enjoy the series, but they just want to see better games. also, you'd be out of the loop if you skip.

A 2 year waiting period between each game gives the fans time to cool down, and it gets them craving AC again. Along with the nice added bonus of extra development time.