“Free the Meat” trophy is currently glitched

1 minute ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I got the plat twice without problems so they definitely fixed it with the latest patches

Same here.  Only platted the game once, but had no issues whatsoever with trophies..

At least as far as I can remember.  I think I'd remember if there were any major problems.

9 hours ago, NashtyMouse said:

Just a heads up. It’s the only trophy I’m missing. I 100% got all ten barrels on my first hard playthrough and it didn’t pop, so I wiped my save, sped through the game on easy while getting all 10 again, and it didn’t pop.

was thinking of buying it too. did you enjoy the game?

Just now, Ozetkiller said:

was thinking of buying it too. did you enjoy the game?

Definitely, it’s one of my favorite games of all time so I was super excited to jump into it again. Was hoping to get the plat first, I would’ve got it in 20 hours if the trophy didn’t bug haha.

it definitely feels dated obviously, but as someone who grew up with the og game it doesn’t bother me at all.

1 minute ago, NashtyMouse said:

Definitely, it’s one of my favorite games of all time so I was super excited to jump into it again. Was hoping to get the plat first, I would’ve got it in 20 hours if the trophy didn’t bug haha.

it definitely feels dated obviously, but as someone who grew up with the og game it doesn’t bother me at all.

thats awesome. i only played abes odyssey back in the days. havent played the other ones. i will give this one a try^^

yeah it always sucks if theres glitched trophies. hopefully theyll fix it soon. someone needs to tell them though

1 hour ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

Too bad they never fixed the glitchy trophy for “I regrow nothing” in Munch’s Oddysee. I’ve beaten that game like 5 times without regrowing anything and it never pops.

There is a workaround for that bug :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/212900-quoti-regrow-nothingquot-trophy-solution/

On 2/12/2022 at 0:03 PM, HuntingFever said:

I don’t t think this will work for the Vita version though. Doesn’t it delete your save files if you delete the game on Vita? I’m not aware of any way to delete a game while saving the save files. I hope I’m wrong because this plat has been eating me up for years.

12 hours ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

I don’t t think this will work for the Vita version though. Doesn’t it delete your save files if you delete the game on Vita? I’m not aware of any way to delete a game while saving the save files. I hope I’m wrong because this plat has been eating me up for years.

It depends on the game, because some do, some don't so back up your saves before trying this trick :).

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

They're either a hacker or one of the developers testing a patch, because there is no legit way to earn this trophy at the moment.

The plat % was .1% this morning, now it’s .3%, so multiple have gotten jt throughout the day.

I just hope I can get it with my last save which is right before the 10th barrel, I really don’t want to run through it again

13 hours ago, lombax49 said:

A patch was released sometime last night that fixed the trophy. I had a save at the last barrel but the trophy didn't pop. Replayed the game on easy and got them all again and it popped at the 9th one in sekto's dam.

I’m gonna lose my shit. I ran through this a THIRD time and it still didn’t pop. Did you completely wipe your save file before replaying, I didn’t do that, I wonder if that’s the problem..

7 hours ago, lombax49 said:

I didn't wipe it, just started a brand new save. Another thing I made sure to do is to be consistant on how I destroyed each barrel. I used a charged zapperfly for each barrel instead of some being ranged and some destroyed by melee.

Charged zapfly worked! Thank you!

i might have ptsd by playing this thing 4 times through.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 30/06/2022 at 7:56 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Finders Filchers is also glitched but in a good way. I got it after 39 chests, not 40. Unless they added chests in this version

I got it after 32, but following my own collectible guide (flex) on PST, I'd also collected eight moolah pots by that point. So it looks like the pots count towards the trophy on PS4.